Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 47. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 35
Of course it is very risky because chances are you can lose all the money you have invested. But of course high risk high return.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
is not it too risky to put our money into 1 cryptocurrency. will make us able to get extra losses. we better break down in some good coin to be used and invest
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
By investing in 1 altcoin only you are going ALL IN.

It's either a very smart move that will net you great profits or it will be a very dumb move that will result in you losing all your money. Thats the problem with investing everything into a single coin. This is why people diversify their portfolios and spread the risks and profits across different coins and projects.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 397
dice9.win/ - Simple, fast and provably fair
clear. I though convinced against 1 cryptocurrency. I will not put my finances there. because this is too risky to do. we could be bigger in the losses we get
Activity: 322
Merit: 0
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

Listen to the advice of a man who thus lost all the money! My way into the crypto currency began with the investment of a considerable amount for me in one coin. According to the classics of the genre, nobody needed a coin, and money turned into pennies!
So distribute the risks, never invest everything in one place. The only correct option is to take 4-5 different coins, especially since there is plenty to choose from!
Activity: 182
It is always risky to keep all your investment in a single coin, you need to divert them and invest them into different altcoin which has the same potential because if one price increases automatically you will make your profit from it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
reduce the risk by investing 4 or 5 different coins. so you can earn more with less risk. This is the best move.

Investing all the money you have into a coin is very risky because the altcoin in this cryptocurrency market is affected by so many market factors so you need to divide your money into lots to invest instead spend all on a coin. There is a good way to invest in this market and to limit investment by feeling.
Activity: 315
Merit: 12
Yes, this is a very big risk. But all crypto currency is a very big risk. Sometimes this risk is justified, but sometimes it can lead you to big losses.

but more risky invest all in 10 or 100 scam project, who was be a robbers)
just think before and invest in your favorit coins
Activity: 336
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

In my way of thinking, it doesn't matter that you are a little investor or a whale, every investor should diversify their own holdings. So, I think it might be much more better if you invest in at least 2 different coins.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
reduce the risk by investing 4 or 5 different coins. so you can earn more with less risk. This is the best move.
Activity: 7
with a little experience under my belt with stocks, and penny stocks, I find even the best penny shares can fail, you then have crypto, which i recently got back into little over a year ago.
with crypto being an unregulated market, you have a higher risk of falling victim to a scam, you also have the risk factor of volitility, and then you have the risk of a coin just dying.

because i am not a financial advisor, I will give you the basis of what I do.

if I have properly researched the alt coin project, and I am at least a little confident that it isn't a scam, then i will invest anywhere from >1% to 5% of my total investment into that coin. this isn't including the more secure projects like btc, ether ect...

I will then hold and monitor the market and coin. also this forum. Then adjust based on how the project is coming along.

I have fallen for a few scams in the past, I have also invested in coins which ended up dying, I have also invested in coins which have seen substantial gains. There are some coins I wish I put a little more into, and other coins which I should have stayed with when development was slow. I also mine coins and put the profits into most new coins. the only scams I baught into were bitconnect ico, also davor coin ico, I knew the risk with it and didn't put in more than i was willing to lose. on bitconnect I did make quite a bit of profit from the ico, but sold half of it early on, then "invested" the other half, did the same with davor.

still a lot of great advice from people here, just thought I would butt in for a change.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
Yes, this is a very big risk. But all crypto currency is a very big risk. Sometimes this risk is justified, but sometimes it can lead you to big losses.
I completely agree with you that investing in one altcoin is a very huge risk. But if this coin is familiar to you and you are confident in its prospects for the future, then in this case these risks will be justified.
Activity: 378
Activity: 70
Of course this is a big risk, I think it is necessary to keep up to 10 different altcoins in the portfolio to avoid a big fall.
Activity: 378
Merit: 103
I think it is very risky to just hold one altcoin in your portfolio, it seems you have to divide your investment in some kind of altcoin to make it more secure. But if you have studied the graph of altcoin that you hold it up, I think it's back to you
Activity: 364
in what altcoin did you focus??? maybe it's risky.. but i think you didnt invest to that altcoin if you dont see any potential and a great future for that coin... so follow you instinct. and believe to success.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
If you just have a small assets, i think you can investing in one ICO but you must analysis before about the projects, future plan and prospects in the crypto markets.
Activity: 504
Merit: 105
yes, it will be extremely dangerous if we choose to invest money in one altcoins, specially new altcoins we never know when will the cryptocurreny is scammed or not, and with the fluctuation of new cryptos we may suffer losses if the token suddenly drops or scammed in the future, that is why for safety reason, we should never invest our money in one altcoin but to spilt in many altcoins.
Activity: 714
of course it is very dangerous, invest all your on 1 tokens only, when the price of the coin drop, then you will experience a huge loss because all your money has been invested in the token
Activity: 217
Merit: 10
No one puts all their eggs in the same basket, because if they do, the risk will be high. Investing in the cryptocurrency market is a good idea to do some research on the market, you should learn about the altcoin you want to invest. I recommend 2-3 good altcoin with good potential, professional development team, big supportive community. Some potential altcoin that I think you should buy are NEO, IOTA, Cardano, Tron. I believe in the near future these altcoin will grow fast and bring you much money.
Pages:
Jump to: