Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 40. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 472
Merit: 100
Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!
Everyone agrees on the same advice ...
Always try to diversify as much as possible.
 this is too risky. Try to have at least two altcoins.

Yes, this is the absolute truth. I may add that the investments in different coins should be proportional. For example if you hold $1000 in Ethereum, $50 in NEO and $20 in ADA is not diversification.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Usually risky.Of course you should not.
You have to research carefully and choose a portfolio with 2 coins at least.
Good luck to everyone
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
Everyone agrees on the same advice ...
Always try to diversify as much as possible.
 this is too risky. Try to have at least two altcoins.
Activity: 280
Merit: 20
Hey Mate, Just saw your post.... This is a very bad idea...you need to diversified your portfolio for 4 or 5 coins/tokens... This is to risky to play poker on this market. DYOR for your investment on good project.
Activity: 156
I think it's better not to put an egg in a basket, It's Warren Buffet's word so it's better you invest in lots of tokens, Do not spend your money on one token only
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Unless you have seen that alt with a very good project that has a practical use in the real world scenario I won't advise you to invest all your money in it. Spreading out your investment has always been a safe way of investing. Besides, there is no single best product/project in the world.
Activity: 70
I do not advise you to invest in one coin. Even if it seems that she has a great future. This is very risky. It is always necessary to develop new projects in order to increase efficiency and obtain benefits. And most importantly, to avoid bankruptcy.
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
Cryptocurrency is a potential market, investing in this market promises to bring you a lot of profit. However, this market still has a lot of risk, because this is a new market, it is easily affected by the news and it fluctuates very quickly. So I think the risk will be higher if we only invest in an altcoin. I recommend investing in 2-3 altcoins, some potential altcoin that I think you should buy at the moment which are Cardano, Ripple, TRON, IOTA, Stellar.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
Very risky. Great for you if you invested in one crypto and it pump big but that is to good to be true because we are talking alts so much better to spit it in 3 or 4 for different alts for more profitable.
Activity: 394
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
What do you think about it? The risk of missing more if you have only one coin. The more different coins you have in your crypto portfolio, the better. The greater the probability of takeoff.
Activity: 115
all i can say is it's risky and not the best option. it's less profitable than if you split to many alts
Activity: 644
Hi,

Thanks

I suggest that you should not put all your money in just one coin, the main reason is that crypto market is unstable and you might lost everything when the coin you invested with goes down , it's better to invest in 2 to 3 more coin because you can have an option coin and maximizing your investment helps you earn more. 
in any case, if a person very much desires to have exactly 1 altcoin for all his money, then it is better to choose an etherium, because it is the only coin that can give guarantees of its prospects in the future.
Activity: 327
its depends on what altcoin do you want to all in
if you choose a solid altcoin such as ethereum or eos i think thats okay
and you minimize the risk by invest in solid altcoin
1DC
Activity: 448
Hi,

Thanks

I suggest that you should not put all your money in just one coin, the main reason is that crypto market is unstable and you might lost everything when the coin you invested with goes down , it's better to invest in 2 to 3 more coin because you can have an option coin and maximizing your investment helps you earn more. 
Activity: 280
Hi,

Thanks
Yes you are right with that it is very risky unless you got very lucky the coins you've chose has been pump. But the secret is to diversify your portfolio properly pick the best 5 coins you think that has really a big potential in the future because that's more profitable instead of choosing one only.
Activity: 176
“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World"
Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Too much risky, especially in crypto. Diversification is a good option. In your case you can invest in 2-3 good projects and hold for long term. Also make sure to invest some portion n BTC, it's very important.
Activity: 679
Merit: 500
Well I think it is risky but sometimes I do it specially if I am just going to do a short trade and I know that the coin or token would be pump,
It is only for a short trade but I don't really recommend it for a long term trade because most of the alt-coin that I have seen or hold just end up being dump.
Activity: 238
Merit: 30
It seems to me that this is very risky. But this does not mean that you can not use this strategy. If you are completely sure of the coin that you are going to buy, you can invest in it.
Activity: 336
There is this proverb that goes like; do not store your eggs in one basket.  This is to say that it is very risky to have all your investment in one coin. It will be less riskier to diversify it such that even if one project fails, the others might not. However, if per your research you think a single project can be very successful than why not.
Activity: 364
The Exchange for EOS Community
investing all your capital/money in one altcoin to me is more than too risky. Looking at the trend where there is constant fluctuation in the price of the altcoins. If you do that the probability of you losing all your money is too high. I suggest you divide it though your money may look small but do that please
High risk, high profitability. So when you invest all in an altcoin if the potential altcoin you will succeed a lot, we can see many coin prices rise very high and your capital will increase many times. So if you dare to venture out, you will quickly get rich. But the risk will be very high as you say.
Pages:
Jump to: