Pages:
Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 76. (Read 499602 times)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10
I can connect to the website just fine, but the pool is down for me.  CGMiner cannot connect to any US servers.
Activity: 628
Merit: 504
Any idea when this is going to be fixed?

Either on 24th August - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1119855 or when Inaba also introduces fees, or when he upgrades the servers, or a combination of those.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Look ARROUND!
When I used to get SMS alerts, it would frequently split the SMS into 2 messages. If you're thinking of charging credits that's fine and I'm in, but can you somehow reduce the message to be less than 160 chars?  Thanks!
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Marketplace for sensor data
Any idea when this is going to be fixed?
donator
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
When trying to log on the site I get a white page with this text:

Could not connect: Too many connections

edit: yeah, forgot to mention that miners seem to work fine.

same here
Activity: 406
LTC
yeah, same. the miner, however, seems to work.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
When trying to log on the site I get a white page with this text:

Could not connect: Too many connections

edit: yeah, forgot to mention that miners seem to work fine.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Is anyone else seeing high reject rates? 

With regards to the SMS credits, I'm going to try to add some email gateways for SMS that can be used in lieu of the sms credits.  But in the meantime, if your provider has a gateway (a lot of providers do), you can set your email address as your SMS gateway and have the system email to you that way.
Activity: 476
High reject rates.

I turned off us2 when its reject rate hit 5%.

Just turned off us1 when its reject rate drifted over 1%.

Currently splitting between us3 and another pool.

I'm used to seeing reject rates around 0.3%.

Maybe my hashes/sec are just too slow to play with the big boys on EMC.

--

I also locally show more accepted shares submitted to us2 than the web site shows for that worker.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Just a hint:  delete the "paypal payout" in the threads title Smiley
Any way those stats can show on the block stats page and also the my workers page?
Sounds to me like you're asking for a lot there fella.

However, top post on the page where you posted:
"... the server loads displayed.
I will be rolling that out to the rest of the pages as soon as I get a chance."

Cheesy
Activity: 271
Inaba, nice touch showing the GH/s for the US1,2,3 servers. ty

Allows us to do a little user driven load balancing by knowing that.

I'm sending my dinky MH/s split/failover to US1 and US2 atm.

Any way those stats can show on the block stats page and also the my workers page?
Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
I am not sure if this is an option but other pools that do SMS require some % donation to allow the SMS messages to be free. I understand you not wanting to pay it out of your pocket. I am tempted to use the credits I paid but no more as unless the pool hashrate drops it will eat a lot of my earnings. I hadn't realized how low my pay per block dropped until after I purchased some credits. The numbers where worse then the last SMS I recieved. As is I would pay more then 10% of my earnings to get to read my hashrate for the block (really like that stat), Shares, totals and what I made off of it. I really liked the feature. For 10% of my earnings I really don't like it that much. Assuming this is what you paid for the messages I can see why you don't want to keep paying.
I am not unhappy that the pool has grown. It is a great pool.
Thanks for the hard work.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
It should be sending them. I am going to be rewriting the alert system from scratch shortly.

Some of you will have noticed a new option "SMS Credits."  I'm afraid that my SMS provider has raised prices and I can no longer afford to subsidize the SMS messages, and the SMS traffic is through the roof for the month of August (up 500%) not sure why exactly as of yet.  But in any case, I've instituted the credit system.  

You can purchase 100, 500 or 1000 SMS credits.  1 credit = 1 SMS message... I hope this will cut down on people using SMS wantonly... I know a good number of people have SMS set and then block/trash the SMS upon receipt without reading it, which is fine... but with the volume that is going out now, I can't afford to continue to pay for it 100% out of my pocket.  SMSs are very cheap, around .002 BTC (Yes 1/500th of a BTC), so it's not going to break anyones pocket books or anything, I hope.

The credit system isn't live yet, although you can purchase credits now.  I will be re-enabling the SMS messages tomorrow, after I've had more time to go over the code.  But as I said, I plan on rewriting everything from scratch soon, but I think I have everything covered now.  I have to contact my SMS provider to allow the messages to go out again, which won't happen until tomorrow, so SMSs are still down until then.

I'll be happy to answer any questions.  

PS -

You may also notice the new My Account page header, with the new Quick Stats box and the server loads displayed. I will be rolling that out to the rest of the pages as soon as I get a chance.
Inaba, nice touch showing the GH/s for the US1,2,3 servers. ty

Allows us to do a little user driven load balancing by knowing that.

I'm sending my dinky MH/s split/failover to US1 and US2 atm.
Activity: 344
I did not receive an email for an auto-payout event today.

Perhaps related to the known/ongoing SMS problem?

I've been mining on EMC for awhile now, and I get emails when a block is solved, but I've never gotten an email after payouts, either automatic or manual (even though it's set to send them).  I just figured it was broken, but maybe there's more to it.
Hmm.. on first glance yes, I bullet point two looks like a shot at me.  I'd like to give Graet the benefit of the doubt though, he is a good guy.  

I'll update the speed here after this post.

Proxy pools are not a concern to EMC, we can handle the load and I will deploy a dedicated server to a large proxy pool if they want, I have no problem with that if it ever becomes an issue.  Maybe I should contact them in advance anyway, let me give that some thought.

But I do want to point out one of the reasons I can offer a zero fee pool is that I don't have to pay others for their time, so EMC can remain free. So yeah, there is 24/7 support with more than one person, but people will only work for free for so long I imagine.  Not the case here at the moment.  

As for the SMS messages - yeah they are broken at the moment.  I am working with my SMS provider to get it working again, not sure why they haven't gotten back to me yet.  I have a couple other solutions up my sleeve, some of them not quite as happy as I would like, but we'll see what happens.  I should have something back up and running soon.
shot at no-one in particular, just stating a fact, most pools rely on one person.
I'm sure Inaba has stuff in place so his pool could continue in the case of an unscheduled prolonged absence by the operator, I am equally sure not all pools do Smiley
listing features of my pool in its thread should not be taken as an attack on any other pool or operator, thanks for taking the time to read though Smiley
Graet

Attack was never a thought. Recently been mining on ozcoin so I had been observing both and comparing. Seeing similarities as well as differences. Of course the hashrates being so close along with DGM/PPS automatically sets them in a group of their own. So this made it very easy for me to think of Inaba when reading your post. Hope no offence was taken as none was meant.
I did not receive an email for an auto-payout event today.

Perhaps related to the known/ongoing SMS problem?
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
Hmm.. on first glance yes, I bullet point two looks like a shot at me.  I'd like to give Graet the benefit of the doubt though, he is a good guy.  

I'll update the speed here after this post.

Proxy pools are not a concern to EMC, we can handle the load and I will deploy a dedicated server to a large proxy pool if they want, I have no problem with that if it ever becomes an issue.  Maybe I should contact them in advance anyway, let me give that some thought.

But I do want to point out one of the reasons I can offer a zero fee pool is that I don't have to pay others for their time, so EMC can remain free. So yeah, there is 24/7 support with more than one person, but people will only work for free for so long I imagine.  Not the case here at the moment.  

As for the SMS messages - yeah they are broken at the moment.  I am working with my SMS provider to get it working again, not sure why they haven't gotten back to me yet.  I have a couple other solutions up my sleeve, some of them not quite as happy as I would like, but we'll see what happens.  I should have something back up and running soon.
shot at no-one in particular, just stating a fact, most pools rely on one person.
I'm sure Inaba has stuff in place so his pool could continue in the case of an unscheduled prolonged absence by the operator, I am equally sure not all pools do Smiley
listing features of my pool in its thread should not be taken as an attack on any other pool or operator, thanks for taking the time to read though Smiley
Graet
To be honest, even if three individuals were online operating that pool all at the same time, miners still couldn't get the service/offerings/assistance/transparency that a single operator makes possible at EMC.

Not to mention he is also an employee of the industries most controversial technology leader. Who is attempting to breakout with products that offer unbelievable speeds at unimaginable prices.
Pages:
Jump to: