Pages:
Author

Topic: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2) - page 58. (Read 146909 times)

Activity: 349
Merit: 250
In any case, BFL seem to be nearing the finish line, let's hope there aren't more surprises(bad surprises).  Of course, this could be repeated with the Rig Box and "Super Computer", but I think that the school of hard knocks has taught a lesson.
I doubt it.

The rig box "magically" has twice the power efficiency of the single (and despite being asked in this thread) BFL has provided no explanation.  I asked "is that power efficiency based on a working product or only on a simulation" without a response.
2500 / 32 = 78.125 W/upgrade slot.  This is consistent with the power reported for the POC single. The modules are not the same as the singles, and the rig box is supposed to have hardware unique to itself.

And I'm weary of this BFL bashing.  If you think there is something fishy going on, then by all means do not spend any money with BFL. Not revealing their IP does not mean they are scammers, only capitalists.

Let's see where we are in mid-January, better data, better conclusions.

Wow, how does that show efficiency genius?

Why i'm not surprised knowing you're a sheep listening to BFL's bullshiet.

I said nothing about efficiency,  read much?  Welcome to ignore.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
I just gotta leave this here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/t-52081

How come a guy who doubted 1GHs/20W was possible is listening(and believing) to rumours about 1GHs/10W??

Funny, indeed...
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
In any case, BFL seem to be nearing the finish line, let's hope there aren't more surprises(bad surprises).  Of course, this could be repeated with the Rig Box and "Super Computer", but I think that the school of hard knocks has taught a lesson.
I doubt it.

The rig box "magically" has twice the power efficiency of the single (and despite being asked in this thread) BFL has provided no explanation.  I asked "is that power efficiency based on a working product or only on a simulation" without a response.
2500 / 32 = 78.125 W/upgrade slot.  This is consistent with the power reported for the POC single. The modules are not the same as the singles, and the rig box is supposed to have hardware unique to itself.

And I'm weary of this BFL bashing.  If you think there is something fishy going on, then by all means do not spend any money with BFL. Not revealing their IP does not mean they are scammers, only capitalists.

Wow, how does that show efficiency genius?

Why i'm not surprised knowing you're a sheep listening to BFL's bullshiet.
Activity: 448

That's basically what I said in October...

If you grow weary of BFL bashing, perhaps you should stop reading this thread. They haven't really given anyone a reason to stop bashing them. Most of the wild allegations have been proven true.

Where exactly is that ASIC again?
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
2500 / 32 = 78.125 W/upgrade slot.  This is consistent with the power reported for the POC single. The modules are not the same as the singles, and the rig box is supposed to have hardware unique to itself.

I don't think you understand what power efficiency means.

Single:
800MH/80W = 10MH/W

RigBox:
50.4GH / 2500W = 20MH/W

For a company who's prior power estimate turned out to be based only on ISE simulation (and was off by 400%) I don't think calling a request for clarification on a 100% power efficiency improvement to be "bashing". 

And I'm weary of this BFL bashing.  If you think there is something fishy going on, then by all means do not spend any money with BFL. Not revealing their IP does not mean they are scammers, only capitalists.

An answer:
"yes this is based on a physical functioning product and we have verified it will get 50.4GH on 2500W or better" or "no this is based only on simulated data, the same flawed simulation which indicated 19.8W for the single" is hardly revealing IP.  It is a pretty basic question.
I doubt it.

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

I doubt it.

How many iphone releases have been delayed because they didn't work?
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/10/tech/mobile/iphone-4s-battery-fix/

I don't think the Apple releases were delayed, but maybe they should have.

In any case, BFL seem to be nearing the finish line, let's hope there aren't more surprises(bad surprises).  Of course, this could be repeated with the Rig Box and "Super Computer", but I think that the school of hard knocks has taught a lesson.
You guys didn't give BFL a chance.  From day one on the original thread you were accusing them of being scammers.
Because we didn't believe their claims. And we were right. There is no 1GH/s, 20w, $700, miner.
after taking 2 days to read all the threads....  give em a break that was before the POC.  now it is 800+ at 80w. still awesome! with a good chance at 60-70W with the better psu

No, POC is still 4-6 weeks from delivery...just like three months ago. I could get you some (READ: ONLY TWO UNITS HAVE BEEN PROVEN TO EXIST) friggin' FPGAs built if you gave me thousands of dollars and a few months, and I am borderline retarded when it comes to computers.
How many need to exist? My understanding is that first pre-orders should be delivered in mid-January.  I would rather have a late widget than no widget, or a widget that is in imminent danger of failure due to insufficient power handling/capacity.

Isn't the purpose of the prototype to shake out these types of design deficiencies?  I don't think it would make sense to fab 100 of these and then have 100 fail in customers' possession.  Sure the development process has revealed mistakes, but that is one of the characteristics of development by marketing amateurs.  

ftfy

How many iphone releases have been delayed because they didn't work?

And as far as how many should exist? At least one development board to serve as POC and measure exact speeds and power consumption, the only really relevant numbers in their whole game. That obviously didn't happen until pretty recently.
You guys didn't give BFL a chance.  From day one on the original thread you were accusing them of being scammers.
Because we didn't believe their claims. And we were right. There is no 1GH/s, 20w, $700, miner.
after taking 2 days to read all the threads....  give em a break that was before the POC.  now it is 800+ at 80w. still awesome! with a good chance at 60-70W with the better psu

No, POC is still 4-6 weeks from delivery...just like three months ago. I could get you some (READ: ONLY TWO UNITS HAVE BEEN PROVEN TO EXIST) friggin' FPGAs built if you gave me thousands of dollars and a few months, and I am borderline retarded when it comes to computers.
How many need to exist? My understanding is that first pre-orders should be delivered in mid-January.  I would rather have a late widget than no widget, or a widget that is in imminent danger of failure due to insufficient power handling/capacity.

Isn't the purpose of the prototype to shake out these types of design deficiencies?  I don't think it would make sense to fab 100 of these and then have 100 fail in customers' possession.  Sure the development process has revealed mistakes, but that is one of the characteristics of development.   
I am borderline retarded when it comes to computers.

That's because your fatness doesn't let you get closer to the computers...

Which is why I rest a trackball mouse and keyboard on my belly.
legendary
Activity: 1358
I am borderline retarded when it comes to computers.

That's because your fatness doesn't let you get closer to the computers...
You guys didn't give BFL a chance.  From day one on the original thread you were accusing them of being scammers.

after taking 2 days to read all the threads....  give em a break that was before the POC.  now it is 800+ at 80w. still awesome! with a good chance at 60-70W with the better psu

rjk
1ngldh
after taking 2 days to read all the threads.... 

Thank you for being one of the first to actually read before jumping in  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

From BFL that is. Maybe someone already is using the 28nm tech and getting those figures. We can never be sure.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Just for the sake of being one of those guys that doesn't make a habit of talking shit over the internet and would say much worse to someone's face......

I hope this product turns out to be the greatest piece of Bitcoin mining hardware available, making every finger-pointing cry-baby douche bag in this, as well as the previous thread look like a complete idiot......and are somehow denied the opportunity to ever purchase one....and contract either gonorrhoea or syphilis.

Best post in the thread...

I lol'ed
bitlane is right. trolls will always troll and haters will always hate. everyone should shut up until someone receives a working unit. the reality is that people can't think for themselves. like the product, then buy it. don't like it then don't buy it and then let them be. in every purchase there are some risks. i thought bitcoin users are a bit more thoughtful, but i was wrong.
BFL keep doing whatever you are doing there, but don't forget there are a lot of people that are waiting for the product to be shipped. i bet trolls will troll even after the product ships about the whatever-random-thing on the unit board.(maybe i want the PCB to be yellow)

+1

You guys didn't give BFL a chance.  From day one on the original thread you were accusing them of being scammers.  Either they are the most stubborn scammers in the world, or they have a real product.  That's why I sent them $617.  If I'm scammed, then kudos to BFL for your persistence.

Lol if you are giving out money for persistence than maybe I should pester you until you give me money.

Persistence in the face of adversity.  I'd just click ignore for you.  Also, screw you guys for luring me in to replying to this thread.  Is there a way to unsubscribe?
The siren song of the bitcoin mining hardware thread, who among us is strong enough to resist?
legendary
Activity: 1904
bitlane is right. trolls will always troll and haters will always hate. everyone should shut up until someone receives a working unit. the reality is that people can't think for themselves. like the product, then buy it. don't like it then don't buy it and then let them be. in every purchase there are some risks. i thought bitcoin users are a bit more thoughtful, but i was wrong.
BFL keep doing whatever you are doing there, but don't forget there are a lot of people that are waiting for the product to be shipped. i bet trolls will troll even after the product ships about the whatever-random-thing on the unit board.(maybe i want the PCB to be yellow)

+1

You guys didn't give BFL a chance.  From day one on the original thread you were accusing them of being scammers.  Either they are the most stubborn scammers in the world, or they have a real product.  That's why I sent them $617.  If I'm scammed, then kudos to BFL for your persistence.

Lol if you are giving out money for persistence than maybe I should pester you until you give me money.

Persistence in the face of adversity.  I'd just click ignore for you.  Also, screw you guys for luring me in to replying to this thread.  Is there a way to unsubscribe?
Pages:
Jump to: