Pages:
Author

Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool! - page 4. (Read 123721 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
I stangly get between 70-200MH on here still although i have no miners mining to it. Seems to be a bug with CGMiner i think. Weird
Do you have it set as a failover pool still? I'm pretty sure that whenever you get a LP or its taking too long to get work, cgminer will shift to another pool for a share or few.
cgminer has an option "failover-only" which you need to set "true" if you don't want to leak to backup pools. Otherwise any time it can't get work fast enough on the main pool it will keep going with a share on the backup pool.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I stangly get between 70-200MH on here still although i have no miners mining to it. Seems to be a bug with CGMiner i think. Weird
Do you have it set as a failover pool still? I'm pretty sure that whenever you get a LP or its taking too long to get work, cgminer will shift to another pool for a share or few.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Unfortunatly my efforts are at abc now as the stales/invalids are just getting too high with no matanence here Sad Its a shame, i really liked this pool too. Newer and better idea's always come along though and i quite like getting payed for invalids and stales so although its not what i want to say, ARS just isnt at the top of the pile for good pools anymore. Thats a bit harsh, its a good pool still, just not up the top where it once stood tall Smiley

Swear im in top 60 (blue waffle) on lifetime everything in ARS too Sad be a shame see that get knocked off the board too. Ill always have my miner default here if abc goes down at any point and if things get better for BT you never know, I may be back Smiley

Peace

ARS is still cheaper taking everything into account.

After a few days i have to disagree. I'm getting about 0.1-0.2 BTC extra every 2 days. thats about .5 a week conservatively which isn’t a lot but its noticeable. If BT comes back i will think about making ARS my main pool again but as it is i don't know if it will be here in 3 months or not. I stangly get between 70-200MH on here still although i have no miners mining to it. Seems to be a bug with CGMiner i think. Weird
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
Unfortunatly my efforts are at abc now as the stales/invalids are just getting too high with no matanence here Sad Its a shame, i really liked this pool too. Newer and better idea's always come along though and i quite like getting payed for invalids and stales so although its not what i want to say, ARS just isnt at the top of the pile for good pools anymore. Thats a bit harsh, its a good pool still, just not up the top where it once stood tall Smiley

Swear im in top 60 (blue waffle) on lifetime everything in ARS too Sad be a shame see that get knocked off the board too. Ill always have my miner default here if abc goes down at any point and if things get better for BT you never know, I may be back Smiley

Peace

ARS is still cheaper taking everything into account.

Peace
Activity: 448
I really miss mining at this pool...

Turning that buffer around Cheesy
If only it were that easy... But unless BT starts maintaining the pool again, I won't have the same kind of trust in the pool as I used to.

AND, that negative buffer is huge! Tongue

In full swing, we were finding like, 3-4 blocks a day and at one point, I am pretty sure the buffer was well over 2000. A run like that could turn it around pretty quick. Makes it a little harder with only a third of the hashing power we had then, but it's possible.
We are bees, and we hate you.

If only it were that easy... But unless BT starts maintaining the pool again, I won't have the same kind of trust in the pool as I used to.

AND, that negative buffer is huge! Tongue
Activity: 406

We are bees, and we hate you.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
Payouts are a lot slower now than back in the day when this pool was over 1000 GH/s. In the end it doesn't really matter but sometimes it's agonizing to see payment trickling out. BT said some time back he would give a decent warning before closing down but I have to wonder what would happen at that point. Presumably the last few remaining miners here could be left with balances due (and no mining to payout) unless someone is going to donate/mine to clear them.

This was always my best paying pool and my choice would be to keep mining here but I only use it as backup now. Most other pools I've tried, even if they payout as well, give me high reject rates. I don't know why that is - if it's cheating or not, but the only pool that has consistently given me low rejects is BTCGuild. So I mine there because I figure it's better to be up front with a 5% fee than sneaky with high rejects.

I see now MtRed is going No-Fee so that may be worth trying again.
Activity: 944
Merit: 101
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
It isn't that you are put in a queue, it is that you receive a proportionate share from each block mined. Essentially, you'll be paid out slower than you are earning it, but it's not that you have to wait for 20 blocks and everyone else to get paid before you get your piece.

Ah I see.  Was just wondering how that worked.  The rate they pay out per share is as good as it gets from what I can tell compared to other pools but didn't know how the pay out works since it's in a negative buffer.

Was just curious on the delay in paying out but it must be good still if they've got over 300 Ghash worth of processing otherwise everyone would've already checked out.

Thanks for the response.
So is this pool still good to go considering it's in the negative?  If I mine then try to cash out it'll just put in a long queue where others are ahead of me waiting for theirs?

It isn't that you are put in a queue, it is that you receive a proportionate share from each block mined. Essentially, you'll be paid out slower than you are earning it, but it's not that you have to wait for 20 blocks and everyone else to get paid before you get your piece.
Are you sure about that?

Pool Unpaid: 1236.58970848 BTC

Yes.
Activity: 349
So is this pool still good to go considering it's in the negative?  If I mine then try to cash out it'll just put in a long queue where others are ahead of me waiting for theirs?

Are you sure about that?

Pool Unpaid: 1236.58970848 BTC

Activity: 944
Merit: 101
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Traveling, so I sold my rigs.

Sounds like the start of a country song.

No, that would be selling off my pigs to travel in my rig...and probably smacking up my wife and Budweiser would be somewhere in the mix as well.

Don't forget the part about your dog dying.

No, that would be selling off my pigs to travel in my rig...and probably smacking up my wife and Budweiser would be somewhere in the mix as well.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Man, I just looked at the donation stats, and despite not mining for almost four months, I am still 23rd in donations. Y'all cheap as hell, dawg.

Why did you stop mining?  Hardware failure?  Fatigue?  Cynicism?  Or did you already achieve your ultimate goal of becoming a bitcoin billionaire?  Just wondering.

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Man, I just looked at the donation stats, and despite not mining for almost four months, I am still 23rd in donations. Y'all cheap as hell, dawg.

Why did you stop mining?  Hardware failure?  Fatigue?  Cynicism?  Or did you already achieve your ultimate goal of becoming a bitcoin billionaire?  Just wondering.
Pages:
Jump to: