Pages:
Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 73. (Read 499602 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
If anyone wants to play around with 10Diff shares:  diff10.eclipsemc.com port 8337

Give it a shot and see if anything breaks!

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
FYI, opendns.com still has eclipsemc.com listed as a botnet.
I use OpenDNS and have not had any issues.
Activity: 406
LTC
I'm not sure what you mean?  What GUI wasn't working?

The web front-end wasnt displaying hashrate "realtime".
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
Switched to US3 and am down to <0.5% rejected, so evidently my system doesn't like the path to US2 but does like the path to US3. Admittedly that was only about a 3 hour test. I'll know better tomorrow morning.

Thralen
legendary
I'm not sure what you mean?  What GUI wasn't working?
Activity: 406
LTC
I hopped, I did need to check my hashrate since I am constantly adding new miners to my array and GUI wasnt working. But I'll be back Smiley
legendary
How do you check that on opendns?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
FYI, opendns.com still has eclipsemc.com listed as a botnet.
legendary
US2 isn't loaded too heavily.  But maybe try one of the other servers and see if that changes things?
legendary
Activity: 916
Merit: 1003
I run on us2 and my reject rate is always < 1%.  For instance today it's 0.2%
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
While I am not the individual that brought up the rejects questions to you I have a similar (although not as dramatic) issue. I run about 1.5% rejects on EMC (server US2, I discount my slowest card which is just there because it still can be, that one is much worse), while on Slush's (an overseas server) I run about .9% and on deepbit I run about .4%

Pings to US2 server range from 57ms to 69ms, while the tracert takes 19 hops. None of which seem exorbitantly long. Let me know if more data from someone else with a similar problem to the other posters would help and I can send you a copy of the tracert or other data as necessary.

Thralen

legendary
With regards to the rejects, I just ran a test over night on the test server with a reject rate of .05% (not a typo).  Can you post or send me a PM of a traceroute from you to the server. 

Which server did you try your test on?  US1, 2 or 3?
legendary
I'm not sure Askit.  I still have some work to do on error checking on that front, but I credited your account, see if there are any problems going forward?
Activity: 476
Just completed more duration tests.

Over the same period, that is over the last few days, with first test got 8000 shares with one reject and 14,000 shares with zero rejects at another pool. At EMC, with a few test runs consistently got at least 0.5% to 1+% rejects with one test run of a few hundred shares exceeding 5% rejects.

Conjectures:
1) The new hardware coming online at EMC within a few days will improve things
2) The change to diff 2 at EMC will improve things
3) There are just so many big/'fast' miners at EMC that I would forever lose out due to rejections of late/duplicates at EMC.

Making no judgements. Merely my observations.
Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
I think there is a proble with the SMS credits.
I paid for 100, received 26 SMSes, and have 68 credits left. By my math either I should have 74 credits left, or 6 SMSes didn't get to me.

Is it possible that 25% didn't make it to me?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Are you mining PPS or DGM, NorCal? 

On another note, I think I finally beat the DGM bug into submission... I am running an isolated test server with a couple million shares over night to see what happens and if the numbers jive.  If they do, we are on our way! Smiley

I am pleased.

For now, PPS. I've been on a PPS system since I've started mining in general. Haven't made the plunge to try DGM yet.

My mhash per worker on PPS is yo-yo-ing all over the place. I'm just chalking it up to your recent work with pool improvements, hopefully.
legendary
Are you mining PPS or DGM, NorCal? 

On another note, I think I finally beat the DGM bug into submission... I am running an isolated test server with a couple million shares over night to see what happens and if the numbers jive.  If they do, we are on our way! Smiley

I am pleased.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Dunno about the rest of you guys, but I just checked my EMC account and it looks like I got at least some credit for the shares I've been putting in. My confirmed BTC seems a little low for the time I've been on EMC, but it does look like things are getting reconciled.  Grin  Estimated reward still shows 0 though. We'll see what happens in the next day or so!
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Just came over to take a look at EMC, And i can wholeheartedly say,
I AM STAYING!
legendary
Not off hand, but I should have the hardware in one of the new DCs tomorrow and I'll try to get it setup by Friday at the latest.  That might solve the issue.
Pages:
Jump to: