Pages:
Author

Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky? - page 51. (Read 7721 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10
World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
If you're lucky, you can make a lot of money in a couple of days or even hours from your altcoin. But it's definitely like a lottery. We always have to think about the worst case scenario. In the event of any speculation or negative news, the price of the coin can be upside down in a moment. So it would always be wise to invest in multiple coins.
Activity: 97
Merit: 0
In my opinion, this is very risky because you are only fixated on 1 coin only.
And in investing you should use some coins because it will make you get more profit.
If only one, the risk of losing coins is great if you choose the wrong project.
Activity: 70
This is too risky. Divide your money and choose a coins that has a capacity to grow 3x  after a month. Choose 3 or more coins and make a research if it has a good background and many people invest in it too.
Activity: 238
Merit: 30
Holding Huge amounts of money in one single coin is suicidal we cant move ahead if we incur losses from that particular coin better to diversify very often
Activity: 532
Merit: 103
Invest all your money in one altcoin is not smart decision. The principles of diversification and risk management have not been canceled. I would recommend investing in several cryptocurrencies, for example, in Bitcoin and ethereum (mostly) and 20% of all money in another altcoins. At the same time, it is necessary to always leave about 30% of all investments in cash.
Activity: 20
I mean you can put all your money into BTC which is the most stable crypto, but still I wouldn't advise you to do so. Your only option in that case is holding.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016
It is not too good idea, i did it once and i could lose everything so spliting your amount of money into more coins could make you not risking that much at the same time you could earn a lot.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
Yes, it can be risky as you have placed all your bet on a single stake. The probability of loss and win is 50-50 percent so you need to take out some volume from that single altcoin that you have invested and further invest in 3-4 different altcoins if you want to play safe. Crypto market fluctuates like any other. Invest the same way we do in a mutual fund. Channelise your money on different altcoins the loss/ profit ratio is not affected. You can earn a lot if you follow this routine.
Activity: 504
Merit: 12
there is not too much risk, but there is no risk-free investment, but it is possible to make various strategies to reduce the risk most.
Activity: 120
Merit: 2
One coin means 100% win/lose of your investment, I would say at least 10 coins in what you should aim for but for this you need to do some research, don't just stick to top ten currently on CMC, some of them will go down as others rise. I think WAVES will go up this year, while ETH will decrease in value for example.
Activity: 254
I would not do that. I do not want to invest money in one coin, a very big risk of losing money. I would divide this sum into 5 equal parts. in this case, the loss of money is less risky.
Activity: 378
Really very bad idea to keep all money in coin because it might be very risky because market circumstance is not up to the mark. So we have to divert our portfolio in order to recover our funds.
Activity: 198
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
It is very risky. I wish I could take same risk. It will make you impossible to cut losses as you will cut everything at once in one coin. I prefer to diversify in 2-5 coins.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
Yes if it's not a good coin with high rank on CMC. You should know that all-in is the most dangerous thing you should never have in trading. You should separate your capital into 3 or 4 cryptocurrencies, it's much safer than only 1 although it's a good coin or not. But don't invest in too much crypto Smiley)
Activity: 322
Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

I do not advise you to invest in one coin. Even if it seems that she has a great future. This is very risky. It is always necessary to develop new projects in order to increase efficiency and obtain benefits. And most importantly, to avoid bankruptcy.
Activity: 617
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Ofcourse it is risky but sometimes taking risk is worth it. Instead of holding hundreds of shitcoins it is better to hold one or two quality coins. There might be many excuses though.
Activity: 182
Hi,

Thanks

if you as an investor want to invest money for a long time then you can do so. but if you're not an investor then at least 2 Altcoins put your money.
Activity: 238
Presale Starting May 1st
Yeah it doesn't worth it - It is very risky. I mean you can still make profits over bigger portfolios you shouldn't put every eggs in same basket cause you will regret when crash happened - it happened to me once.
Activity: 630
Merit: 104
I would invest in several altcoins. too much risk but like others said - if only 1 then from top 20-30 coins.
Activity: 714
Merit: 102
of course it is very risky, if you invest all your money on one coin only. should you split your money in some investments for example in 3 or 4 coins
Pages:
Jump to: