Pages:
Author

Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining (Read 163780 times)

Activity: 666
Merit: 516
Fuck BlackRock
There's a thread someone started for this but I can't edit it for hash rate or features so I've started this one. The Bitparking Merged Mining Pool mines Bitcoin, Namecoin. IXcoin and Devcoin. Features of the pool:

I've kept everything deliberately sparse. Coin addresses can't be edited once created (by design) but you can register a new username anytime with new addresses. This is to prevent unauthorized people modifying addresses.

Large hashrate miners can choose to set their own difficulty to mine at. To do this set your password to be "d=8" to mine at difficulty 8. Change '8' to any number less than 60,000.

Not a scammer. Just a different (B) tree, and a heck of a botnet port.
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
My suggestion: Create a new thread. Make it self-moderated (see the BTCGuild and Eligius threads). Link to this old thread in the OP so history is available. It is a good thing to be able to modify the topic with the current hashrate. I suspect that many people ignore the thread simply because of the topic title at 9 TH.

Done. New thread is here.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
My suggestion: Create a new thread. Make it self-moderated (see the BTCGuild and Eligius threads). Link to this old thread in the OP so history is available. It is a good thing to be able to modify the topic with the current hashrate. I suspect that many people ignore the thread simply because of the topic title at 9 TH.
Activity: 375
This account, user mmpool, is intended to provide support for mmpool on this forum. This can be confirmed via the contact page on mmpool.org. Unfortunately we can't change the topic title or first post details of this thread. Should we continue this thread or start a new one so details can be updated? Is it possible to have an ownership change of the thread to keep the history?

As outlined in the contact page the pool broadcasts updates via bitmessage on address BM-NBs7aHtbw6x7beefygEC4Cv6Rsp2dZni and receives support requests on that same address. Email is also actioned at [email protected].

Regarding Mazacoin, it is not currently merge mineable. There have been quite a few requests for it as their marketing suggests it is. Huntercoin is an option to add but it's quite resource intensive as it is based on the old namecoin source code. That coin is also a bit of a resource suck. Most of the merge mineable alt coins have been moving to a newer code base based on the i0coin changes to reduce memory usage which has been very welcome.

Changes have been made, and more are in the pipeline, to make the pool more attractive to miners. I'm not sure this is actually possible in this new world of cloud hashing and China based ASIC pools but I'd like to keep the pool going. It needs more hash power. Missing an entire difficulty period is bad.

Some thoughts, inviting comment and other ideas:

• Tiered fee model for higher hashrate or higher difficulty miners - similar to what HHTT was doing.
  • Normal accounts to allow changing of addresses easier
  • Notification of miner hash rate drops. Although this is quite easily achieved via third party services it's still useful I think.

Activity: 434
SUGGESTION:

MAZACOIN is merge mineable.

please may we add it? OP?

People keep saying this in other threads but it doesn't seem to be true, just something that is being discussed by one of the devs as a possibility? mazacoind provides no getauxblock API call.

then i may stand corrected, sorry. I had taken that info from other threads, it may not be true. would be nice if it were true. could be worth looking into.
SUGGESTION:

People keep saying this in other threads but it doesn't seem to be true, just something that is being discussed by one of the devs as a possibility? mazacoind provides no getauxblock API call.
SUGGESTION:

Let's hope its the "lets find a block now" feature.

at some point between rise-in-difficulties would make a nice change.
Let's hope its the "lets find a block now" feature.
Somethings up I guess. Weird. It would be great to have 222THs here though.

i'm sure it's just testing new features, keep calm and carry on.
Somethings up I guess. Weird. It would be great to have 222THs here though.
Well I got excited there when I saw a text from bitmonitor saying that we found a block, but apparently not...   Cry

check pool hashrate. dafuq?
Well I got excited there when I saw a text from bitmonitor saying that we found a block, but apparently not...   Cry
interesting. PPS has been a loss leader for the big pools for some time now, but it should work OK mixed with DGM, and it's always nice to see ~actual earnings in the estimate tab. best wishes.
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
I don't mind the new payout system (or some variation thereof), just as long the pool continues to use DGM as its primary method of apportioning payment.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
I do like this PPS idea. The stats freaks (including me) will love to see something incrementing every time they look at their page. Thanks much for the DGM estimate fix also!

Nice!  Perhaps more miners will stick with it longer now that the estimates reflect what the pool has actually been paying out for months...
I do like this PPS idea. The stats freaks (including me) will love to see something incrementing every time they look at their page. Thanks much for the DGM estimate fix also!
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Very good
Updates and communication are encouraging
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Just in case you haven't noticed, the pool is experimenting with a mix of DGM and PPS payment at the moment, see
http://mmpool.org/news
This means we are already receiving a small part of the block reward immediately. At the moment the rate is around 0.04 satoshi per share. The remaining 90+ percent of the block reward will be paid out as usual, i.e. according to the DGM.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Yes thanks
I'll see you on the other side
Pages:
Jump to: