Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 36. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 101
It's a real risk, I should say. However, it's not possible to call it a "risk" if we are talking about 500$, that's not serious. Real risk is to put 10+k usd in one alt, that's really scary if this is all your bank.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
This is the foolishness of investing in one Altcoins as there are many opportunities in the market. If invested for TRON in last 5 months only worth of $100 then today you could have to get 40x of value appreciation. But, I say you if you chose only 1 coin then you should invest in Bitcoin or Ethereum.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1068
it depends on your expectations and investment amount. but the prior point is term. how long you can wait? and can you track closely to the market?
Activity: 80
Merit: 0
I mean $500 is not that much. Putting it all in one coin is very, very risky, but you can also benefit greatly if that coin went 300x. But I suggest invest those $500, sell some of the stuff you don't need, take some of your paycheck every week, and invest in other things.
Activity: 307
Merit: 10
I do not think that the investment in the future for profit is the entire capital to invest in one coin. I think more chances if the capital in several coins, tokens.More chance of profit.

It is better to invest in several different coins. Buying only one coin is a big risk of losing all your money. Separating funds between different coins, it will be possible to cover potential losses when one of the investments fails.
Activity: 196
I would advise you now to buy TDZ tokens. In my opinion, it will give a good profit to its investors in the future. It is perspective project.
copper member
Activity: 350
Putting all your money in one coin is like playing a game of luck. Good enough if you have chosen a trusted coin, but still there is a risk. Its better if you diversify  your investments.
Activity: 51
I do not think that the investment in the future for profit is the entire capital to invest in one coin. I think more chances if the capital in several coins, tokens.More chance of profit.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
yes, very risky investment in one altcoin. should invest in some altcoin. this is so that when one altcoin falls, there is still hope in another altcoin to make a profit.
This is good invests in some altcoin that we could have profit instead. Investing in one altcoin and putting your money is not good. So to be able have profit split your investment in other coins.
Activity: 424
Merit: 75
TalkImg.com - Image hosting for BitcoinTalk
Nowadays, if Bitcoin goes up, chances are your altcoin will go up with it, and viceversa.

Anyway, if you invested in late December, I suppose you didn't make a great deal. But if you didn't, not too risky atm imo.
Activity: 224
Merit: 31
Well as a standard rule in any market and when making any investment decision in life its always best to have some hedge or alternative. I men you could go to any money manager and they will always tell you diversification is necessary. I mean would you feel alright if you had invested all of your families funds/savings/education fund etc into one stock or even just one sector or industry. Yes it could work but the risk would just be to high in case you are wrong.

Now crypto in general is even more riskier than traditional markets and should be treated with even more caution. With the sector the way it is and so many scams out there you dont want to have your entire portfolio in one coin unless that's BTC.

Proper risk management will always work out more often than not and will give you steady gains over the long term
Activity: 238
I'm afraid if all my money is in one altcoin,what if scam like bitconnect? Your money will easy lost so it too risky

Do not do it ever. even when you really like the altcoin, do not limit yourself with it. You should better pick at least ten cryptocurrencies and add them to your portfolio.
Only the people who like more risk to get more reward is ready for this. I think that you need to take a risk, because without the risk and will not achieve anything, it is the risk that allows you what no one expected. I ever take this and its too dangerous but because my greedy i keep doing this
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
You want to diversify, but not too large,

I used to have 40+ stacks of coins, and it became a nightmare to look after and shift anything around, even with portfolio trackers etc,

It also meant that I always got the general downwards movement when BTC shifted, but then only got small increases when one of my 40 coins went on a bull run.

I would say 5-10 coins, 60% of them in the top 20 or so and the other 40% in riskier projects is probably the best.

For example I am currently stocking up on ADA/NEO as my top 20 coins, and then getting involved with ICO such as Videocoin/Bibox/Fcoin for my 40%
Activity: 882
Merit: 250
I'm afraid if all my money is in one altcoin,what if scam like bitconnect? Your money will easy lost so it too risky

Do not do it ever. even when you really like the altcoin, do not limit yourself with it. You should better pick at least ten cryptocurrencies and add them to your portfolio.
Activity: 839
Merit: 500
It is not recommended putting all your money in 1 altcoin. Diversify is always better as you spread out the chances of losses. As the market always looks for the sign that a currency is bound to drop or fail, they would try to move as much currency out of there as they can into other currencies. Should you diversify there are better chances that your portfolio could rebalance itself.
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
It is possible and in one, the main thing that he justified your demands. And for this, bitcoin or ether is most suitable. Other coins are likely to rise if you lose a lot of nerves and patience. But every investment is viable.
Activity: 210
Depends on the risk you like to take. I hold most in 1 altcoin because i believe the price is to low right now and with the right moves i can skyrocket.
But it is very risky, even though i like the team and the tech a lot can go wrong , but it will have the best returns to be invested big.
Activity: 97
It's a risky game my friend. The main investing rule - diversify your portfolio.
Your main part of budget invest in top 10 blue chips they will grow in order to cover your losses.
The other part invest in perspective coins on their lows and study these projects their ideas news and development.
Activity: 4
I think, Cardano it's a secure option. Also is good to invest in an ICO like Contractium.
Activity: 812
Merit: 257
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
yes, very risky investment in one altcoin. should invest in some altcoin. this is so that when one altcoin falls, there is still hope in another altcoin to make a profit.
Pages:
Jump to: