Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 30. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 0
Spread your risks, it is better to spread it across different tokens rather than put everything  in a single token
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
This is quite risky for your capital, so allocate your capital to many different altcoin, thus reducing risk and safer, possibly more profitable for you.

It's risking everything in a single shot though so it's a lot more risky. Traders and investors always know that having a diversified portfolio lessens the risk of losing all your money. Though investing on a top alt like ethereum or litecoin may eventually be successful in the long run, who knows what may happen along the way. So yeah it's too risky and if i were you, i'd invest in at least 3 more if i have the money.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
In my opinion, investing in one coin from the top-40 is not very risky. But at the same time, I do not think that such an investment will bring you much profit. Top coins are less volatile than new ones, so they are less interesting ... But this is my personal opinion. Each has its own strategy.
Activity: 308
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
This is quite risky for your capital, so allocate your capital to many different altcoin, thus reducing risk and safer, possibly more profitable for you.
Activity: 308
i think it's too risky but all you need to do is believe, and observe on the flow chart of your invested token. be patient and your can get benefits after the pump..
Activity: 314
Merit: 101
I think it's risky to only have 1 coin but if you are lucky you can make big gains.If that altcoin starts to go low you will lose lots of money.
Activity: 784
Merit: 257
Oh, yes it's very risky. The project can suddenly die (this often happens) and all your investment capital will die with this project. Do not make this mistake and invest in several projects at once.
Activity: 895
Merit: 250
Yes, it maybe risky because we should not put all our eggs in one basket because anything can happen at anytime. It is better to spread the money into more coin because this even increase your chance of more profits and if one coin is not doing well, you can coverup for it with another one.
copper member
Activity: 812
Merit: 6
Depends what coin it is, if its eth  - not very risky. All people must decide for themselves what is rusky and what is not, its very inividual.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
The Exchange for EOS Community
The topic itself is self explanatory given the fact that cryptocurrency is a very volatile asset. Once this crypto asset that you only have will fluctuate hard, you can cut your investment about half or even more than half of it. But if you have the balls to keep your crypto asset for a long term and willing to take the risk, then investing on a single crypto is not a big deal at all.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 503
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
Diversification is the key to lower your losses. The market gets bearish without any hint and it will be harder to keep track 24*7 and buy/sell as soon as it pumps or dumps. Better is to put orders at comfortable levels.
Activity: 48
When i was begginer i put all my money in one basket but never will do same mistake diversyfy
Activity: 56
I actually think it's a legit strategy and has the highest upside in rewards..... but only if you pick a super solid coin with a long future and actual use case. I did a ton of research and settled on Ambrosus. I don't have the time or patience to trade coins and watch charts all day so I'm just trying to get as large a master node as I possibly can and in 2 years I'll be able to retire off the passive income it will generate.
Activity: 490
Merit: 15
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

If you will invest in small project, I think you should be risk. But if you invest in huge coin, loocklike BTC, BCH, ETH and more, its will be successful choice, but you want buy at low price, I think now is best price for buy BTC, but its your risk and choose yourself
Activity: 350
the risk is very large, but I like this strategy, if I find a good project for investment I almost do not make a mistake
Activity: 40
Merit: 1
If you like risk, you will earn more if you have all money in 1 altcoin. But better is to spread your eggs into different baskets. I advise to put your money into 5-6 different tokens/coins.
Activity: 602
https://i.imgur.com/BBmstUL.jpg
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
If you just hold and only focus on 1 coin course this is very risky. Moreover, if you invest in Altcoin that has not been proven promising for the future, if someday the coin you hold dead you will definitely lose all the money you have on the coin. So I advise you to hold some promising coins.
Activity: 154
We join altcoin investment to gain interest in the money we put up. But investing your money in just 1 altcoin is really risky. First of all we never know what will happen to the alt that we will investing, as of now the market is still struggling to bounce back to higher price but still the price is currently low. If you just invest in one alt bigger possibility that the alt might continue to dip making you lose. You will end up regretting if that's the case. Buying the coin in high price but end up selling it in low price. Better divide your investment to 2-3 coins by this even if the other coin is in a lower price the other coin is gaining making you not a loser in the end. We all know that to gain more we need to take the risk but let's take the lesser risk.
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
Who told you this,  if your capital does not allow you to invest more. It's just a warning that if you lose something you basically will not be able to do anything, but if the investments are small and even more so in one coin, then I think there's nothing to regret.
Activity: 434
Keep your savings in 3-4 currencies. I would advise you to keep them in the top 100 altcoins, because it is less risky.
Pages:
Jump to: