Pages:
Author

Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool! - page 6. (Read 123721 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
We're back up and running  Grin
FTFY.  And thanks for all your hard work over the holiday weekend.  It's nice to see everything humming along again.
Activity: 152
Merit: 102
We're back u[ and running  Grin
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
I have some computers hashing away and others not... odd... but it looks like I've got the second highest hash rate on the pool... Smiley

Not that I deserve a medal or anything.
Xmas seems to have been a bad time for the pool and now server 2 is acting up. I have been forced over to my backup pool I hope not for long.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Is the auto payout broken?
I believe autopayout has been broken for most of the week.  Today, however, none of my miners can connect to arsbitcoin at all.  They connect to my backup pool just fine, but ars doesn't seem to be accepting connections.  And the pool's hash rate has droppped down to 78.6 GH/s, which is very low (I believe it normally hovers between 275-350 GH/s).  I suspect Burning Toad may  have let it die, as he warned us might happen.  Have you tried to cash out today?  If so, any luck?

I got auto-paid yesterday, and i am on server 2, hashing away, albeit with high stalerate.

Server 2 is still up and working ok. That is why there is 78 GH/s still active. I suspect there is just a problem or maintenance issue with the #1 server. I withdrew cash earlier today and BT said he would give warning before closing anything down.

Try server2.arsbitcoin.com
Thanks BkkCoins!  That seems to have solved the problem.  My miners connect to this server without any trouble at all.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
I believe autopayout has been broken for most of the week.  Today, however, none of my miners can connect to arsbitcoin at all.  They connect to my backup pool just fine, but ars doesn't seem to be accepting connections.  And the pool's hash rate has droppped down to 78.6 GH/s, which is very low (I believe it normally hovers between 275-350 GH/s).  I suspect Burning Toad may  have let it die, as he warned us might happen.  Have you tried to cash out today?  If so, any luck?
Server 2 is still up and working ok. That is why there is 78 GH/s still active. I suspect there is just a problem or maintenance issue with the #1 server. I withdrew cash earlier today and BT said he would give warning before closing anything down.

Try server2.arsbitcoin.com
I believe autopayout has been broken for most of the week.  Today, however, none of my miners can connect to arsbitcoin at all.  They connect to my backup pool just fine, but ars doesn't seem to be accepting connections.  And the pool's hash rate has droppped down to 78.6 GH/s, which is very low (I believe it normally hovers between 275-350 GH/s).  I suspect Burning Toad may  have let it die, as he warned us might happen.  Have you tried to cash out today?  If so, any luck?
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
Activity: 322
Just found my first block ever. Block 15782. And it was with this pool. :3

I found none in 2 months and about 4 in 1 month haha. Names Blue Waffle on ARS
Activity: 133
I get a SSL Cert error, did something went wrong ?
If ArsBitcoin does get closed down, I will of course give notice, try to email all the accounts, provide probably 30 days of time for people to use the website to cashout, and probably 90 days of time for people to email me for manual account verification / cashout, etc.  Like i've said, this would probably be a lot of work, so the pool chugs on for now Wink
I guess you can tell I'm feeling a little better since i've actually said something... and been able to communicate.  What a wall of text....
Glad to hear things are improving for you.  I do want to thank you for all you've done with this pool.  I'm a novice at this and have only mined with three pools so far, and joined your pool when Slush's pool went down for a week.  I was astonished at how much higher my payouts were on arsbitcoin than on slush, and decided to stay with you (and increased my donation level) when I saw you were having issues.  I'd love to help you keep arsbitcoin alive, but I don't think I've got the skills or experience to do anything, and just want to express my gratitude for all the work you've put into this.  Should you shutdown, I will miss you very much, and wish you all the best of fortune in the future.  You are an inspiration.
Just found my first block ever. Block 15782. And it was with this pool. :3

Congrats  Grin
Activity: 288
Just found my first block ever. Block 157820. And it was with this pool. :3
Activity: 322
Good to hear from you BT Smiley I've made my way back in to the top 40 Smiley Thats a good thing Cheesy Seriously though, ARS as/id awesome so all best to you no matter what you do Wink
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

Like i've said, this would probably be a lot of work, so the pool chugs on for now Wink

As long as it does , I'll be chugging along with it Smiley
Activity: 14
I guess you can tell I'm feeling a little better since i've actually said something... and been able to communicate.  What a wall of text....
Good work, thank you. However, nothing lasts forever, you should take care of that which is important. Best of fortunes to you.

Activity: 448
Glad you are OK. We were worried about you!
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005
Hey guys.  I'm very sorry to have dropped off the map lately.  I've been having a number of personal issues.

Good to see you're still around. I can sympathize.

Whatever the end decision/result, it's been a good run. Thanks for putting ArsB together.

Best to you.
Activity: 207
Hello,

Sorry guys, the reality right now is:

1) I haven't done anything to improve the pool in at least a month.
2) All I've done is try and keep it up.  I usually get a text message when it messes up, but not always.  Each server (main and 2) seems to randomly fail occasionally (both PoolServerJ and pushpool.)  I haven't had time to try and figure out the root cause.  Basically PSJ/pushpool degrade after a while and need a restart.
3) I haven't done the numbers, but I'm probably losing money each day at the moment on this because EC2 is expensive and the BTC price is low.  The bill this last month was ~$400+ with the two servers + bandwidth costs.
4) I'm closer to bringing the pool down than I am to implementing merged mining or anything else.
5) I'm having some personal problems and issues just trying to do work for my real job, so the priority for this right now is very low.  In fact the pool is probably mostly still up (instead of being taken down) because it is more effort to take it down cleanly (provide notice, email everyone, resolve coin balances, etc.) than it is to keep it in its current state.

So, I apologize, but that is how things stand at the moment.  I can't guarantee anything for the future, i.e. whether I will take the pool down, or finally work on improving it, etc.

Hey guys.  I'm very sorry to have dropped off the map lately.  I've been having a number of personal issues.  One of which has affected my ability to be very social or responsive.  I really appreciate the emails and messages about trying to help out with hosting and anything at all, and I'm sorry that I have not responded to them individually.  I also really liked the community we had in the IRC channel, and I'm sorry that I've left it behind at the moment.  It looks like a lot of people have left the pool, which is completely understandable given its current condition, and I think some have just stopped mining in general.  I'm still glad to have talked to a lot of you and fun with bitcoin for a while.

Pool status as of now is about the same as it has been recently.  I try to keep it up and running, but stability has not been the greatest.  Honestly with the shape of the code base, database, etc not being easy to understand for someone else, and needed bugfixes, etc, and me not keeping up with the bitcoin scene lately, I'm not sure that transferring to another host or passing the pool on to someone else is a good idea.  The most likely result is a shutdown of the pool eventually, but I'm still not certain.  Probably be continuing the way it is over the holidays, with not much happening.  I may shut down server2 to try and save some money since we could handle all the traffic on one server now.  If I did this, I would point the DNS so that it would just use server 1, so you shouldn't have to worry about anything.  However, it would disable port 80 mining (which was down for a while anyways I think....)

I still respond to password reset emails, etc, though it tends to take me a while. 

On the bright side, looks like bitcoin price is up a little?  Thats good for everyone.  I haven't been watching it, but I would like to sell the donations I've received at some point so I can make back some of these server costs Smiley  At this point its just my own fault though, with all the offers of help, etc, to make it cheaper and such.  I don't like running a sub-par service, as it isn't cost efficient, and of course doesn't inspire people to donate since the service hasn't been good lately.  This is the most likely reason for an eventual shutdown, as I need to either improve things a lot and try and make this cost effective again, or I should just close it down to stop losing money.

If ArsBitcoin does get closed down, I will of course give notice, try to email all the accounts, provide probably 30 days of time for people to use the website to cashout, and probably 90 days of time for people to email me for manual account verification / cashout, etc.  Like i've said, this would probably be a lot of work, so the pool chugs on for now Wink

I guess you can tell I'm feeling a little better since i've actually said something... and been able to communicate.  What a wall of text....

Pages:
Jump to: