Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 43. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 744
Merit: 266
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
Risk? This is an investment blunder.

$500 is enough to diversify among 3-4 coins. Never put all your money in one coin. If that coin goes up it might sounds like a big profit. But this is also the riskiest investment in this highly volatile market. You need to keep risk-reward ratio in your mind. If you liked the project, then go invest 50% of what you have. Put the other 50% in 2-3 other coins.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
i think this is not only too risky, but the riskiest investments style
but, if you ready for all the risk, its up to you my friend
Activity: 308
Merit: 2
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

I think you should invest in 2 to 3 coins and not just focus on one coin . That strategy is used by some investors like me , it helps us maximize our investment to earn more profits and to have another option if the other coin didn't work . Focusing in one coin is too risky because you might end up losing everything if the coin you invest with doesn't end well.
Activity: 149
Merit: 0
You must dare to have some Altcoin because I think you will have many options when prices fall when the coins. And your income is certainly not just get from one benefit but could be from a few coins. But a nice coin selection was also very decisive against your results.
Activity: 196
In the name of cryptoland,there is no guarantee that you'll safe all time, the main rule of business specially in altcoin, do not put all of your money into 1 basket,you need to diversify to other basket, cause if you put to 1 basket only, cause if you lose ,will lose all, unlike to diversify your egg into other basket cause its became less risk.
Activity: 154
The risk is too big if you all in your money in one altcoin,it is better if you find some other good altcoins to buy besides there are many good altcoins.
Activity: 608
don't invest in 1 altcoin, it is very dangerous. you can lose big. invest in some altcoin. because when one of your coins is experiencing falling prices. you still have hope in your other coin. it is a good investment strategy. so as not to lose all your assets. so invest in some coins. although only have a small capital.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 513
I am absolutely against going all in in a single coin. Doesn't matter if it is Bitcoin or Ethereum, for me investing in one coin only is bad business.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
It is very risky to invest in one coin, all we have to do is we have to divert our portfolio into different other potential coins which has the ability to increase when bitcoin price start increasing all other altcoin price start increasing.
Yes, but if investing all in ETH or BTC is safe, I think if we invest in other altcoins it may not be safe, or safe. Your profits are low or you lose money, but if you invest in BTC or ETH, these are the top prestige coins on the market, holding them will never lose you and remember never to ever. expect a price too high compared with the actual situation on the market.
Activity: 182
If you want to earn a lot, then there is only one way out - to invest in ICO. For example, you can pay attention to this project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3412464.0http://
An interesting project, I studied it for a few hours. They also launched a bounty program, you do not have to buy tokens, you can earn them.
Activity: 22
The ideal is to vary the investment between bitcoin some altcoins and promising icos. Investing everything in just an altcoin can be risky but it can happen to be quite lucrative. If you make the decision to invest in just one alt you must know the project a lot if you have a real use product and the team behind.
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
If you want to earn a lot, then there is only one way out - to invest in ICO. For example, you can pay attention to this project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3412464.0http://
Activity: 336
Merit: 5
Culotte Jaune Officielle
Beside Bitcoin, I have only invested in ZenCash and so far I am more than happy. I started to follow the project when the price was about $5, currently about 35$ I think I can say I am doing good, and I think the project very safe to invest in and so far I am not disappointed.
Activity: 420
This is the foolishness of investing in one Altcoins as there are many opportunities in the market. If invested for TRON in last 5 months only worth of $100 then today you could have to get 40x of value appreciation. But, I say you if you chose only 1 coin then you should invest in Bitcoin or Ethereum.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
 Lips sealed All your money in ANY coin is risky. First of all you should only invest what you are willing to lose. The crypto market is too new and too unpredictable to afford such risks. Also it's not smart to invest in one coin. You should diverse your portfolio with AT LEAST 3 or 4 different coins to minimize the risks. And one last thing - put at least some money in Bitcoin,Ethereum or Litecoin as they are the most stable coins on the market currently and if anything happens to the other altcoins you have, you will still have something left.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
I hope you followed one of my first advices and you bought more than one coin, because it is very risky to bet on a single coin. If something goes wrong with this project and you will loose all.. So it is better to buy more thn one coin to multiple your chances for gains!
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
in what altcoin did you focus??? maybe it's risky.. but i think you didnt invest to that altcoin if you dont see any potential and a great future for that coin... so follow you instinct. and believe to success.
Activity: 364
Well, I think that's not the right decision in this case. Plus you need to take into account many factors that will help you in this case. For example how much money you have, the stability of currency, etc. So I think that it is better not to do.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
while reading this thread I realized how some people prefer to divide it in two, some in three and so forth. It's really a personal preference and what you feel safe with, two would give you back up, three would give you more back up. In my personal opinion you should stick with as many as you can trace without feeling burdened. There is no point in adding 10 altcoins if you can't keep up with their updates.
Activity: 240
Merit: 11
Be Positive Always!
first you pick only one altcoin is not wrong. if you think that was the best from all altcoins out there. second you afford to loose the investment as it a gamble double or nothing. third.. make your own research and collect your own data. trust your self.
Pages:
Jump to: