Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 103. (Read 499602 times)

donator
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
It seems like when I am mining with PPS, the graph that shows income per worker does not seem to work.
Is this intentional or a bug?
//DeaDTerra
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
get Microsoft Security Essentials. Works beautifully.
That and Malwarebytes. I keep telling people that. Both are free and work great together. If you also want a good Harddrive cleaner/wiper, get CCleaner. I forget what I used to use for rootkits, but I think it as called "gmer" or something.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Anyway, solution to avast! network shield blocking EMC - ditch avast, get Microsoft Security Essentials. Works beautifully.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Drive replaced, website back up... should be good to go.  Shares are being processed through to the website stats as we speak.
legendary
Well, with good thoughts and wishes? Smiley

On another note, I will be bringing the web server down for a little while in about an hour.  I need to replace a failed drive - the pool server will remain running, so no action needs to be taken, just the website will be inaccessible for up to 30 minutes.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
If anyone ever wonders, 5% does not offer a profit - in fact, I am in the hole about 40 BTC so far on PPS at 5%.  I'm sure it will even out over time, but it's a long ass time. Smiley
Geez, between that and MtGox screwing you over, how are you staying afloat?
legendary
If anyone ever wonders, 5% does not offer a profit - in fact, I am in the hole about 40 BTC so far on PPS at 5%.  I'm sure it will even out over time, but it's a long ass time. Smiley

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
from my knowledge fee for PPS is at 5% ? So it is like all the other pools.

legendary
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.
What is the fee for PPS? Do we get to set it ourselves? If you set the fee, is it already included in the price-per-share number? Is there merged mining with PPS? (And no, I did not search this thread for the information.) Thanks.
legendary
I have made a slight change to the Paypal payout method.

Because of the high fees associated with Paypal payouts, I have instituted a $1 minimum payout.  Now, this does not mean YOUR payout needs to be at least $1 USD, it just means ALL payouts for that run need to add up to at least $1.  So those of you still doing .02 payouts can still do them, you'll just have to wait until enough have accumulated and/or you can piggyback on a larger payout.  Looking at historical records, this usually won't take more than an hour under all but the most unusual conditions. 

I apologize if this inconveniences anyone, but with the smaller payouts, I am taking a 10% fee loss (so I'm losing 6% for every payment) which is not sustainable.

For most people, this change will not affect you.  For the few that it does, the only change is that your payments may not be quite as "instant" as they were before.
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
Glad to hear it's all sorted out.
legendary
My Workers page should now accurately reflect the amount of PPS shares you submitted vs the DGM shares.  If your miner is set to PPS, it will indicate PPS shares, if it's set to DGM, it will indicate DGM shares. 

The exception is the "Reset" column, which will increment regardless of worker type.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Thanks for the in-depth update.
legendary
Between Dave and a couple other people, I was able to finally track down the bug that was causing it to appear that people were receiving 10% less (roughly) per block in payment than they should when measured against proportional.

It turns out the PPS shares were not being counted towards the block totals, and since PPS makes up roughly 10% of the hashrate, total block shares were being under-reported by that amount.  

I've changed the code going forward to account for the PPS shares and retroactively re-calculated all the blocks from block 1001 to current to report the correct number of shares (I knew there was a reason I store all that extra data about users and blocks!).  So block stats should now be accurate, but this has the unfortunate side effect of making the luck factor drop by about 3% Sad  

Things make a lot more sense now, as to our luck factor and why blocks seemed to be taking longer than they should, given the amount of shares vs. hashrate.  Missing 10% of your hashrate and shares in the calculation is not an insignificant amount.  

Anyway, the bottom line is, stats should be correct.  No one was underpaid, as the share calculations were taken off the actual share submitted tables and the block totals were taken from a different table (old table), but are now taken from the same table as share calculations.  Basically, it was purely a display bug and did not affect any balances or important calculations.
legendary
The SMS Gateway is having issues, which is beyond my control.  So SMS messages are being delayed or getting completely lost best I can tell.  I will continue to follow up with the gateway provider, but my hands are somewhat tied at the moment. 
hm seems to be some connection hiccups that i have on both servers? Nothing to bad so don't worry Smiley

This could just be my setup. That thing might need a restart (mac mini + parallels + win7: and many updates to go ) or my crappy internet connection thats failing from now to then..... Tongue
legendary
No, everything seems fine.  What problems are you having?
something's wrong with  us and eu servers?

Had some connection issues but I'm still mining over us1 (backup server)
legendary
Ah.. yeah looks like I broke it adding the PPS stuff in there.

I'll have it fixed shortly... yes everything is indeed being doubled.
Jump to: