Pages:
Author

Topic: [4 PH/S+] BCMonster.com Mining Pool / [PPLNS Payout][Pays TxFee] - page 7. (Read 111525 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
In a nutshell, you pay for the usage of someone else's mining hardware.  There are services out there (most popular are www.nicehash.com and www.miningrigrentals.com) that take care of handling the payments and managing the contracts.  Basically you say, "I want to rent some amount of hashing power for a period of time, and I want to point that power to some pool." 

The two websites I listed provide different approaches to it.  With nice hash, you simply choose an amount of power you wish to rent, and provide a price at which you wish to rent it.  If any hardware out there matches your specifications, it starts working for you until all of your funds are used up, or somebody outbids you.  With mining rig rentals, you choose one or more rigs and pay the rig owner a pre-determined rate for a specified time.  During that time, it is as though those rigs are your own.  You can point them to whatever pools you want.

Thank you Jonny for the detailed reply, I just realized that I had not phrased by question properly, I knew about the rental services I use them as frequently as my wallet permits. However I just wanted to understand if there is any co-relation between the time at which the rentals are put into the run, for example I saw a couple of posts which said "we are due a block" so is it with reference to a particular time at which putting in a rental increases the odds of finding a block?

I am sorry if I sound naive, pretty new to the mining arena, just been mining for a month now so totally new to this.

Thanks for your time though.
I burnt my rental budget at the beginning of this run, but I will turn by S7 the BC monster way. I know its not much but the little i can do.
Activity: 481
Merit: 264
BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX
Hi,
Can anyone let me know more about the rentals?

Every block that has been found by the pool was found from a Nicehash rental except the blocks by karstenholland and natebuilds23.   They have the best and easiest way to pay and interface.   I wish some one would rent we are due a block!  I would recommend that not renting less than 500ths, 1 PHS give you a good chance to actually find something. 
Hello, I just joined your pool about a few days ago, congratulations on the UI design, and responsiveness of the UI.  I was curious of one thing however, the last 3 blocks found, the reward is exactly 12.5 BTC, which implies no transaction fees attached to the block.  Is that just the way your UI shows the reward? or are you keeping the TX fees for yourself? Or by total (bad) luck, your pool found 3 blocks with no transaction fees?

No the blocks have tx fees.  We were having a problem getting the pool to adjust as it used a formula to get the block average over the last 10 blocks to figure estimated payout.  When the halving happened obviously your estimated payoff would have been much higher with 9 of your last ten blocks being 25 BTC payouts.  So we had to change the pool to fixed.  We rattled of 3 quick blocks before I was able to fix the issue so it was just set to make everything post as 12.5 in order to keep the estimated payout calculator working.  It is now correct and will pay as well as show the TX on the next block found.    I hope that answers your question.
Pool is down until tonight.   I was implenting a fix and doing some updates and ran into a problem.   I had to leave for work.   I will get it back up as soon as I get off work tonight.

We are back up. 
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Visualize whirledps

That's very uncool to post this here. I mine at both and have nothing but good to say about Kano.is, but I would not come here and try to solicit miners from a pool that's trying to grow and help keep the network decentralized, unless I had a specific bad experience with that pool (aka Slushpool).

I'm sorry. I was in a very bad frame of mind when I posted that. I have removed it.
Please feel free to remove it quoted here. Thank you.
Again, I'm sorry. I also apologized to the pool owner via PM.

I'm sincerely sorry.
I'm usually a very nice person and rarely say bad things about people or things or say things that can be hurtful to others.
I really don't know what came over me. Huh
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
In a nutshell, you pay for the usage of someone else's mining hardware.  There are services out there (most popular are www.nicehash.com and www.miningrigrentals.com) that take care of handling the payments and managing the contracts.  Basically you say, "I want to rent some amount of hashing power for a period of time, and I want to point that power to some pool." 

The two websites I listed provide different approaches to it.  With nice hash, you simply choose an amount of power you wish to rent, and provide a price at which you wish to rent it.  If any hardware out there matches your specifications, it starts working for you until all of your funds are used up, or somebody outbids you.  With mining rig rentals, you choose one or more rigs and pay the rig owner a pre-determined rate for a specified time.  During that time, it is as though those rigs are your own.  You can point them to whatever pools you want.
Hi,
Can anyone let me know more about the rentals?
Pool is down until tonight.   I was implenting a fix and doing some updates and ran into a problem.   I had to leave for work.   I will get it back up as soon as I get off work tonight.
Activity: 42
Allright, thanks for the info. Cheers
Hello, where are your stratum servers located?
Any EU servers by any chance? Would love to join mate Smiley

Your can connect to stratum+tcp://bitcoin.co.pt:3333 which will just forward from Portugal. 
Activity: 42
Hello, where are your stratum servers located?
Any EU servers by any chance? Would love to join mate Smiley
I'll throw another rental tomorrow.  Depending on prices.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I would send some over bud, but I just recouped 4 months of hosting losses myself  Sad
That's good to hear, though.  Congrats, the hard work and dedication pay off.  Well, pay even at least.  Wink
BLOCK! 3 Blocks in 4 days!

That's awsome.   Now if I can just get a couple of these cron issues ironed out we will be good.   I'm going to have to inlist Johnny.
I checked out the errors you were having and emailed you a resolution.

Oh, and congrats on yet another quick block!

As always Jonny.    You are the man.  
Glad to help.  Donation address is in my profile... feel free to help a poor pool op out who hasn't found a block in over 3 months Tongue

I got you jonny. I hope you find a block with it.
Activity: 461
Merit: 306
I would send some over bud, but I just recouped 4 months of hosting losses myself  Sad
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool

That's awsome.   Now if I can just get a couple of these cron issues ironed out we will be good.   I'm going to have to inlist Johnny.

Glad to help.  Donation address is in my profile... feel free to help a poor pool op out who hasn't found a block in over 3 months Tongue
Activity: 461
Merit: 306
As of Midnight Eastern Time we will be rebooting the server to address some CRON issues. We will be down for approximately 20 minutes.

legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool

Pages:
Jump to: