Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 26. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Yes it is more than risky, what if the altcoin crashes? or the developers sold all their coins? what are you gonna do if the price of your token drops by more than 50 percent? That is why i am always trying to diversify my deposit
Activity: 826
Merit: 523

As a result of the embarrassed status that the whole market undergoe, it is extremely risky to invest all your money in one coin. You should invest in 10 popular coins least. Besides, you should invest in projects that meet the future expectations, especially in technological terms. 

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
 Diversify your Portfolio. We all heard the saying “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket” and that applies here too. If you want to make it simple, just invest in your top 10 and put a bigger percentage in the safer coins such as Bitcoin an Ethereum. By diversifying your portfolio, you decrease your risk, and that is what we’re all trying to achieve.
Activity: 238
Yes, very risky investment in one altcoin. should invest in some altcoin. this is so that when one altcoin falls, there is still hope in another altcoin to make a profit.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1656
It depends on your timing and personal reasons for investing. If you have information others don't, also called an "edge", that an altcoin is a sure bet to make huge gains,

then go for it, but you have to assess your own position with dispassionate criticism, do you really know something the vast majority of market participants don't ?

If the answer is no, then you are better of diversifying into at least a few more altcoins, purely from a risk management perspective.
Activity: 210
Merit: 5
You can invest all your money in one project if it's bitcoin or ether, you can invest in other projects in full risky, you can lose everything.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
this is good idea invest all money on bitcoin because this is long term and this is not fake coin also, so there no any risk to invest bitcoin is very trusted coin.
Yaep. All alts trade charts just follow BTC trade chart. So if you invest in BTC you just invest in all crypto industry. May be you  will not get x1000, but certainly you will save and multiply your funds....
Activity: 406
The Exchange for EOS Community
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
I don’t think there is any risk in the coins with a market value of 40. Mainly depends on the price you buy. If your price is relatively high, then you may have to wait longer to make a profit. Your risk is time cost.
not really. even sometimes I hold all the assets I have into 1 form of cryptocurrency. sometimes it's more profitable when the price goes up, but of course it all risks when the price falls.
Investing all the money in a coin is extremely risky if you do not know how to distribute capital for your investment because your assets will depend entirely on the volatility of the coin's value and that is very risky. I think there should be a reasonable allocation plan to limit the risk to about 2-3 coins and always have contingency plans to be able to take initiative with the market situation.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
that's 100% risky. currently all my alts are like 30% of the ICO price, but there are some lucky ones, which hold x2 price and even more, but if I'd focus only on one - I'd probably end up with losses.
Activity: 378
This is also a good idea but can not wait for a more perfect idea. If you hold ETH or XRP. The altcoin has a great reputation and status in the community. It is entirely possible to make a better profit. However, I recommend that you diversify part of your capital into bitcoin or some other altcoin. That will be more useful and safe as well as more flexible about profits.
Activity: 798
Merit: 263
It is rarely a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket. Always diversify among many different coins and have multiple wallets and exchange accounts as well.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
I don’t think there is any risk in the coins with a market value of 40. Mainly depends on the price you buy. If your price is relatively high, then you may have to wait longer to make a profit. Your risk is time cost.
not really. even sometimes I hold all the assets I have into 1 form of cryptocurrency. sometimes it's more profitable when the price goes up, but of course it all risks when the price falls.
Activity: 140
Hi,

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
Activity: 45
My personal opinion is that buying all money  in one altcoins is definitely risky.Imagine that the team runs away or the team cannot implement the idea or there comes a better competitor.
Activity: 283
Merit: 100
this is good idea invest all money on bitcoin because this is long term and this is not fake coin also, so there no any risk to invest bitcoin is very trusted coin.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 256
if my advice is better in two, for investment in the world of crypto and in the real world like investing in stocks and in the company. because it has a not large resio and avoids the name lost too
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr
As opposed to the popular opinion(diversify), I'd put my money in one coin.
You need to choose this one very wisely, something that is worth your money.
Something with a small inflation and a huge potential. Privacy oriented possibly.
Activity: 434
Concentrated investment also has benefits. You can get considerable benefits from an accurate choice, but the risk of concentrated investment is also obvious. Once this cryptocurrency keeps falling, you will lose all your investment funds!
Activity: 154
Investing all of your money in 1 altcoin is really risky. I strongly believe that this is true because as of what is happening in the market right now which experiences low price for few months gives you a low profit for months. Although you can still gain but only gain small or worst you don't have a profit especially some coins that drop the most. Better choose to invest in 2-3 alts instead at least even if the other coin drops price still you can still gain in other coins. And if ever the other coins drop you can still have other coin that would balance the lost.
Activity: 206
Well as a standard rule in any market and when making any investment decision in life its always best to have some hedge or alternative. I men you could go to any money manager and they will always tell you diversification is necessary. I mean would you feel alright if you had invested all of your families funds/savings/education fund etc into one stock or even just one sector or industry. Yes it could work but the risk would just be to high in case you are wrong.
Now crypto in general is even more riskier than traditional markets and should be treated with even more caution. With the sector the way it is and so many scams out there you dont want to have your entire portfolio in one coin unless that's BTC. Proper risk management will always work out more often than not and will give you steady gains over the long term/I think it's worth it to participate in ico, I recommend that you pay attention to eloncity Kiss

Pages:
Jump to: