Pages:
Author

Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining - page 79. (Read 163780 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
Cool, I think this is an important change for bitcoin mining.

Also, my site is prettier.
Haha, yes it is. I'm impressed with how your site shows all the important information so nicely and I rage at my inability to do pretty sites!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
I would enjoy seeing share data on bitparking though...
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

I don't agree... yours just has a bunch more tables with an ugly bg colour... Bitparking is just standard black on white. simple, lightweight, doesn't hurt my eyes.
legendary
Pool had a couple of minutes downtime as I upgraded some software. The main improvement is adding the ability for miners to select their own difficulty level to mine at. It defaults to a difficulty of 1 but if you set your miners password to "d=8" you will mine at difficulty level 8. You can change "8" to any number. All PPS rewards will be multiplied by that value. It should be a non-decimal number. This will result in less submissions to the pool reducing bandwidth and improving performance.

+1
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
Pool had a couple of minutes downtime as I upgraded some software. The main improvement is adding the ability for miners to select their own difficulty level to mine at. It defaults to a difficulty of 1 but if you set your miners password to "d=8" you will mine at difficulty level 8. You can change "8" to any number. All PPS rewards will be multiplied by that value. It should be a non-decimal number. This will result in less submissions to the pool reducing bandwidth and improving performance.

Cool, I think this is an important change for bitcoin mining.

legendary
There was a brief restart just now as merge mining of the alt chains was resumed. I'll be tracking the performance and hopefully it'll stick.
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
Like the user selected diff (just like another pool).  Don't think this works when mining via gpumax though...  Sad
correct, GPUMAX will need to make changes to cope with higher diff shares
pretty sure zux mentioned it on IRC
legendary
Like the user selected diff (just like another pool).  Don't think this works when mining via gpumax though...  Sad
legendary
Oh ok cool. Thanks for the explanation
legendary
doublec: I thought you were turning off i0coin mining? It's been over a month since you made the announcement and it's still mining...
I adjusted the payout instead as suggested by someone here. On the site it says:

2012-08-18: I've reconsidered disabling i0coin mining and have re-enabled but with a higher fee. I'll adjust this fee to match the stale issues I'm seeing with that chain as I gather more data. In the meantime consider i0coins a 'bonus' produced by the pool which may stop or be resumed as I monitor the situation.

At the moment the pool isn't mining any of the alt coins as I announced here a couple of days ago while I track down a performance issue. I'm still paying out the alt chain PPS from pool reserves though. I'm hoping to re-enable them this weekend.
doublec: I thought you were turning off i0coin mining? It's been over a month since you made the announcement and it's still mining...
Awesome! Once my FPGA comes, I'll be interested, definitely.
legendary
I've implemented a way for users to adjust the difficulty they mine at so large hash rate users can reduce the number of network requests to send results to the pool. If anyone is interested in testing this please PM me and I'll provide details.
legendary
something is wrong there.... I have a PPS of ~ 0.000015 with 1359mh avg - almost no rejects
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying you are only get 0.000015 btc per share? Can you PM me the username you used and details on what mining software you are using and I'll look into it.
Activity: 1077
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
something is wrong there.... I have a PPS of ~ 0.000015 with 1359mh avg - almost no rejects

switched to another pool until I know what went wrong - its not a delay...
Activity: 1077
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I changed to your pool - lets see how it goes Smiley

edit:

is there a big delay between real income and balance check?

I did recheck over the time and the BTC amount is 13% below the amount it should be (PPS BTC 0.0000181) in relation to my hashrate...
(low reject rate)

perhaps I'm too impatient... I'll leave it for 1-2 days and do the calculation again
legendary
I've temporarily disabled merge mining while I track down a performance issue. The pool is only mining the bitcoin chain at the moment. It is however paying out the other chains from the pools reserve so users don't lose out but alt chain users may notice a hash rate drop on their chain. I'll update here when I begin merge mining the others again.
legendary
There was a few minutes of downtime as the pool found a bitcoin block and chugged through the large share database which backed everything up. I've installed a fix for the issue of handling large numbers of shares.
legendary
Another long block, 13 million shares so far. Fun times in pool land!
Pages:
Jump to: