Pages:
Author

Topic: [AC] AsiaCoin | Pure PoS | 100% Interest - page 39. (Read 264526 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
The reason we used MediaFire was its huge popularity in Asia, and the ability to track downloads easily.

Sure, I will upload them on another website tomorrow.
RJF
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Online since '89...
The Chrome browser is detecting the download file (.zip for Windows) as malicious and deletes it.  Can the new wallet/client be available for download on a different site?  MediaFire is also full of bogus and misleading links.  All this makes it a suspicious and dodgy website.  Horrible representation of Asiacoin safety in my opinion.

And when I first click on the link to MediaFire, MalwareBytes says it is trying to access a malicious site.

Maybe try https://mega.co.nz/ instead.

me too same problem.

+1 Anywhere but MediaFire, potential users will be scared away and that makes the whole crypto scene look shady...
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
The Chrome browser is detecting the download file (.zip for Windows) as malicious and deletes it.  Can the new wallet/client be available for download on a different site?  MediaFire is also full of bogus and misleading links.  All this makes it a suspicious and dodgy website.  Horrible representation of Asiacoin safety in my opinion.

And when I first click on the link to MediaFire, MalwareBytes says it is trying to access a malicious site.

me too same problem.
Activity: 39

Activity: 532
Merit: 250
Any news? AC not dead else?
Not dead though things have slowed down across the crypto scene due to the world cup.
I don't see any indication of staking on my wallet. It's synced and new wallet.
Staking doesn't take place until your coins mature for 14 days. That means your coins are untouched in the wallet for 14 days.
Activity: 269
Merit: 252

I did like you said above. Deleted blockchain files. Downloaded asiacoin.conf and than started sync.
After downloaded 71999 blocks stuck again
What should I do now?

Do you have the latest wallet ?
Try to cose and open the wallet again .
Now , try to use the repairwallet command in the console . It should unblock any mismatched stakes .
You could try to add some more nodes to the config file from the link previously provided .
Use also the getpeerinfo command and post it here …

It works now. Thank you a lot.
I hate this wallet issues. Usually I use exchange wallets so all of these updates are something new for me.

Great , I'm happy for you . It is important to us that all asiacoin participants get their wallets updated & any annoying issue fixed as soon as possible — we really care .
Activity: 210

We're working on some cool things behind the scenes.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 306
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000
Peaky Blinder

I did like you said above. Deleted blockchain files. Downloaded asiacoin.conf and than started sync.
What should I do now?

Try to cose and open the wallet again .
Now , try to use the repairwallet command in the console . It should unblock any mismatched stakes .
You could try to add some more nodes to the config file from the link previously provided .

It works now. Thank you a lot.
I hate this wallet issues. Usually I use exchange wallets so all of these updates are something new for me.
Activity: 2
I don't see any indication of staking on my wallet. It's synced and new wallet.

What should I do now?

Try to close and open the wallet again .
legendary
Peaky Blinder
If you had unconfirmed stakes and was stuck at 71999, it pretty much means you were on the wrong fork. The issue has been resolved with the latest wallets in the OP and on our website.

Here are a summary of steps you can do:
1. Delete the blockchain files & backup the wallet.dat
2. Add nodes to asiacoin.conf that are using the latest wallets (It will be better if you cross reference for those wallets already beyond block 71999)
3. Restart the wallet app & allow it synchronise
4. After that, the wallet may show 0 coins on balance and on stake
5. Open debug window and run 'repairwallet' command in console tab

Our developers are working on rebasing our source code as the original source code left behind by the scam developer is quite messed up. Unfortunately, it has to be another hard fork for AsiaCoin to move on from the original source code to a new code base. The new wallet will be tested internally before we push it out for public release.

Hang in there, everyone!

where are these blockchain files?
what nodes I have to add?

On Mac we can find it in Library / Application Support / Asiacoin :: Also on Windows , there must be an Asiacoin folder with several .dat files inside . Do a search on it if you can't find it browsing — I don't use windows …

The blockchain dat files are three : blk0001 blkindex and peers . You can delete them or rename them .

Have your wallet.dat file backed up , your coins and access info are stored there .

You can take nodes from here : http://ac.blockx.info/connected-nodes. There is a button to generate the nodes so that you can just copy and paste them into your asiacoin.conf file.
Download this asiacoin.conf https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxn1c0gegspa35q/asiacoin.conf or
create your own with proper nodes and put it in the Asiacoin folder , it is only a txt file with that name asiacoin and extension .conf .

Launch your app and sync .
Run the repairwallet command if you don't see your coins on balance or stake .

You can check by going to the Debug window > Console and run the command getpeerinfo. It will show you the info of the peers u are connected to .

Maybe you don't need to do all of this and have only some unspent stakes that block your whole process of updating & synchronising , have you tried already to run repairwallet command ?

What should I do now?
Activity: 193
Vote for AC devs add some feature
I think the logo is no attraction  Tongue , we need change the logo
If you had unconfirmed stakes and was stuck at 71999, it pretty much means you were on the wrong fork. The issue has been resolved with the latest wallets in the OP and on our website.

2. Add nodes to asiacoin.conf that are using the latest wallets (It will be better if you cross reference for those wallets already beyond block 71999)

Our developers are working on rebasing our source code as the original source code left behind by the scam developer is quite messed up. Unfortunately, it has to be another hard fork for AsiaCoin to move on from the original source code to a new code base. The new wallet will be tested internally before we push it out for public release.

Hang in there, everyone!

On Mac we can find it in Library / Application Support / Asiacoin :: Also on Windows , there must be an Asiacoin folder with several .dat files inside . Do a search on it if you can't find it browsing — I don't use windows …

The blockchain dat files are three : blk0001 blkindex and peers . You can delete them or rename them .

Have your wallet.dat file backed up , your coins and access info are stored there .

You can take nodes from here : http://ac.blockx.info/connected-nodes. There is a button to generate the nodes so that you can just copy and paste them into your asiacoin.conf file.
Download this asiacoin.conf https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxn1c0gegspa35q/asiacoin.conf or
create your own with proper nodes and put it in the Asiacoin folder , it is only a txt file with that name asiacoin and extension .conf .

Launch your app and sync .
Run the repairwallet command if you don't see your coins on balance or stake .

You can check by going to the Debug window > Console and run the command getpeerinfo. It will show you the info of the peers u are connected to .

Maybe you don't need to do all of this and have only some unspent stakes that block your whole process of updating & synchronising , have you tried already to run repairwallet command ?
legendary
Peaky Blinder

Hang in there, everyone!

Hang in there, everyone!
still nothing stuck on block 71999 Angry

try the "repairwallet" command ... hope it would help

That could well be the solution if he updated his wallet to the latest and it still is hanging .
I solved my hang on block 72003 by using that command . I found out some small details .

Not that I really could know what the issue causing the wallets to get stuck updating was …
I hope , one day of these , our devs here , give us the story or conjectures .

However , when I updated to the new wallet , on Mac in my case ,
I unlocked my wallet to mint nonetheless to see if that is maybe helping the cause …
I got almost immediately towards block 72003 , this was due to 4 new stakes of my coin balance .

The stakes never confirmed enough to get broadcasted and get confirmed fully in the network .
My full balance moved to Stake entirely and when I tried to delete the 3 blockchain dat files …
, to download the entire chain anew , the coins balance that moved to stake disappeared , too .
Now , that can be scary if you look into your wallet and all balances are wiped out ,
even though the blockchain reaches full actuality .

Using the repairwallet command in the console
showed that there were 4 stakes that did ' not make it ' , and it took care of the issue ,
my coins showed up again in full amount under stake ( I had left them for weeks untouched ) ,
new staking happened even with a slightly higher amount , and my blockchain updated correctly .

The 4 stakes I received matured correctly and were soon credited to my balance ,
all my coins were released from Stake: and showed up correctly
under the Balance: again .

I transferred more Asiacoin into my wallet … to stake more in 2 weeks  …/
all at blazing speed which indicates a healthy network ,
difficulty is very high , I assume that to be very good for security & safety .

Happy end = Happy beginning . 

I recommend to trade your AC rather on mintpal than bter , for now .

I still love & support Asiacoin fully . AC rocks and has a lot of potential for growth .

Seems that you might have been connected to some peers running the older 2.0.0.0 which saw some wallets advancing to block 72003 when everyone was stuck at 71999. Not sure what is the reason but repairwallet does help.

I got 4 stakes , 71999 + my 4 stakes = 72003 . That is where it got stuck without updating the chain . Now , looking at those particular stakes , the first one got 4/4 confirmations and the remaining to release the stake all unconfirmed since the chain was not really updating . The 2nd to the 4th stake got 3/4 confirmations to 1/4 confirmations , and all remaining confirmations to mature or confirm them to be released did not happen .
That happened all without my chain really going beyond 71999 but indicating on the forefront 92003 . Only after I used the repairwallet  command these 4 stakes had been nullified and completely rejected , a new staking with 4 stakes happened upon the original amount of Asiacoins I was holding , my chain updated fully to the actual block count , and after all the stake maturing confirmations needed ( over 60 ) I got them credited fully to my Balance: . I hope that explains the proceedings that I had witnessed .

I had the same problem with the latest windows wallet. All coins were on stake and after two weeks still stucking at 71999 + my unconfirmed staking blocks. I tried many things but only this worked out:

1. Delete the blockchain files (and keep the wallet.dat)
2. add only nodes to asiacoin.conf which are behind block 80000
3. restart the wallet and let it fully synchronize
(after this the wallet shows 0 coins on balance and also 0 coins on stake)
4. Open console and run "repairwallet"

My coins were showing up again on stake. And after the staking was confirmed the coins were fully credited to the balance.

How can I repair wallet
You just quoted a post that tells you how to repair the wallet...
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001
CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com

AsiaCoin wallet updated to latest!

Welcome to trade:

https://c-cex.com/?p=ac-btc
https://c-cex.com/?p=ac-usd
legendary
Peaky Blinder