Pages:
Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 77. (Read 499602 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Hmm.. on first glance yes, I bullet point two looks like a shot at me.  I'd like to give Graet the benefit of the doubt though, he is a good guy.  

I'll update the speed here after this post.

Proxy pools are not a concern to EMC, we can handle the load and I will deploy a dedicated server to a large proxy pool if they want, I have no problem with that if it ever becomes an issue.  Maybe I should contact them in advance anyway, let me give that some thought.

But I do want to point out one of the reasons I can offer a zero fee pool is that I don't have to pay others for their time, so EMC can remain free. So yeah, there is 24/7 support with more than one person, but people will only work for free for so long I imagine.  Not the case here at the moment.  

As for the SMS messages - yeah they are broken at the moment.  I am working with my SMS provider to get it working again, not sure why they haven't gotten back to me yet.  I have a couple other solutions up my sleeve, some of them not quite as happy as I would like, but we'll see what happens.  I should have something back up and running soon.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Look ARROUND!
Can you look into the SMS notifications?  they haven't been working for over a day now Sad
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
Every GPU has it's own miner instance, I don't see how different hash-rate would be affected so differently by 10diff shares.

Most miners are thus between 250/700 mhs (5770 to 7970)
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
Wat shall the subject topic be updated to with the increase in speed?

That other pool has updated its speed. Felt this was a shot at you

- Pool does not rely on an individual, in case of accident/illness/other mishap there will always be competent people with sufficient access to continue the running of the pool.

Are the proxy pools mentioned a concern and more or less the reason for needing the difficulty 10 shares?

Edited cause I felt like it...
Activity: 476
Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.
At what sort of hashrate do you think Diff10 becomes useful.
As someone is does around 1.4-1.6Gh/s I'm not sure I quiet fill that yet? or do I?
legendary
My intention is to have a dynamic difficulty, so no matter what speed you are at, you can get the difficulty that best suits your speed.  Once the DGM math is worked out, the system is ready to go for it... hopefully Meni can shed some light on why DGM is not behaving properly when faced with p = d/D instead of p = 1/D  .

To be more specific, p = (1 / D) * 10 != equivalent to p = 10 / D after running through the DGM score formula.  While the values may differ slightly, over time, the values for 10/D creep so high that the payout become affected dramatically.  For example, if I left a mini-rig running on 10diff, my payout increases far beyond what it should be.  This is, of course, a very bad thing.  However, if everyone is running 10diff, then the problem goes away, so it's not a fundamental problem with the DGM code, but something to do with mixing the share difficulties.

Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Now let me ask this:

What do you guys think about doing away with difficulty 1 shares entirely and moving to difficulty 10 across the board?  How many people would that impact ultimately?

~2.1GH/s on GPU's. Would probably get affected.
donator
Activity: 448
It should be an option.
I'd understand if you went diff10 almost exclusively once ASIC units start mining, though.

Yes, and as I understand it, that's why Inaba has a diff10 IP and the other addresses mining at diff1.
Apart from some intricacies with payout, this seems a workable solution to me.

Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.
It should be an option.
I'd understand if you went diff10 almost exclusively once ASIC units start mining, though.
I'm ok with diff10.
I'm not.

You might want to do a histogram of "> 10 GH/s", "1 to 10 GH/s", "< 1 GH/s" of your users and see how that falls out.

I am, of course, prepared to be left in the dust as a "< 1 GH/s" guy. Just give me a heads up please.
donator
Activity: 448
Now let me ask this:

What do you guys think about doing away with difficulty 1 shares entirely and moving to difficulty 10 across the board?  How many people would that impact ultimately?

I'm ok with diff10. What happened to your plans to have a diff10 server alongside with diff1?
legendary
Activity: 916
Merit: 1003
Hey Inaba for some reason the charts on the web site don't appear when using Chrome.  I verified they work under Firefox and IE.
Activity: 628
Merit: 504
What do you guys think about doing away with difficulty 1 shares entirely and moving to difficulty 10 across the board?  How many people would that impact ultimately?

People smarter than me said diff 5 shares would be good for mini rigs. I would help test if you get this setup. Maybe a server at http://diff-5.eclipsemc.com:8332 ?

Even better, can that server hand out whatever difficulty share you request in the sub domain or in a url parameter?
I will be looking forward to test that option as well Smiley
legendary
I've got the server load bit done, but I need to make some changes to the header templates so that it displays properly.  Should have it up and running tomorrow.  US1 is the place to be at the moment Smiley
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Welcome to all OzCoin miners. Your hard work is much appreciated to get those crappy luck blocks done faster.  Cheesy
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
I can't use any diff until I get the DGM problem figured out, as mixing the diffs on the live server causes problems.  I would have to switch the whole pool to diff 5 in one go.  If I can't get it figured out in the next few days, I may look into that option.

Would it be easier to run pplns with different difficulty shares? Or is this a problem for Meni?
legendary
I can't use any diff until I get the DGM problem figured out, as mixing the diffs on the live server causes problems.  I would have to switch the whole pool to diff 5 in one go.  If I can't get it figured out in the next few days, I may look into that option.
vip
Dynamic difficulty is on the block, but I wanted to get static difficulty working with DGM before I introduced a sliding scale for people.

Diff 5 then?
legendary
Dynamic difficulty is on the block, but I wanted to get static difficulty working with DGM before I introduced a sliding scale for people.
vip

People smarter than me said diff 5 shares would be good for mini rigs. I would help test if you get this setup. Maybe a server at http://diff-5.eclipsemc.com:8332 ?

Even better, can that server hand out whatever difficulty share you request in the sub domain or in a url parameter?
Pages:
Jump to: