Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 2138. (Read 902530 times)

legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1469
March 11, 2020, 10:23:56 PM
Very bad news, Jazz vs Thunder game postponed due to one player from Jazz is found positive for corona virus.

https://kfor.com/news/local/report-utah-jazz-player-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-after-thunder-jazz-game-postponed/

UPDATE: Stadium’s Shams Charania confirmed that Utah Jazz player Rudy Gobert has tested positive for coronavirus just an hour after the Oklahoma City Thunder game against the Jazz was postponed.

Yeah just saw it. Damn it and it happened to Rudy Gobert. I am shocked. He is such a great player and one of the key players in Jazz team. I wonder what goes from here on and how they deal with this and Jazz schedule this season.

Lebron can easily send the game to overtime not sure why he
chooses to pass the ball back to Davis and take the gamble to win or lose game.

It's part of the game. LeBron going himself was a bit harder IMO as Nets players almost approached him while Davis was not checked at that point, so he trusted Davis to go for the 3.

It was hard to see Lakers losing that one but let's leave it.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
Winding down.
March 11, 2020, 09:50:09 PM
Very bad news, Jazz vs Thunder game postponed due to one player from Jazz is found positive for corona virus.

https://kfor.com/news/local/report-utah-jazz-player-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-after-thunder-jazz-game-postponed/

UPDATE: Stadium’s Shams Charania confirmed that Utah Jazz player Rudy Gobert has tested positive for coronavirus just an hour after the Oklahoma City Thunder game against the Jazz was postponed.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
March 11, 2020, 07:39:44 PM

There is no way bucks wasn't maxing giannis anyway, I mean we are talking about the dude who is the last MVP and has a case for MVP this year as well. How the hell anyone would think that he wasn't getting a max? The trouble here is not that he wouldn't be maxed, the trouble was he might want to leave even with a max contract offer if he believed Bucks wasn't going anywhere with him on the roster and he wanted to chase a ring like Durant did it.
I don't think he will leave, as long as they still have a good chemistry within a team, he will stay for sure and enjoy his good salary.
He needs to improve as he can be shut down anytime if their opponent wishes to shut him down.

MVP's I remember that are looking for a championships are only Lebron and Durant, but they are too good compared to Giannis IMO as both can shoot well especially Durant who is an all around player, smarter than Giannis of course.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 575
March 11, 2020, 04:49:27 PM

There is no way bucks wasn't maxing giannis anyway, I mean we are talking about the dude who is the last MVP and has a case for MVP this year as well. How the hell anyone would think that he wasn't getting a max? The trouble here is not that he wouldn't be maxed, the trouble was he might want to leave even with a max contract offer if he believed Bucks wasn't going anywhere with him on the roster and he wanted to chase a ring like Durant did it.

Of course Bucks is great now though, they have Bud as the coach and ever since he became the head coach they have started to play very well in the past 2 years and thats why I doubt they would lose Giannis to any other team, that team actually has a great chance of being champions plus on top of that if they manage to get just one more superstar to their teams one day, they would literally destroy anyone on their path. Just for example if they managed to get Russ instead of Rockets this off-season, they would have been insane, if they could get some shooters like Middleton around Giannis they would be unstoppable as well.

Like Bucks have such a huge chance of being "warriors level of great" that I can't really think how awesome they could get with some decent signings.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 651
March 11, 2020, 09:45:11 AM
Reason why the management had announce in advance that they'll max out Giannis contract as they don't want Giannis to leave the Bucks.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2853733-bucks-gm-says-giannis-antetokounmpo-will-be-offered-supermax-contract-in-2020

For obvious reason that they are fucked up without him. We all saw it.

Bucks lossing to Nuggets were becuase of their 3 main scoring players was out.

Giannis is not playing...
Middleton as well...
and Bledsoe too having an injury that take him out for their game today.
Yeah, I might consider that. Just this once.
But how about when they were against the Suns?

Anyone seen the Lakers vs Nets game?

Tough lost for the Lakers, they are a bit sluggish early, allowing the Nets to close up the gap and taking the lead, it's just in the fourth quarter that Lakers was able to make a comeback. Anthony Davis is hitting the 3's, unfortunately, the one the needed the most? he missed it. Spencer Dinwiddie has a solid game for the Nets and so is Levert.
Watched it. I was amazed by how the Nets team is giving the Lakers team a hard time to score.
I am thinking they want to secure the 7th spot to avoid playing against the Bucks.
Both Magic and Nets have 30 wins now. It might be possible that they want Raptors to be their head to head foe rather than the Bucks.
They might have a higher percentage of a winning chance against them.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
March 11, 2020, 08:28:47 AM

Tough lost for the Lakers, they are a bit sluggish early, allowing the Nets to close up the gap and taking the lead, it's just in the fourth quarter that Lakers was able to make a comeback. Anthony Davis is hitting the 3's, unfortunately, the one the needed the most? he missed it. Spencer Dinwiddie has a solid game for the Nets and so is Levert.
That Last shot by Davis was so closed, it's Nets luck since it didn't convert to bucket,. Lebron can easily send the game to overtime not sure why he
chooses to pass the ball back to Davis and take the gamble to win or lose game.
Not an expert but just saying, though it's the play maybe from the coaching staff take the gamble of finishing the game much quicker.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
Winding down.
March 11, 2020, 08:23:40 AM

I think Lakers was too complacent, they were the heavy favorites here playing at home, so the expectation is for them to win easily since this Nets team is without Durant and Irving, but its okay, its just one of the bad games lakers will experience this season, what matters is they still stay on top and they continue beating good teams as that's what matters a lot in the playoffs.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
March 11, 2020, 07:18:50 AM

Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
March 11, 2020, 06:53:32 AM
On the other side, Giannis, Bledsoe and Middleton are not there to help the team against the Nuggets. It's not hard to analyze if this 3 superstars are not playing.
They have given that as a gift, when I check the scoreboard I thought Giannis played but I realize it was his brother.
Anyway, I think they'll be back in their next scheduled game,  but hopefully we will see it per schedule and it will not be postpone due to COVID-19 scare.

As for me, I am rooting on them on their next game, they have lost twice in a row and they are the best team so they'll bounce back for sure.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
March 11, 2020, 12:11:20 AM
I think it is always hard for any team to lose their superstar and suddenly keep going to win. You have to get adjusted to play without your superstar to be decent at least, no team could continue to be as good as they are without the superstar, of course they will get worse but they need a bit of time to adjust to reach that 100% potential they could be without the superstar as well. Give them 10 games without Giannis and they will reach a place where they are still worst than when they are with Giannis but they would be better than their current situation as well.

Look at raptors for example, they got enough time to be a team and right now they are still decent, surely not as good as when they had Kawhi and will probably not go to finals again this year, but they didn't suddenly start sucking and become horrible neither.
Before Leonard, Lowry is there and he's the real main man of the team though since Lebron still in the east Raptors unable to advance to the finals.
This team still playing the same coach and same system, players are adopting and make it materializing from how they wanted the outcome of each
games.

On the other side, Giannis, Bledsoe and Middleton are not there to help the team against the Nuggets. It's not hard to analyze if this 3 superstars are not playing.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
March 10, 2020, 04:03:06 PM
This may be weird but I'm currently rooting for Boston Celtics to get on the final with lakers and if they win that championship game, Tacko Fall will have the huge success of his life in the NBA. in the playoff anything can happen.

It's ok to root to your desired team. We have our own favorites in the first place.

However, in case that happens, I don't see that as a huge success of Tacko Fall's NBA life. His name is just a part of the Boston Celtics roster but without any contribution, he will not feel literally the experience of being a champion.

And I'm not also sure if a player under a two-way contract will also own a championship ring even they are officially listed on the roster as in the case of Tacko, he mostly played in G-League.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 283
March 10, 2020, 11:38:04 AM
I think it is always hard for any team to lose their superstar and suddenly keep going to win. You have to get adjusted to play without your superstar to be decent at least, no team could continue to be as good as they are without the superstar, of course they will get worse but they need a bit of time to adjust to reach that 100% potential they could be without the superstar as well. Give them 10 games without Giannis and they will reach a place where they are still worst than when they are with Giannis but they would be better than their current situation as well.

Look at raptors for example, they got enough time to be a team and right now they are still decent, surely not as good as when they had Kawhi and will probably not go to finals again this year, but they didn't suddenly start sucking and become horrible neither.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
March 10, 2020, 09:55:42 AM
2nd game of the Bucks with Giannis and their 2nd loses also, now we can say that Giannis is the heart and soul of the Bucks, without him this team will struggle. Per his status, https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/player/29932/giannis-antetokounmpo,, he already sit down 2 games, so he is expected to play in the 3rd game, hopefully by then, the bucks will keep winning again.
They'll have plenty of rest and figure out why they loss, and at the same time it could give Giannis more days to rest.
Their last game was their last game road games also, they will be back at home against the Celtics and for sure with Giannis, so let's see if they'll be back to normal again.

The lost against Nuggets was not that big though, I mean yes the Nuggets was in the lead most of the game, but they stay close could be winnable if they were able to put some defensive stops in the end. Obviously, Giannis is the heart and soul of the team, they will continue to struggle, but let's see if he can play against the Celtics at home.

The way I see it, its big enough, what matters here is the final score, and the final score was 95-109, Nuggets beat them by 14 points and that was not a close game, if they are good they should not allow the Nuggets to pull away in the fourth quarter and in every quarter, that's the most important.
asu
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1136
March 10, 2020, 09:54:01 AM
2nd game of the Bucks with Giannis and their 2nd loses also, now we can say that Giannis is the heart and soul of the Bucks, without him this team will struggle. Per his status, https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/player/29932/giannis-antetokounmpo,, he already sit down 2 games, so he is expected to play in the 3rd game, hopefully by then, the bucks will keep winning again.

Yeah, and I don't like it.
They are supposed to be a team.
Even when Giannis is not playing they are also supposed to win some of the games.
Middleton is there, an all star. Bledsoe is there and then the 2 Lopez's.
They have the roster to beat teams like the Suns which is in the lowest seed and also the Nuggets despite being difficult.

If I am the coach, I won't be happy with this kind of results.

Bucks lossing to Nuggets were becuase of their 3 main scoring players was out.

Giannis is not playing...
Middleton as well...
and Bledsoe too having an injury that take him out for their game today.

Meanwhile, the Raptors won to Jazz in a score of 101-92.
The combination of Siakam, Ibaka and Lowry. It seems like Clarkson the lucky item of Jazz was not doing well.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
March 10, 2020, 09:48:13 AM
do not follow much this season, but it was never like this that almost 20 matches before play-off we know which teams will be in the play-off, since there is four to six wins difference between team on position eight and position nine, on east/west respectively. Lakers can get the title, after miserable seasons last decade, Bucks are great last three season, but do not have what you need to get the title, they will be out prior to final match from Boston or Toronto
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
March 10, 2020, 09:42:55 AM

Even when Giannis is not playing they are also supposed to win some of the games.
They have the roster to beat teams like the Suns which is in the lowest seed and also the Nuggets despite being difficult.

The heat and the Celtics are different, even if they don't have their star player, they can still win against any team.
Two loses in a row with a bad margin, feels like there is a hole in the team and that hole was only filled by Giannis, without him this team is not special.

Reason why the management had announce in advance that they'll max out Giannis contract as they don't want Giannis to leave the Bucks.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2853733-bucks-gm-says-giannis-antetokounmpo-will-be-offered-supermax-contract-in-2020
Activity: 3024
Merit: 651
March 10, 2020, 09:24:09 AM

Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
March 10, 2020, 09:00:29 AM
They'll have plenty of rest and figure out why they loss, and at the same time it could give Giannis more days to rest.
Their last game was their last game road games also, they will be back at home against the Celtics and for sure with Giannis, so let's see if they'll be back to normal again.

The lost against Nuggets was not that big though, I mean yes the Nuggets was in the lead most of the game, but they stay close could be winnable if they were able to put some defensive stops in the end. Obviously, Giannis is the heart and soul of the team, they will continue to struggle, but let's see if he can play against the Celtics at home.
Merit: 606
March 10, 2020, 05:22:33 AM
Merit: 685
March 10, 2020, 03:22:44 AM
Jump to: