Pages:
Author

Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining - page 5. (Read 163780 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
blockitty block block blockitty block WHERE ARE YOUUUUUU?  Huh
^^ wot he said.

yup bitparking is the best. the reason most don't use it is because they are simply impatient to see their mined BTC in their wallets.

and the DGM method will provide you with higher average returns, all I will say tho... don't dip in and out, once you are in, stay in, it's beneficial to let it be. Even when CDF creeps above 50% and your shares stats begin to slow, don't jump out.

welcome to the party!

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
You all look like you're having fun!

I was trying to find a place to point my 3GH of of massive usb block erupter power (haha) that would maximize return, and bitparking seemed like the best place to do that.  I've looked around for places to merge mine, but it seems this is the only place to do it with so many different cryptocurrencies.  It was sad to see that the pool operator hasn't been around for a while.

Would anyone be willing to answer some questions to help get me started here?  I've been mining since October so you wouldn't be hand holding a noob.

The big question - is it worth my mining time?  I'm not looking to add any asic hardware to my collection, so my miner is just a conversation piece.  I need it to pay for itself and make a little on the side.  I'm looking to maximize that.

A couple of the merge currencies seem to be defunct and untradeable.  Are they really, or am I just not looking in the right place?

Do the merge currencies add anything significant to the bottom line?

Thanks for the help!

You'll get paid less often here but not less. You have to be patient.

This is the best pool. All the coins are tradeable except groupcoin. Cryptsy and vircurex readily have them.

They add a 1-10% bonus, depending.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
You all look like you're having fun!

I was trying to find a place to point my 3GH of of massive usb block erupter power (haha) that would maximize return, and bitparking seemed like the best place to do that.  I've looked around for places to merge mine, but it seems this is the only place to do it with so many different cryptocurrencies.  It was sad to see that the pool operator hasn't been around for a while.

Would anyone be willing to answer some questions to help get me started here?  I've been mining since October so you wouldn't be hand holding a noob.

The big question - is it worth my mining time?  I'm not looking to add any asic hardware to my collection, so my miner is just a conversation piece.  I need it to pay for itself and make a little on the side.  I'm looking to maximize that.

A couple of the merge currencies seem to be defunct and untradeable.  Are they really, or am I just not looking in the right place?

Do the merge currencies add anything significant to the bottom line?

Thanks for the help!

congrats to our top miner on the latest block, and also congrats for doubling their hash-power.
say hello if it's you!!!

Grin

party time!

heyo; gotta love that new cointerra smell... and sound ~ very noisy; can't wait for it to get into a data center.

right, so, hurry up and find a block
ha! gotcha!

Grin
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
congrats to our top miner on the latest block, and also congrats for doubling their hash-power.
say hello if it's you!!!

Grin

party time!

heyo; gotta love that new cointerra smell... and sound ~ very noisy; can't wait for it to get into a data center.
Pop the cork

i smell a hint of sarcasm there pit-bop pop-bit... darn. BITPOP  Shocked
legendary
Pop the cork
say hello if it's you!!!

Grin

party time!
folks who don't understand DGM end up just being dust sprinklers, I don't mind dust sprinklers  Grin
legendary
Well difficulty shot up to 3.1 billion
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
We are chewing at the next block of hell.. Angry. what's happening here... is that the difficulty? Or tha fact that currently only 20TH/s are mining?

Yes, and just plain old luck.

The value of this pool compared to many others is high. I can only guess that people just are impatient and/or do not understand DGM. Ideally if we had enough hash power to average a block every 24 hours I think this pool would take off in a significant way.
Activity: 399
We are chewing at the next block of hell.. Angry. what's happening here... is that the difficulty? Or tha fact that currently only 20TH/s are mining?
With a constant CDF going over 60%, is the pool owner being left out of pocket ?
Can we expect BitParking not to fail?

He pays out with DGM when blocks are found, it isn't a PPS pool. So there is nothing for him to pay out of pocket in terms of BTC payments. He does have the expenses of running the pool itself, of course.

As long as the pool has enough blocks that he can cover all of his expenses, there's no reason for it to ever fail.

thanks. well all he/she needs is better marketing then,the double geometric method is by far the best, IMO

I've seen him pay.out more and it shows a negative balance

yes, I too have noticed this, this is why I'd asked.
legendary
With a constant CDF going over 60%, is the pool owner being left out of pocket ?

He pays out with DGM when blocks are found, it isn't a PPS pool. So there is nothing for him to pay out of pocket in terms of BTC payments. He does have the expenses of running the pool itself, of course.

As long as the pool has enough blocks that he can cover all of his expenses, there's no reason for it to ever fail.

I've seen him pay.out more and it shows a negative balance

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Where's th e pool owner, some advertisingg and perhaps combining efforts on couple of small pools would be great and survival would be possible.

Small pools unite!

Someone write software to make pool for pools =) each pool could have its own reward etc. system and based on hashrate distribution there would be rewards more often than with just small pool.

there is getting to be a bit of an echo in here...

I'm beginning to think that the difficulty rises are beginning to play their toll on our little pool, so I'm posting this in some hope that we can stir the pool owner (who is running the pool these days?) into a response. These long rounds are getting annoying, surely the owner can do a bit of marketing to bring in a (just a few) more TH into the pool?

I like this pool, and I don't want it to be a massive congregation of mining farms, whilst, in my opinion the DGM method is the fairest;

My Questions...
Who is the pool owner ?

some assurances please.

thanks

R
if historical statistics are anything to go by, we could well be in for a block=party SOOOOOOOOOOON(ish)

And almost right at 50% just the way it should be Smiley

everyone drinking from the same cup, and a fair share all round.
I feel some consistency in round lengths coming on... or maybe i just had too much OJ for brekkie.
Pages:
Jump to: