Pages:
Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 100. (Read 499602 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
OFFTOP but SHITPAl fucking sucks.I have ebay store .Simple example how they work:Buyer claim charge back but item was send and delivered .First time shitpal cover charge back for me but after two weeks claim (case) was open again and im lost my money and item.Second example :In one day they just froze for 6 month my acc because suspicious activity (3000$) .Ater that return money and close my account because they dont want to have bussines with me.Right now i have another acc make for llc.So far so good.

And about dwolla be sure what is not affect you  Wiki-"After irregularities were reported[1], some exchanges dropped Dwolla. Dwolla's terms of service change in May, 2012 affected its use with Bitcoin. "
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Wonder if you could integrate with Bitinstant for ShitPal transfers? They do it as of this evening, for a 6% (!) fee.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Ok folks, so I'm going to give the short version for the moment on the Paypal situation:

Paypal can go eat a bag of dicks.  The end.

Slightly longer version:

Paypal has unilaterally locked not only my EMC pool account, but my personal account as well, even though it was unassociated with the pool account.  Fortuntately, my distrust of Paypal is fairly extreme, so I kept the balance in the pool account as limited as possible... but they have frozen over $700 of my Paypal funds.  I am covering that loss out of pocket, however, going forward Paypal can bite my lily white ass.  The pool account has done nothing but pay people money (and earn Paypal tons of bucks in fees) and thus incurred exactly ZERO risk to Paypal.  They will not even tell me why the accounts have been terminated.  Of course, we all know it's because it's associated with Bitcoin.

I was given no warning, allowed no way to dispute this or even explain what was going on.  I tried in vain to get PP to understand exactly what they did NOT understand, but of course, if you've ever dealt with them, you know they are physically incapable of admitting they are wrong.  The funds in my account are frozen in case of "charge backs."  How the hell anyone would manage a charge back is beyond me, since nothing has ever gone INTO the account, only payments made out of the account... of course this falls on deaf ears.  Paypal, predictably, had no answer to my query as to how there could be charge backs to payment account. At this point, they are illegally holding my funds.  I'm beyond pissed.  If they wanted to terminate the business relationship, fine... notify me and we can part ways. But to just freeze the account without warning or recourse is unacceptable.

As such, it's unlikely we'll be using Paypal in the future.

The good news is, I have been working on alternate payment methods prior to this happening, and this has just caused me to accelerate the process.

As soon as I can fund a new Dwolla account, I will enable USD payments through Dwolla.

I will also be enabling Skrill (MoneyBookers) as soon as I can get their API to behave as well.  This will allow me to pay in other currencies than USD.

Starting tomorrow, the Paypal Address field will be replaced with a Dwolla ID field, and references to Paypal will basically be replaced with Dwolla.  I am going to shut off all automatic payments to Paypal accounts (They won't post anyway) and you will have to re-enable auto payments to Dwolla if that's what you choose to use.  I will work my ass off to get Moneybookers/Skrill setup as well.

I am waiting for the new Dwolla account to verify and then I have to transfer funds into the account.  That is going to take several days, unless there is someone who wants to sell me around 100 BTC worth of Dwolla funds?  I can probably enable the payments faster and that should tide the account over until I can start up a proper payment plan.

I apologize for the abruptness of this, but it was a shock to me this morning as well and I have been beating my head against the Paypal wall all day.  So a big old F*CK you to Paypal, once again.  I find it ironic and almost funny that they are literally the instruments of their own destruction.  They canceled my 11 year old Paypal account that was a major source of revenue, and also canceled the pool account which was nothing but a money maker for them with exactly zero risk.  They are, quite literally, doing everything they can to drive customers away and force them to look to their competitors.  I'm not sure how they could destroy their business any more efficiently, other than increasing volume. 

I'd also like to give a special middle finger to Gavin, a supervisor at Paypal for being such an asshole to me on the phone.  Gavin is an incredibly poor customer service rep, and a supervisor no less.  What a pathetic waste of human flesh.

I'll be happy to answer any questions or take any suggestions.

BTC/NMC payouts should be processed as normal, if you want to wait for Dwolla, you can retain your balance as BTC until I get the Dwolla stuff finalized and then take a payout from Dwolla.  I will be removing the USD payout fees during the transition period, so your USD cashouts will be free for the time being.
legendary
Still working on the Paypal issue.  I should have further information later this evening CST.
legendary
Paypal payments are temporarily suspended while I work on a couple issues.  No paypal payments will be processed in the interim.  I will update when I have some more information.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
here in germany everything is ok Smiley
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Having connection issues with both the site and pool, at the moment.

edit: seems to be working..
Activity: 700
You are correct, excuse me. The round started almost four hours ago.
Anyway, thanks for the prompt fix.

Have a nice day.
legendary
Well, what is your current hashrate?  You have 7424 on one worker and 2092 on another worker for this round.
Working!

Suddenly I see I sent 9700 shares so far. Is this a normal figure for a single round? I don´t think i ever sent so many shares  Huh
legendary
Wow... that was a long standing bug you found.  It should be working now.  That bug has been around for a long time, but apparently went unnoticed because the field it was pulling from was synchronized with another field, so it "worked."  In your case, the field was not synchronized just out of pure random chance, so the bug showed up.  Crazy.  Smiley

Let me know if it's not working for you now.
legendary
Please PM me your pool name and I will investigate your account.  Are you sure you are using the correct worker name and password?  From the avatar you have, I'm guessing you are. Smiley 

Does the My Workers page show the correct information?
I am on DGM in fact.
I should say that I DID saw the Your Shares indicator working right before the electric grid crash when I was forced to stop mining.

Short history:

- I started mining at EMC with PPS just to make a comparison with the previous pool PPS I was in. I wasn´t paying attention to Your Shares indicator but I think it was working.

- Switched shortly after to DGM method and noticed the Your Shares indicator showing 0. It started to work after half a day or so, can´t say exactly.

- Crash came and stopped mining for aprox 12 hours.

- Started mining again and after aprox 18 hours Your Shares is still 0.
legendary
Try it now and see if they are showing up.  I'm going to assume you were set to PPS, since the Your Shares indicator was not including PPS shares in the count and I apologize for that.  I updated the code to include PPS shares.  I keep finding little things that don't count the PPS shares, it's proving to be a hunt and peck fix for that.

There's a couple other places not counting PPS shares in the total that I noticed while fixing it too, so I'm working on that as well.  Let me know if that does not solve the problem.
Hi

This Your Shares indicator from the pool´s main page when is supposed to kick in?
I had a 12 hours pause in mining (electric grid crash) and now I´m mining again (DGM @ 3.2GH), but after more than aprox 14 hours of mining Your Shares just sits there at 0.

I can see that I´m submitting shares (in My workers section) but I don´t get this Your Shares purpose.

Edit, found something:
As far as "Your shares" and My Workers.  My Workers includes stales and other shares that are not counted towards your total, whereas "Your shares" are the shares you are paid for.  Although there is a very slight time lag between the updating of Your Shares and My Workers, but it would only be relevant to someone with a really high hashrate.

So how slight this very slight delay should be?
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Make sure NMC mining is set to YES on the "Account" page. "NMC Auto Payout Type" is set to NMC.

ooh yeah, and merged mining doesn't work with pps.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
May be i missed something but merged mining not work.
legendary
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
No, all servers are currently pointing to the same server, so using different servers as backup won't help you at the moment.  This was done when we changed pool software, since the new software can handle the load much better.

Additional servers will deployed at some point in the near future, but the need hasn't put that at the front of the list at the moment.
Did you switch to ecoinpool or did you just create something that is more efficient?
legendary
No, all servers are currently pointing to the same server, so using different servers as backup won't help you at the moment.  This was done when we changed pool software, since the new software can handle the load much better.

Additional servers will deployed at some point in the near future, but the need hasn't put that at the front of the list at the moment.
Pages:
Jump to: