Pages:
Author

Topic: [4 PH/S+] BCMonster.com Mining Pool / [PPLNS Payout][Pays TxFee] - page 37. (Read 111525 times)

Activity: 481
Merit: 264
BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX
That's crazy!  Pool luck is like 440%. Lol.  I know it won't last but its cool right now.

What's crazier right before you hit that we were getting ddos attacked and all my miners got knocked offline.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Good thing I just threw my bonus towards another rental for us. The pool should be at 2ph shortly.

That would be amazing if you were to find our second block also!

Was that a prediction.

Well done krisgt30.  Grin

Come on make it three while the rental is still hot.

Mario.
Activity: 461
Merit: 306
Got a little bit of time left on the rental too, who needs 40ph pools?  Grin
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Congratulations !!!!! You're the best you've got a flair!!!!!
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
plz don't.....
keep mining Smiley
2 blocks in one week, I should retire from mining now  Smiley
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
BLOCK...those 2ph did the trick!!!
Still a couple of hours left on the rental, looks like got bumped down due to price increase.
Good thing I just threw my bonus towards another rental for us. The pool should be at 2ph shortly.

That would be amazing if you were to find our second block also!
I'm going to go ahead and put out a 2BTC bonus for the first block  from now till feb 14th at midnight Est! 
It should be running lower last couple of hours.  Price is up right now.  Thats why it is slowing.
Price went up.  My PH/s. Rental will be back when it drops.

How long is this second rental going for? I may throw another in to help when yours is up.
Price went up.  My PH/s. Rental will be back when it drops.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
I have just checked my wallet and am happy to say - Payment received - Thank you.  Smiley

Now I'm back home I'll add some more hash to help things on a little.

Here's to the next block.

Mario.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
I dont disagree with you whatsoever, however there is that element of randomness in blockfinding that makes the statistics mean a lot less. That being said, I hope your pool and BCmonster see a lot of luck and gain a ton of new members.
It's all random since mining is really nothing more than brute force attempts to find a hash that satisfies the requirements.  The poisson distribution model describes the expectations, which is what we all use to calculate things like expected earnings, time to find a block, etc.  However, as you saw with this pool's first block, and my pool's blocks, the models may indeed describe expected values, but the reality can be quite different.

The more hash rate a pool has, the closer to the model things become.  This is variance.

Believe me, I'd love to see our smaller pools become successful and attract more miners.  The more we have, the less the big, bad-for-bitcoin pools have.  I'm enormously happy for kano's pool.  The growth he's had is remarkable.  It would be very nice to see similar growth on my pool, here on this pool, on mmpool, bitminter, etc.
Awesome, and thanks for the blockfinding bonus!!!!!
I dont disagree with you whatsoever, however there is that element of randomness in blockfinding that makes the statistics mean a lot less. That being said, I hope your pool and BCmonster see a lot of luck and gain a ton of new members.

Putting a 12+ 1 PH rental online now. 
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
It's statistics.  You are correct that you'd see more per block here than on other pools.  However, you would see far fewer blocks here than on the other pools.  A pool with 20 PH/s expects to find 2.7916 blocks a day at current difficulty.  A pool with 1 PH/s expects to find a block every 7.1633 days. (these numbers are rounded off)

Let's say you have 100 TH/s of gear.  On pool 1, you represent 0.5% of the pool's total hashing power.  All things being equal, you would expect to make 0.125BTC per block.  On pool 2, you represent 10% of the pool's total hashing power.  You would expect to make 2.5BTC per block.

Pool 1 would solve 20 blocks for every 1 block solved by pool 2.

So, what does that mean?  Yup... you make more per block on the smaller pool; however, by the time you've found that block you've made the same amount of coin on the larger pool.

Now, when you factor in the nature of mining (luck swings, difficulty changes, orphans, etc) you are far more likely to be impacted on the smaller pool than on the larger one.
Pages:
Jump to: