Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 38. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
I strongly advised to diversify your investment. And one of them should be in BTC or ETH then hold for a long period of time. Choose very wisely for the ICO projects and make investment that have clear road maps of their project.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
Recently consolidated all my bags to one token -> GVT

Happiest investment i've made so far, bullish is an understatement!
Activity: 728
Merit: 263
Yes it is much more riskier than what you probably think that it is, so the best thing that you can do is just to try to diversify in at least, two or three coins between all your budget.

you must make a basket
and at least 50 of it must be eth or btc
the rests can be altcoins that you investigate and trust
Activity: 378
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
I think investing only on 1 Altcoin alone is very risky indeed. Because if you invest only 1 Altcoin and Altcoin that you hold a dead moment. Automatically you will lose everything. But if you invest in some Altcoin and there is 1 coin that died but the other coins are alive and you do not lose all your money.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Best of the best, You need to invest your hard earned money in a different project that has potential.
It's not the best idea to invest only in one altcoin.

You have to learn much about the cryptocurrencies to choose at least 7-9 of them. Do not ever concentrate on one altcoin even when it seems to you the best one. Use also the technical analysis when you pick an alt.
Activity: 196
In the name of investment diversified is one of important rule in action to minimise your risk and losses, because if your capital will  put together to one basket if your not assure that you will win, whether your win or your lose ..so that if you lose you must be able to produce another capital..but if your capital will deversify your other basket will not all empty have a chance to have a profit in other basket..
Activity: 35
Merit: 1
I would also say to spread at least between 5 altcoins, 10 would be better.  It needs  some time and a little bit of research to find rather undervalued projects with good fundamentals. So i would spread it between some Top 100 MC and some promising projects.
Activity: 280
Merit: 109
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

very risky. I would recommend investing in 5 coins - $ 100 
entering the market
Activity: 1820
Merit: 537
It ok that you put your money in one altcoin. But before you do that make sure that the altcoin you invested in is good and have a good potential in the future.
you think that it's so simple to guess and guess that a certain altcoin will be the most promising and investments in this coin can be successful? It seems to me that this is the most difficult among all the tasks that the investor faces.
Its not by guessing, investing in an altcoins is not picking it up only you have to make a good fundamental research basis on its project so you can be knowledgeable about what it is all about and you can speculate specifically if it has a good coin for long term that will gave you a good return but it does not good to go all in because if once project have a major problem you will lose and face big disappointment.
Activity: 168
Hi,

Thanks
Don't try !! That's the stupidest idea I could come up with .Never put all your eggs in one basket!I have already once got so on CTR .But it's good that there was only 30 percent of my Bank.After that I'm investing in 6-10 coin not less,so less chance of losing it all .
Activity: 1330
Merit: 121
It ok that you put your money in one altcoin. But before you do that make sure that the altcoin you invested in is good and have a good potential in the future.
you think that it's so simple to guess and guess that a certain altcoin will be the most promising and investments in this coin can be successful? It seems to me that this is the most difficult among all the tasks that the investor faces.
Activity: 454
"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"
Activity: 182
If I were you, I will spread my money to at least 3 coins and one of them of course Bitcoin and second is Ethereum then one for the other. Like people said, alt coins price usually follow the Bitcoin price. Bitcoin make me safe than Ethereum is nice alt coins because this is good platform for a lot of tokens.
Activity: 139
Yes it is more than risky and you are risking a lot while you do this, that is the reason of why i think that you should choose a few altcoins to divide your entire budget
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145
investing in 1 altcoin has a huge risk of loss. but if the price goes up .. you also get a big profit. Before calculating profits, it is best to think about losses. I think it's best to invest in 2-5 altcoins. although you are only a small financier. because we learn to minimize losses. and learn to be careful in investing.
Activity: 38
Altcoin price will go up only when bitcoin will be up.

Altcoin price movement is like with bitcoin on extreme.

when bitcoin goes up Altcoin fly up, when bitcoin goes down Altcoin fly down.
Activity: 266
Merit: 105
Too risky if you only knew the market cycles. If you can put that amount in more that two or three kinds of coins, much better. Because there's a bigger chance that one of those coins can give you double or more that the amount that you invested. Or what if all of them them got a x10 price? It's like hitting a jackpot price.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
well, that's too risky, it's just that when you invest in the right altcoin, then the benefits you get of course will be even more. well, I think so many traders here, and they certainly know, a definite advantage when a coin price that they hold it up.
Activity: 644
Our parents used to tell not to risk all your money in one business because we have to divert ourselves into different sectors in order to keep securing our funds. Investing in one coin is always very risky and chances of loosing value will be very huge.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
The risk can be very easily justified so I recommend all the same to take a risk and try to do something to take away your Bank for example, I think I agree, it's worth the risk.
Pages:
Jump to: