Pages:
Author

Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool! - page 2. (Read 123721 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
FWIW, I offered to do the update for BurningToad (I want to get the stable backports tested). Haven't heard back yet.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Well there were even valid blocks today from Donate@Home and BTC Warp - so I guess with easter coming up, contrary to popular beliefs, something useful can get resurrected

Im sure they upgraded, just remember donate@home have multiple blocks listed on blockchain that belongs to the Mystery Miner and not actually donate@home.

Also nmcbit upgraded aswell.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Well there were even valid blocks today from Donate@Home and BTC Warp - so I guess with easter coming up, contrary to popular beliefs, something useful can get resurrected
[Saturday, March 31, 2012] [10:49 PM]
My friends, we are gathered here today to morn the loss of Donate@Home, BTC Warp, Arsbitcoin, 50BTC, nmcbit, and Polmine.
As a user of Bitcoin I have the honor to speak here today on behalf of the broader Bitcoin community. The tragic loss of these pools could have been prevented, if they paid any attention to the system that gave them life, a system they claimed to serve. But it was not so, and now they will soon fork from the longest chain and become orphaned. Their past blocks, however, will live on — remembered and celebrated by all nodes for eternity. So, now, for the last time as you mine your final blocks we bid you farewell rugged pools.

Erm they just need to patch and all is well, why spread this bullshit?
legendary
My friends, we are gathered here today to morn the loss of Donate@Home, BTC Warp, Arsbitcoin, 50BTC, nmcbit, and Polmine.
As a user of Bitcoin I have the honor to speak here today on behalf of the broader Bitcoin community. The tragic loss of these pools could have been prevented, if they paid any attention to the system that gave them life, a system they claimed to serve. But it was not so, and now they will soon fork from the longest chain and become orphaned. Their past blocks, however, will live on — remembered and celebrated by all nodes for eternity. So, now, for the last time as you mine your final blocks we bid you farewell rugged pools.
Activity: 62
Merit: 0
Your pool server crashed.
yeah... what's going on?
Your pool server crashed.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
FPGA convert
I plan on getting to it today, sorry for the wait.  If you have something urgent, you can email be at [email protected]

Are you running the pool again?  Or does it still suck?

You guys were bad ass for a while, then started sucking ass.  Are you bad ass again?  Are you the original guy who ran the pool when it was bad ass?

I am looking for a new home ... 10 ghash and growing.

The pool still mostly sucks.  

Actually in the recent month or so, it is fairly stable and if it messed up, I restart it.  I usually get to support emails within 7 days or so.  I'm still the original guy who ran it, but it has fallen into deep neglect.

Once I figure out the details, I will be shutting the pool down.  But basically, once I announce it, it will be something like 30 days left to mine, 60 days left to claim bitcoins on the site that may be in your account, and then 90 days until I officially close accounts (can still claim coins.)  Once I officially announce, notices will be posted on the site, all members with balances and/or recent mining activity will be emailed, etc.

What a bummer man.  I loved your pool.
hmmm, I hope this wont happen to soon since right now I have over 200 BTC still unpaid and without a decent chance of recouping atleast some of it would simply suck. Unless you figure out a way to start rewarding only those who still mine at the pool from new blocks generated since it seems a huge volume of users simply stopped and is now piggybacking on remaining miners who still clear blocks for the pool, these loyal miners would be affected the most since they constantly will have unpaid balances.
I suspect you mean extra credit. That was never promised to become Bitcoins or retain any value.

I didnt say it was promised to become credit or bitcoins, I was just refering to the fact that this pool change from prop to SMPPS exactly to prevent people from earning when they dont mine and guess what, thats what is happening right now alot of miners stopped and still getting credit for other people clearing blocks.

Take it as you like but since the pool is planning to shutdown, this is affecting fulltime miners who still contribute alot more than piggyback miners who gave up long ago.
Activity: 12
You can now make account modifications that require your PIN number again.  Email [email protected] if you need any assistance.
Thank you.
legendary
hmmm, I hope this wont happen to soon since right now I have over 200 BTC still unpaid and without a decent chance of recouping atleast some of it would simply suck. Unless you figure out a way to start rewarding only those who still mine at the pool from new blocks generated since it seems a huge volume of users simply stopped and is now piggybacking on remaining miners who still clear blocks for the pool, these loyal miners would be affected the most since they constantly will have unpaid balances.
I suspect you mean extra credit. That was never promised to become Bitcoins or retain any value.
I plan on getting to it today, sorry for the wait.  If you have something urgent, you can email be at [email protected]

You guys were bad ass for a while, then started sucking ass.  Are you bad ass again?  Are you the original guy who ran the pool when it was bad ass?

Actually in the recent month or so, it is fairly stable and if it messed up, I restart it.  I usually get to support emails within 7 days or so.  I'm still the original guy who ran it, but it has fallen into deep neglect.

Once I figure out the details, I will be shutting the pool down.  But basically, once I announce it, it will be something like 30 days left to mine, 60 days left to claim bitcoins on the site that may be in your account, and then 90 days until I officially close accounts (can still claim coins.)  Once I officially announce, notices will be posted on the site, all members with balances and/or recent mining activity will be emailed, etc.

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

You can now make account modifications that require your PIN number again.  Email [email protected] if you need any assistance.

Activity: 12
What is the situation with the payouts?
Any updates on this would be appreciated.

yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
What is the situation with the payouts?
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
I plan on getting to it today, sorry for the wait.  If you have something urgent, you can email be at [email protected]

Are you running the pool again?  Or does it still suck?

You guys were bad ass for a while, then started sucking ass.  Are you bad ass again?  Are you the original guy who ran the pool when it was bad ass?

Hi Burningtoad,
I think this is a valid question.
If the pool is not being actively supported could i suggest you remove "Come join us!" from your title. I idle in #arsbitcoin irc and many ppl that join come for support...and get none...and wander off to another pool. Current miners often join and go "why has the hasrate dropped" etc.

What are your plans for ArsBitcoin?
= SMPPS Buffer   -1,047.81461198 BTC is very big
Pool Hash Rate   314.384 Ghashes/s is ~1/3 of what it was
You had an awesome pool and this is a question the larger bitcoin community is very interested in Smiley

Hope life is treating you better Smiley
Best wishes,
Graet
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
FPGA convert
I plan on getting to it today, sorry for the wait.  If you have something urgent, you can email be at [email protected]

Are you running the pool again?  Or does it still suck?

You guys were bad ass for a while, then started sucking ass.  Are you bad ass again?  Are you the original guy who ran the pool when it was bad ass?

yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
is it possible to allow manual payouts for people who haven't changed their payout addresses?

Huh

how long will the payout function disabled?
Pages:
Jump to: