Pages:
Author

Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool! - page 5. (Read 123721 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I noticed that Eligius doesn't ever have a negative buffer, wouldn't the SMPPS algo apply here?
I presume Ars is showing "total issued extra credit" as its "negative buffer". Eligius has issued extra credit before, especially in the recent past few weeks, though we've mostly remained on the buffer side of the equation.
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
Man, I just looked at the donation stats, and despite not mining for almost four months, I am still 23rd in donations. Y'all cheap as hell, dawg.

22nd now Smiley
Yes, it is almost dead.  Buffer is -800. High stales, no donations to speak of.

I noticed that Eligius doesn't ever have a negative buffer, wouldn't the SMPPS algo apply here?
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
Man, I just looked at the donation stats, and despite not mining for almost four months, I am still 23rd in donations. Y'all cheap as hell, dawg.

22nd now Smiley
Activity: 448
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
I just wanted to see if anyone else who uses ARS has seen this.

Code:
1	IgorTheOverLord	59,800 MH/s

yeah  he comes and goes along with the other overlord

When I saw it I was like  Shocked

He must have control of a ton of miners.
legendary

Code:

yeah  he comes and goes along with the other overlord
Activity: 22
Merit: 0

Code:
legendary
Just wanted to say that although this pool is as some people call it"sailing without a captain" ( not sure it is)
its still is one of the biggest , best , robust pools around. running at 100's of ghz although the pool has
been in negative buufer for quite a while. 

I still like this pool.

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin
This pool isn't letting me cash out my bitcoins. I'm not sure why.
That is because as of writing this message the pool is in negative equity, as seen on the stats page: = SMPPS Buffer   -206.07366808 BTC
Activity: 363
This pool isn't letting me cash out my bitcoins. I'm not sure why.
I'm getting 5.5% stale shares today using Host: arsbitcoin.com Port: 8344

Can this be fixed please?

Hello,

Sorry guys, the reality right now is:

1) I haven't done anything to improve the pool in at least a month.
2) All I've done is try and keep it up.  I usually get a text message when it messes up, but not always.  Each server (main and 2) seems to randomly fail occasionally (both PoolServerJ and pushpool.)  I haven't had time to try and figure out the root cause.  Basically PSJ/pushpool degrade after a while and need a restart.
3) I haven't done the numbers, but I'm probably losing money each day at the moment on this because EC2 is expensive and the BTC price is low.  The bill this last month was ~$400+ with the two servers + bandwidth costs.
4) I'm closer to bringing the pool down than I am to implementing merged mining or anything else.
5) I'm having some personal problems and issues just trying to do work for my real job, so the priority for this right now is very low.  In fact the pool is probably mostly still up (instead of being taken down) because it is more effort to take it down cleanly (provide notice, email everyone, resolve coin balances, etc.) than it is to keep it in its current state.

So, I apologize, but that is how things stand at the moment.  I can't guarantee anything for the future, i.e. whether I will take the pool down, or finally work on improving it, etc.

Why post this old fucking non-sense instead of the new shit ?  He posted an update last month, that you commented "Glad you are OK. We were worried about you!" on the same day.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.649544

Big Time Coin - Send BurningToad a PM, if you'd like.

What the fuck are you going on about? I posted the relevant answer to a question someone asked. The situation hasn't changed, and BT's personal issues are beside the point. What was elaborated on in this oh-so-important message you linked?

TL;DR - No one is maintaining the pool.
Activity: 725
Merit: 503
How do you change your authorization pin?
Activity: 406

Hello,

2) All I've done is try and keep it up.  I usually get a text message when it messes up, but not always.  Each server (main and 2) seems to randomly fail occasionally (both PoolServerJ and pushpool.)  I haven't had time to try and figure out the root cause.  Basically PSJ/pushpool degrade after a while and need a restart.
3) I haven't done the numbers, but I'm probably losing money each day at the moment on this because EC2 is expensive and the BTC price is low.  The bill this last month was ~$400+ with the two servers + bandwidth costs.
4) I'm closer to bringing the pool down than I am to implementing merged mining or anything else.
5) I'm having some personal problems and issues just trying to do work for my real job, so the priority for this right now is very low.  In fact the pool is probably mostly still up (instead of being taken down) because it is more effort to take it down cleanly (provide notice, email everyone, resolve coin balances, etc.) than it is to keep it in its current state.

So, I apologize, but that is how things stand at the moment.  I can't guarantee anything for the future, i.e. whether I will take the pool down, or finally work on improving it, etc.

Why post this old fucking non-sense instead of the new shit ?  He posted an update last month, that you commented "Glad you are OK. We were worried about you!" on the same day.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.649544

Big Time Coin - Send BurningToad a PM, if you'd like.

Hello,

2) All I've done is try and keep it up.  I usually get a text message when it messes up, but not always.  Each server (main and 2) seems to randomly fail occasionally (both PoolServerJ and pushpool.)  I haven't had time to try and figure out the root cause.  Basically PSJ/pushpool degrade after a while and need a restart.
3) I haven't done the numbers, but I'm probably losing money each day at the moment on this because EC2 is expensive and the BTC price is low.  The bill this last month was ~$400+ with the two servers + bandwidth costs.
5) I'm having some personal problems and issues just trying to do work for my real job, so the priority for this right now is very low.  In fact the pool is probably mostly still up (instead of being taken down) because it is more effort to take it down cleanly (provide notice, email everyone, resolve coin balances, etc.) than it is to keep it in its current state.

So, I apologize, but that is how things stand at the moment.  I can't guarantee anything for the future, i.e. whether I will take the pool down, or finally work on improving it, etc.

Activity: 332

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
I like the user interface and stats info. The only thing keeping me from moving completely to Eligius is that it has very little UI/control. Pay is pretty much the same and it's grown bigger now compared to Ars.
legendary
I have to ask, guys: Why are you still mining here? I mean, I love BurningToad and all, he's adorable and looks fantastic in cut off jeans, hubba hubba, but he's clearly, from his own mouth, not involved in the pool at all.

With the plethora of other pools out there, why are you guys still chugging away here? The downtime alone, since he's not responding as quickly as if, ya know, he was still interested in it, would keep me away.

But, each to their own, I suppose Smiley

Ars in the heyday was the shit, I will never deny that.

I don't know about others, but my reason is its still the onlygood reasonable size  0% fee pool there is.
As long as there is a backup pool, what do I care.....

Activity: 121
Merit: 100
I have to ask, guys: Why are you still mining here? I mean, I love BurningToad and all, he's adorable and looks fantastic in cut off jeans, hubba hubba, but he's clearly, from his own mouth, not involved in the pool at all.

With the plethora of other pools out there, why are you guys still chugging away here? The downtime alone, since he's not responding as quickly as if, ya know, he was still interested in it, would keep me away.

But, each to their own, I suppose Smiley

Ars in the heyday was the shit, I will never deny that.
Activity: 406
Pool servers are down again :/
Activity: 152
Merit: 102
Over thirty hours without finding a block. Is there a problem or are we just being ultra unlucky?
Pages:
Jump to: