Pages:
Author

Topic: [4 PH/S+] BCMonster.com Mining Pool / [PPLNS Payout][Pays TxFee] - page 6. (Read 111525 times)

Activity: 461
Merit: 306
I wanted to thank all the peeps that have rented recently looking for our next block!  Hope 13 comes soon!

Do you also offer miner hosting services at your data-center?
No we do not. But if you need guidance as to having your machines hosted we would be glad to point you in the right direction. Just email us at [email protected]
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
I wanted to thank all the peeps that have rented recently looking for our next block!  Hope 13 comes soon!

Do you also offer miner hosting services at your data-center?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
My new S9 arrived, just added it to the pool for what ever its worth (a drop in the ocean)
Hope we hit block number 13 soon.

Fingers Crossed....
Activity: 481
Merit: 264
BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX
I wanted to thank all the peeps that have rented recently looking for our next block!  Hope 13 comes soon!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Congrats on the block!
Oh yeah... guess I should have read the post on the previous page Tongue.  Is 3.5T the lowest hash rate to hit?

Yes I think so.   One of the others that did had 2 under clocked s7s.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Oh yeah... guess I should have read the post on the previous page Tongue.  Is 3.5T the lowest hash rate to hit?
With 3.5T... I'm assuming it is owned hardware that hit and not a rental.  First non-rental block for you guys, right?

Actually the third.
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
With 3.5T... I'm assuming it is owned hardware that hit and not a rental.  First non-rental block for you guys, right?
Glad to hit another!
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Congrats guys!
Activity: 461
Merit: 306
Block by Bitatlas with 3.5th. Unfortunately he wasn't donating so he did not qualify for the bonus*
Activity: 5
Yes, it's expired !
Don't understand why is no information from the Admin in any case !
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
It looks like the address lease expired?
Activity: 5
It's down , like so many times!
It's very often that the pool and website is down Sad sad but true
looks like the pool website is down.

Is it just me or is it really down?
Thanks for for the big rental snoopy.  I hope we hit!
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
In regards to stratum proxies... unless you're running a ton of hardware at your site, there's no need to setup a local stratum proxy.  The benefits of a local stratum proxy come into play if you have a lot of hardware to maintain.  It also cuts down on the network traffic since everything is directed to the proxy.  With only a few miners?  No need for it.
No problem, and I'm glad to help.  Besides, you never learn if you don't ask questions Smiley

When people state "we are due a block" it's based on the statistics.  You can calculate how long a given hashing power at a known network difficulty would expect to take to solve a block.  However, there is absolutely no guarantee when that block will be solved.

Following that same logic, there is no "best time" to rent.  Yes, people will argue that it's at the beginning of the round, so you're less likely to find a block... or it's in the middle of the round, so you're more likely to find a block.

The point is, any single hash at any single time can solve a block.  Those hashes have no concept of the fact that 200 billion have come before they have.

You know what increases the odds of finding a block?  Having more hashes.  That's it.  So, feel free to rent whenever you want.

Well thanks get the idea.

Have another stupid question coming your way. I was doing some reading online and came across "Stratum Proxy", does it really help/improve performance/significant advantage is having a local proxy server setup?

I started mining because I liked the concept and I have free power (included in my rent  Grin ) and i really like the tech, so just trying to get  my hands dirty and try different things and make it more interesting
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
No problem, and I'm glad to help.  Besides, you never learn if you don't ask questions Smiley

When people state "we are due a block" it's based on the statistics.  You can calculate how long a given hashing power at a known network difficulty would expect to take to solve a block.  However, there is absolutely no guarantee when that block will be solved.

Following that same logic, there is no "best time" to rent.  Yes, people will argue that it's at the beginning of the round, so you're less likely to find a block... or it's in the middle of the round, so you're more likely to find a block.

The point is, any single hash at any single time can solve a block.  Those hashes have no concept of the fact that 200 billion have come before they have.

You know what increases the odds of finding a block?  Having more hashes.  That's it.  So, feel free to rent whenever you want.
Pages:
Jump to: