Pages:
Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 71. (Read 499602 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
I understand.... Thanks
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.
I have a question....: I am used to a PPS pool..... I switched over here and am doing DGM...... it seems like I am mining about 50% of what I would normally mine...

Can someone explain this to me...... When I go to workers page it says I should get around 1.5btc per 24hrs... I am getting something like .64

Well as you know PPS is paid a flat rate for every share you submit. Simple and consistant payouts, if your pool is lucky or unlucky it doesn't effect you.

DGM keeps a tally of your shares for the block you are contributing to, it then pays out the % you contributed to how much the block was worth.
So if you managed to do 1% of the hashing for that block, you would get paid about 0.5 btc. It works out well if your pool regularly goes through a lot of blocks far above it's expected number it had accounted for for the pools total hashing power.
Ie. if we are lucky you get paid very well via DGM, if not you get paid a lot less. It's the gamblers choice.
It does usually average out over a long period of time. Change between the two can be a double edge sword.
We've had a fair amount bad luck in the past 24 hours and it's been average at best the past week.

The workers page estimates work off the PPS rate since that is relatively easy to give an estimate and thus predict since it's a flat rate number.
hmmm well.. what a shitty start......
Activity: 272
Cryptopreneur
Luck has been brutal the last few blocks. Plus the pool is on and off.
I have a question....: I am used to a PPS pool..... I switched over here and am doing DGM...... it seems like I am mining about 50% of what I would normally mine...

Can someone explain this to me...... When I go to workers page it says I should get around 1.5btc per 24hrs... I am getting something like .64
It always takes forever at the end with all the TX's took over 2 days for me last time to complete....
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
I'm still working on the issue.  The !#@$@%#$%!%#@$ block chain is just fucking ridiculous.  Seriously.  I had forgotten what a joke it is.

There is no possible way bitcoin will ever take off in the mainstream simply due to the blockchain being completely, utterly and unequivocally unmanageable.  I even downloaded a pre-built block chain and it still takes hours upon hours on an 8 core system to catch the block chain up to the current state.  Seriously.  It's ridiculous.

In any case, things are almost done.  Because the other servers are so flaky, I am just going to do a hot swap of the IP addresses and miners should start repointing.  I will take US2 and US3 offline and repoint their hostnames to the new IPs.  If you stop getting work from US2 or US3, flush your DNS cache and try again.  Alternately, your systems should fail over gracefully after the DNS entry expires and your system picks up the new ones.

So I'm just curious, how does the blockchain get distributed? Is it shared like in torrent?
sort of, yeah.  the client defaults to 8 outbound connections, if you don't allow inbound connections there's a possibility that you might connect to 8 ppl that throttle their upstream or dont have much to begin with. 

but in most cases you'll be spending 98% of the time processing the blocks that you've already downloaded
legendary
Activity: 1260
Was not able to get the new server completely online tonight... it's 4:30 in the morning and I need to get some sleep.  I will continue working on it tomorrow. 

I did find a bit of a problem on the current servers that should make the connection more stable now, so they should be good to go until I can get back to configuring the new servers.
Activity: 628
Merit: 504
I'm still working on the issue.  The !#@$@%#$%!%#@$ block chain is just fucking ridiculous.  Seriously.  I had forgotten what a joke it is.

There is no possible way bitcoin will ever take off in the mainstream simply due to the blockchain being completely, utterly and unequivocally unmanageable.  I even downloaded a pre-built block chain and it still takes hours upon hours on an 8 core system to catch the block chain up to the current state.  Seriously.  It's ridiculous.

In any case, things are almost done.  Because the other servers are so flaky, I am just going to do a hot swap of the IP addresses and miners should start repointing.  I will take US2 and US3 offline and repoint their hostnames to the new IPs.  If you stop getting work from US2 or US3, flush your DNS cache and try again.  Alternately, your systems should fail over gracefully after the DNS entry expires and your system picks up the new ones.

So I'm just curious, how does the blockchain get distributed? Is it shared like in torrent?
Activity: 66
Merit: 10

This is the gods awful truth! In my recent block chain download it seemed to be tons of hard drive reads/writes that sucked away hours upon hours of my server's life!

Thanks for your perseverance, Inaba!
legendary

Activity: 294
Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.
US2 went offline for a while earlier, and now US1 has crapped out......

Is there a better server to use for a Canadian user?
Activity: 272
Cryptopreneur
Looks like the big boys had enough and we are back to the normal pool hashrate. By the way i'm still not receiving any email alerts. Have any idea what's going on?
legendary
Askit2 is correct.  If it wasn't issued from that server, it will reject the shares.
Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
Unless I misunderstand the errors I believe CGMiner will show a reject reason as unknown work for submitting work to a server that didn't assign it to you.
Activity: 294
Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.
With regards to 1diff and 10diff, no, only one server accepts one type of difficulty share, so you can't send a share from diff10.eclipsemc.com to us3.eclipsemc.com for example, it would just be rejected (and vice versa).

Could you please elaborate? My understanding is that the difficulty of the hash for a share has to be equal to or above the share difficulty set by the server, in order for it to be accepted. So couldn't someone just send the shares that they mine with a diff of 1–9.9999 to the diff1 pool, then send shares with a diff of 10+ to the diff10 pool? Wouldn't that enable someone to get more than 100% credit for their work?
legendary
I have a couple new servers installed, they are downloading the block chain now and I need to do some reconfiguring.  I should have them online tonight and I will repoint one of the servers (probably US3) to that server at that time.  I'll post when it's complete.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
FYI, here's a reply from opendns (had you listed as a botnet)

"The botnet tag has been removed from the 'eclipsemc.com' domain.  Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Vinny LaRiza
Community Moderator
OpenDNS"
When mining DGM will the payout portion turn green when you can get a payout without being penalized?
Pages:
Jump to: