Pages:
Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 19. (Read 499491 times)

legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
what is with EMC?
since I tried the newest FW for Avalon I get on
http://us2.eclipsemc.com:8337
Code:
Accepted   Rejected
   0           ~2000
Huh
other pools are ok..

Activity: 237
Merit: 100
Thanks. But still I want to see a chart of EMC which shows since the beginning of their mining a comparison between PPS and EMC. The only charts I can find are some historical charts of shares per block with an average Luck calculated. It would be nice to see which system till now (since the beginning of EMC) has the benefit... I know this is variable, but in the long run PPS and DGM must be equal. I think its hard to calculate because the Difficulty is rising and in a bad luck month for DGM this is a real forever loss, because in a lucky period the Difficulty is much higher and the payout less.
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
Congratulations to all the PPS miners at this moment. Is there any historical chart which shows DGM on EMC is eventually equal to PPS? Thank you

PPM has a mandatory 5% fee AFAIK, so in the long run DGM is expected to have a better return (assuming your donation amount is <5%).
Activity: 237
Congratulations to all the PPS miners at this moment. Is there any historical chart which shows DGM on EMC is eventually equal to PPS? Thank you
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
US1 is offline, 2 and 3 are still up.  I'm working on the US1 issue.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
agreed us1 server appears to still be down although the others are working. 
Activity: 266
yeah mine didn't switch over either, i thought my gpu was dead for a minute or two since the web interface is still showing US1 as up, but theres a big increase in traffic on us2
legendary
Activity: 916
Merit: 1003
I saw that us1 was down too.  I have us2 as a backup on cgminer 3.2.1 but it didn't switch over.  I restarted and it picked us2 correctly still it's kinda annoying it didn't autoswitch.
Activity: 566
Merit: 500
I think US1 is down... Sad

You'd think by know I would know enough to setup a backup pool.... ungh...
legendary
Well hurry up!  I could use some!
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
Somebody has to bring back the luck !  Roll Eyes
legendary
It's normal variance.  You want to look at it over the long term.  If you look at the last 50 blocks, we are doing better than the average, at 54.7%. 

Activity: 26
Ouch, I believe that is twice in the past week EMC round durations have gone over 1 day. 
Although they did have a run with higher than average earnings right before.

Is this an inherent challenge with smaller pools?  How should I look at this objectively? 

Active Miners    Round Duration    Round Shares    Your Shares    Current Speed    US1    US2    US3                                                    Est. Reward    BTC Earned
2036                    1d 01:30:23    22839171             xxxx                     2.84 TH/s            1205.52 GH/s    1154.73 GH/s    490.66 GH/s    xxx                    0 / 24 hours
legendary
1) I've logged off and on quite a few times using the Yubikey.  A few of those times I get an error message: "OTP REPLAY ERROR", and need to try again.  Normally the next try it works fine.  Is this a timing issue?

I means you're trying to send the same code you've already sent or one in the chain that is before the latest one you've used. Any time a code is used all previous codes are invalidated, regardless of whether or not they've been used.

2) I'd assume based on the above message that EMC DOES validate the OTP and not just look for the correct public key portion of the OPT field (I've read that Blockchain.info only validates the public key portion - BAD).  Is this correct?

Yes, it validates the entire OTP, not just the first few bytes.

3) I haven't tried, but EMC documentation says I can't ever remove this Yubikey setting? Is that correct?

You should be able to remove it by switching your 2FA to GA or None.

4) On the GoogleAuth counter based setting, I want to know how this works.  If the account is set for that, does the EMC page give the user a "starting counter" which then is continuously incremented by 1 on each login attempt?  Sounds like no software is needed then.  If an error occurs (bad # for example) how would the user reset the counter?

As above, the OTP is deterministic.  As long as you have the starting seed, you can compute all keys to infinity.  However, once a key is used along that line to infinity, all previous codes that come before it are invalid.  All future codes are still valid until one is used, then all codes before it are rendered invalid. 

Activity: 39

Yubikey is working for me... is anyone else having troubles?  Are you sure you're clicking save?

As for counter based, I dislike the time based.  With a counter based one, you can copy down several numbers and keep them with you, so you don't need a phone or what have you available.  You can easily invalidate them by just advancing the counter 1 spot then as well.

The time based has only become a standard people people don't seem to understand the limitations of TOTP and how annoying it really is.  Especially if there's network lag, clock skew or improper implementation.

Thanks for the quick response.  My mistake - I had been on blockchain.info for a while and on their account security settings page, there isn't any "save changes" (which I think there should always be).  So when I went to the EMC account security page, I failed to use the "save changes" button.  So I've corrected that, and have a few questions.

1) I've logged off and on quite a few times using the Yubikey.  A few of those times I get an error message: "OTP REPLAY ERROR", and need to try again.  Normally the next try it works fine.  Is this a timing issue?

2) I'd assume based on the above message that EMC DOES validate the OTP and not just look for the correct public key portion of the OPT field (I've read that Blockchain.info only validates the public key portion - BAD).  Is this correct?

3) I haven't tried, but EMC documentation says I can't ever remove this Yubikey setting? Is that correct?

4) On the GoogleAuth counter based setting, I want to know how this works.  If the account is set for that, does the EMC page give the user a "starting counter" which then is continuously incremented by 1 on each login attempt?  Sounds like no software is needed then.  If an error occurs (bad # for example) how would the user reset the counter?

Thanks much - hopefully these answers will also be helpful to other newbies.
legendary
Question on 2-factor authentication.

Just purchased a Yubikey.  Tried (several times) to add to my account - but setting is ignored and no 2FA authentication is needed on login. Feature seems to be disabled?

Also tried the Google Authenticator setup.  This implementation uses a counter rather than a time-based OTP.  I run 2 versions of Google Auth on my PC desktop and neither has this option.  The time-based feature seems to be the standard and works fine for me on several other BTC sites.  Why this counter-based version that I can't use?

Thanks.

Yubikey is working for me... is anyone else having troubles?  Are you sure you're clicking save?

As for counter based, I dislike the time based.  With a counter based one, you can copy down several numbers and keep them with you, so you don't need a phone or what have you available.  You can easily invalidate them by just advancing the counter 1 spot then as well.

The time based has only become a standard people people don't seem to understand the limitations of TOTP and how annoying it really is.  Especially if there's network lag, clock skew or improper implementation.
Activity: 39
Question on 2-factor authentication.

Just purchased a Yubikey.  Tried (several times) to add to my account - but setting is ignored and no 2FA authentication is needed on login. Feature seems to be disabled?

Also tried the Google Authenticator setup.  This implementation uses a counter rather than a time-based OTP.  I run 2 versions of Google Auth on my PC desktop and neither has this option.  The time-based feature seems to be the standard and works fine for me on several other BTC sites.  Why this counter-based version that I can't use?

Thanks.

Activity: 141
ZOHEM | DECENTRALISED USER BEHAVIOUR DATA PROTOCOL
That's really weird.  I wonder if the local Cloudflare node you are connected to is having problems?

Is anyone else having an issue?

I am getting this:

No cached version is available
What's wrong?
The most likely causes:
The server is down for maintenance
There may be a network problem
The site may be experiencing excessive load
Retry for a live version of the site
What's CloudFlare?
This website uses CloudFlare in order to help keep it online when the server is down by serving cached copies of pages when they are unavailable. Unfortunately, a cached copy of the page you requested is not available, but you may be able to reach other cached pages on the site.
Activity: 462
That's really weird.  I wonder if the local Cloudflare node you are connected to is having problems?

Its autosolved itself. I just checked again and it works now.

Weird.
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: