Pages:
Author

Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining - page 78. (Read 163780 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
Anyone else notice anything strange lately, last 2-3 days. I've noticed a few times i guess I would call it a delayed long poll? where I would get 6-7 rejected shares and then the longpoll and then new block. Normally the max rejected shares before longpoll new block is 2.
I have not seen it - is it still happening? We've just come off a very long block - almost 5x difficulty, so I'm wondering if the longer blocks see reduced performance over time.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Anyone else notice anything strange lately, last 2-3 days. I've noticed a few times i guess I would call it a delayed long poll? where I would get 6-7 rejected shares and then the longpoll and then new block. Normally the max rejected shares before longpoll new block is 2.
legendary
I noticed this as well, I thought my cards just couldn't handle the bigger shares as well as smaller ones, but if it's not just me...
Looking into it, thanks.
Activity: 504
I've been playing around with mining higher difficulty shares --- I think your multiplier is broken- as going to d=4 cut my earnings by ~25% --- at d=8 it was ~80% reduction. Simply seems like there's no increase for accepted higher difficulty shares.

I noticed this as well, I thought my cards just couldn't handle the bigger shares as well as smaller ones, but if it's not just me...
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I've been playing around with mining higher difficulty shares --- I think your multiplier is broken- as going to d=4 cut my earnings by ~25% --- at d=8 it was ~80% reduction. Simply seems like there's no increase for accepted higher difficulty shares.

Activity: 686
stratum mining possible in there ?
Not yet but it's planned.

That'll bring rejects down so far, I can't wait.
legendary
Not yet but it's planned.
legendary
Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
legendary
Hey doublec, love the uptime lately! Thanks for keeping us mining Smiley Are you planning on implementing either GBT or STRATUM? Just curious.
Thanks! I do plan to implement one or the other (or both). Hopefully before the end of October I'll have something going.
Hey doublec, love the uptime lately! Thanks for keeping us mining Smiley Are you planning on implementing either GBT or STRATUM? Just curious.
Yeah, I looked at it just now and realized it was Mhash, not Ghash on the left side... whoops.
http://i.imgur.com/UqTkS.png

I think there's a problem :S

What is the problem? I see 206.5GH/s there.
http://i.imgur.com/UqTkS.png

I think there's a problem :S
Yes, I do see the reasons, which is handy. Most often I see something like Rejected (stale) or Rejected (upstream reports share from last block) or something along those lines. Once in a while I'll get a Rejected (duplicate hash).

I only have stale submission on because my backups do pay for stales, so if your pool goes down, I still get paid for stales on their pools. I have about 42 rejected for 2300 accepted, I think that's an acceptable ratio, no?
legendary
Does your mining give a reason for the rejects? The pool sends out a header explaining why it rejected the share,
Yeah, I think that's due to stales being counted as invalid rather than just rejected.
 Accepted shares: 5953
 Rejected shares: 115
 Reject ratio: 1.9%

Ouch. :\
legendary
doublec: So Vircurex has said they will stop trading i0Coins as of Oct 1, I wonder how many like me on the pool registered a Vircurex address to our usernames? Will you still be supporting it after this announcement?

Also, can I connect a miner that wants difficulty 1 work units and then another instance of a miner that wants difficulty 8 work units using the same username? I have GPU's on one miner and will have FPGA(and eventually ASICs) on another, it would be nice to be able to manage them separately.
i0coins will still be mined as long as the chain is stable. If you've got a vircurex address registered you'll need to register a new account on the pool to mine with new addresses before vircurex close the doors on the chain. I'll look at setting up a quick i0coin webwallet based on my exchange code over the weekend so those who don't want to run an i0coin client  can register an address to store coins. Another option is to ask vircurex if they'll give you the private key for the i0coin deposit address you are using.

Each registered username needs to mine at a specific difficulty. So if you want two miners mining at different difficulty levels you'll need to register two names. They can share the same payout addresses however. If you try mining at different difficulties with the same username you'll get errors returned.
doublec: So Vircurex has said they will stop trading i0Coins as of Oct 1, I wonder how many like me on the pool registered a Vircurex address to our usernames? Will you still be supporting it after this announcement?

Also, can I connect a miner that wants difficulty 1 work units and then another instance of a miner that wants difficulty 8 work units using the same username? I have GPU's on one miner and will have FPGA(and eventually ASICs) on another, it would be nice to be able to manage them separately.
legendary
I would enjoy seeing share data on bitparking though...
I have this page. The userid's are the first few characters of the sha256 hash of the miners username. Blocks themselves show at block origin or you can poll pool_history.txt.
Pages:
Jump to: