Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 42. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 5
It is better to invest in 2-3 coins is more safe, because the most important thing is to save your fund and profit is not the most important thing.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
Yes, 1000% risky because if you invest all your money into one coin is very risky. We have divide our investment into different other portfolios which we can recover the funds even though we loose in one coin.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
It seems to me that this is very risky. But this does not mean that you can not use this strategy. If you are completely sure of the coin that you are going to buy, you can invest in it.
Of course that is too risky. Investing all your money in a single asset is too risky because a little fall in the price of that crypto in which you invest is going to be a big loss. Besides, the concept of holding a diverse portfolio is of great importance and this is just because a fall in the price of one asset or coin will not affect your overall portfolio. Having said that, it sounds a wise decision not to invest all the money in a single crypto.
Especially if it is an unpopular coin, of course the risk will be much greater. Rather than investing in a popular coin, the risk is much smaller. Coin that already has a large market share of course has gained the trust of the community so we are not too worried when the price decreases because usually the price will return to normal and are at quite different rates. Unlike the coin that still has a low market share, usually the coin can experience dumping and in the end the coin has no value. That's why investing in a crypto world requires a very good analysis, without any analysis we may just be hoping for a luck and that is not a good thing to do.
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Puting all ur money in one project is risky because if something happens to this altcoin like hack or some bad news u will lose most of your money. Try to diversify your portfolio to minimize the risk.
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
ofc u need diversification

Make sure to find a nice balance between coins / platforms / dapps. And if possible also try and join ICO's!
Activity: 464
Merit: 29
it is more than risky and if you do not know where are you putting your money, you are obviously going to lose a lot of money because of risking your ass too much. Do not be so fool, just diversify.
Activity: 126
The cryptocurrency market is highly volatile so it is better to diversify the investment to minimize the risk, you can try to divide the $500 into 5 and get different promising coins. always do your own research on the coin before investing so you can get away from scam projects.
The portfolio diversification I confirm is a risk reduction. But some people want to win big so they put all the money into a potential coin they think will be profitable in the future. This is probably a deciding game of success or failure. I think everyone has their own reasons and they always have a wise decision for their investment.
Activity: 887
Merit: 253
It seems to me that this is very risky. But this does not mean that you can not use this strategy. If you are completely sure of the coin that you are going to buy, you can invest in it.
Of course that is too risky. Investing all your money in a single asset is too risky because a little fall in the price of that crypto in which you invest is going to be a big loss. Besides, the concept of holding a diverse portfolio is of great importance and this is just because a fall in the price of one asset or coin will not affect your overall portfolio. Having said that, it sounds a wise decision not to invest all the money in a single crypto.
Activity: 140
Yes..its very risky thing to do....and why would one invest only one altcoin when everyone knows crypto is up and down. Learn how to diversify.
Activity: 140
 I believe not one smart person will not invest all the capital in 1 altcoin... Everyone knows the risks... A maximum of 20 % percent with full confidence!!!
Activity: 40
You really need to spread your funds... Investing in one coin is highly risky and not advisable, because if it crashes or dips you lose all your funds... But if you have at least 10 different alt you won't fill too bad when one dips... You can spread different amount on them base on your due diligence
Activity: 364
never put all the money in 1 altcoin, this is a big mistake. It is always necessary to diversify the risks, I recommend choosing 3-5 altcoins
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
Presale is live!
Activity: 532
the only coin that I would feel remotely safe holding is Ethereum. If you want more gains NEO, XRB and VEN would be good but things move fast in crypto and a lot can change. So better to diversify your investment in top 3-5 altcoins.
Activity: 604
Merit: 250
Yes, it is very risky even as crypto itself is a risk but you should never put all you eggs and hopes in one place as if they fail, you will lose all. It is better to split it into more stable altcoin or project so that when one fails, there will be another one to cover up for the loss.
Activity: 510
BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange
The cryptocurrency market is highly volatile so it is better to diversify the investment to minimize the risk, you can try to divide the $500 into 5 and get different promising coins. always do your own research on the coin before investing so you can get away from scam projects.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 115
all in on 1 altcoin,what? you are crazy dude. too risky, no one all in on a project that we can't know about their future. i think you should use that money for daily trading. dont take the risk dude, but yeah.. dyor
Activity: 3
ofc u need diversification
Activity: 336
Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
if you really trust the coin with your guts try to Hold it for a long term so that it will help you to gain profit by waiting for the price to rise then sell it if you are good with the price .
while you are starting it is okay to stay only on one coin. so you can focus on your coin  then if you got enough money or earnings try to learn other altcoin
Activity: 258
Look ARROUND!
too risk but profit is higher. and if it is just an altcoin with cheap price. new coin just like stratis on 2017 you would be rich now
Pages:
Jump to: