Pages:
Author

Topic: ALLMINE INC - FPGA Cryptominer - page 10. (Read 51390 times)

Activity: 489
Merit: 253
August 07, 2018, 08:51:55 PM
I missed the first batch, so I just bought some more Xilinx shares while waiting for the next generation. It's probably going to take a long time for a new FPGA with significant power boost to be released, but it's fine... I won't support the resellers who took miners' position in the preorder queue and now are trying to add a ton of profit on top of the cards.

New gen fpga s coming in '19 at the earliest, thats what makes this delay so bad. Every month will count for ROI. Now a new monero fork bitstream will have to be developed too.
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
August 07, 2018, 05:18:59 AM
I missed the first batch, so I just bought some more Xilinx shares while waiting for the next generation. It's probably going to take a long time for a new FPGA with significant power boost to be released, but it's fine... I won't support the resellers who took miners' position in the preorder queue and now are trying to add a ton of profit on top of the cards.
Activity: 557
Merit: 5
August 07, 2018, 02:48:46 AM
I have contacted already these guys ( Ireland somewhere ) - they have answered my first email but when i have said i want to send somebody in person to collect as the amount is substantial - no answer so far ... also the address they give is some dead road in a village ... without exact number ... so all points to either scam or people who want to pre-order and collect the money first and then pay for the order they have placed and make a quick buck - everyone can do the same so i do not think it is going to work anyways.

I really would like to know when these FPGA will come to Europe - lets organize something - guys from AllMine - suggestions how we can do that ? Obviously no one can collect money enough to order 1000 pcs - so at least you should appoint somebody in Europe to be your representative and to post it officially so the people know who to trust .
Otherwise shipping everything one by one from USA or China is going to be expensive for anybody ... 

We offered worldwide delivery with our batch. If you missed out you'll need to wait for the next batch.

Is the next batch still promised for December 2018? Will there be any improvements/upgrades to the board making it a "version 2" or will it be completely the same?
How about being realistic here ?
They are already late for the first batch... What do you expect ? There wont probably even be a second batch
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
August 07, 2018, 02:19:14 AM
no interest in selling your miner or dev services?

also is that normal to have the intro pricing then jack it up, whitefire also says its $4k now but 5k + next month
oh it's ok also the price is the possibility is it more up than that Huh
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
August 06, 2018, 09:05:40 PM
I have contacted already these guys ( Ireland somewhere ) - they have answered my first email but when i have said i want to send somebody in person to collect as the amount is substantial - no answer so far ... also the address they give is some dead road in a village ... without exact number ... so all points to either scam or people who want to pre-order and collect the money first and then pay for the order they have placed and make a quick buck - everyone can do the same so i do not think it is going to work anyways.

I really would like to know when these FPGA will come to Europe - lets organize something - guys from AllMine - suggestions how we can do that ? Obviously no one can collect money enough to order 1000 pcs - so at least you should appoint somebody in Europe to be your representative and to post it officially so the people know who to trust .
Otherwise shipping everything one by one from USA or China is going to be expensive for anybody ... 

We offered worldwide delivery with our batch. If you missed out you'll need to wait for the next batch.

Is the next batch still promised for December 2018? Will there be any improvements/upgrades to the board making it a "version 2" or will it be completely the same?

Lol ... Dec 2018?  This is looking more and more like Bitmain ASIC stuff.
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 9
Anarchy
August 03, 2018, 09:03:55 AM

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
July 31, 2018, 10:04:44 PM
Could someone post a working discord link? I've gone and reformatted this computer and lost access to it.
Thanks in advance friends!

give this a shot, its the latest one i could find in the announcements channel.

https://discord.gg/jdw8jZB

worked thanks
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
July 31, 2018, 07:34:43 PM
Could someone post a working discord link? I've gone and reformatted this computer and lost access to it.

give this a shot, its the latest one i could find in the announcements channel.

https://discord.gg/jdw8jZB
Activity: 7
July 31, 2018, 06:18:56 PM
Activity: 195
Merit: 15
July 30, 2018, 02:00:21 AM
Hi! August coming!! When you will start shipping your products?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 6
Merit: 12
July 25, 2018, 09:37:05 PM
What are the hardware requirements for FPGA mining?

Currently there are no known specific hardware requirements for FPGA mining beyond basic requirements for GPUs. That is, a basic CPU, minimal ram, minimal disk, and x1 PCI-E 3.0 connectivity.

Is using a 2.0 PCI-E out of the question or can we get by with one? Would this reduce the cards overall effectiveness and by how much?

One of our engineers is testing on PCI-E 2.0, but we have no idea how it will behave in mass deployment or with variations of motherboards.

Thank you for testing this out! I'm curious to see what differences there are between 3.0 and 2.0 (maybe even 1.0 if you guys are really bored).
Activity: 62
July 29, 2018, 02:07:25 PM
I have moved a few mill through paypal but from selling typical electronics laptops phones etc..unfortunately the 6month hold with disbursement is standard operating procedure for paypal when you are doing extreme volumes of money per day/month..when someone pays with paypal they can open a chargeback upto 6 months after the order doesnt matter what you say the warranty period is..they have a review period of your account every 2-3months where depending on your chargeback rate they will increase/decrease the disbursement rate
Activity: 1118
Merit: 541
July 29, 2018, 01:34:48 PM

Activity: 6
Merit: 12
July 24, 2018, 04:40:08 PM

Currently there are no known specific hardware requirements for FPGA mining beyond basic requirements for GPUs. That is, a basic CPU, minimal ram, minimal disk, and x1 PCI-E 3.0 connectivity.

Is using a 2.0 PCI-E out of the question or can we get by with one? Would this reduce the cards overall effectiveness and by how much?
Activity: 17
July 29, 2018, 01:29:14 PM
We're able to provide this because we've burned an encryption key onto every FPGA shipped. This encryption key is what enables the creation of our secure shell environment.

Is this encryption key the same as the one provided by Mineority? And does every BCU1525 comes with it installed? I've found a BCU1525 from a european shop (though I'm still checking if they are scamers) and I'm wondering if I'll be able to load the bitstreams from Allmine.

From Mineority's site I read: "Your BCU1525 from Mineority comes with special security key encoded right to it. This key provides you access to private bitstreams powered by the Allmine Crypto Shell and Squirrels Research Labs technology as well as public bitstreams provided by others in the community."

The only people receiving BCU-1525 are Allmine/Squirrels. Mineority is getting their boards from us. I don't know where these other shops are getting their boards. At least one of them (those EU sellers/resellers) placed orders with us but never paid for them.

I see... well, it's those guys: https://mineshop.eu/fpga-miners/xilinx-bcu-1525-fpga-detail/
But I'm not advising anyone to buy from them. They also seem to add quite an extra on the price. I wish they'd just let the cards un-ordered so that we could get them.

Hey, senseless, I'm gonna pay you the moment you allow me to order from you!!! Roll Eyes

July 29, 2018, 01:20:22 PM
We're able to provide this because we've burned an encryption key onto every FPGA shipped. This encryption key is what enables the creation of our secure shell environment.

Is this encryption key the same as the one provided by Mineority? And does every BCU1525 comes with it installed? I've found a BCU1525 from a european shop (though I'm still checking if they are scamers) and I'm wondering if I'll be able to load the bitstreams from Allmine.

From Mineority's site I read: "Your BCU1525 from Mineority comes with special security key encoded right to it. This key provides you access to private bitstreams powered by the Allmine Crypto Shell and Squirrels Research Labs technology as well as public bitstreams provided by others in the community."

The only people receiving BCU-1525 are Allmine/Squirrels. Mineority is getting their boards from us. I don't know where these other shops are getting their boards. At least one of them (those EU sellers/resellers) placed orders with us but never paid for them.

I see... well, it's those guys: https://mineshop.eu/fpga-miners/xilinx-bcu-1525-fpga-detail/
But I'm not advising anyone to buy from them. They also seem to add quite an extra on the price. I wish they'd just let the cards un-ordered so that we could get them.

Hey, senseless, I'm gonna pay you the moment you allow me to order from you!!! Roll Eyes
July 29, 2018, 06:07:50 AM

July 29, 2018, 04:03:36 AM

July 24, 2018, 09:26:07 PM

One of our engineers is testing on PCI-E 2.0, but we have no idea how it will behave in mass deployment or with variations of motherboards.

July 24, 2018, 10:01:20 AM

Currently there are no known specific hardware requirements for FPGA mining beyond basic requirements for GPUs. That is, a basic CPU, minimal ram, minimal disk, and x1 PCI-E 3.0 connectivity. There may be other hardware needs in the future for specific bitstreams. Some developers may opt to use the PCI-E bandwidth to communicate between cards or offload some processing from the FPGA to the CPU. In these instances, those developers will make known these hardware requirements. You may opt to upgrade or change your infrastructure then to support those bitstreams. The FPGA present a new way of doing things and there are countless possibilities for how various resources could be used in mining. Because this is an open but new development environment it will take some time for things to mature and the most efficient way of doing things to become evident.

What operating systems are supported for FPGA operations?

At launch we are planning only Linux support. When you're mining, even in windows, all that's really necessary is for you to be able to edit a file and run a command line interface application. We do not see using linux as a blocking point for the operation for miners. Detailed setup and installation instructions will be provided. We're also planning integration into some mining-specific linux distributions which will allow easy web interface management. However, even without the web management it should not be difficult for someone who's operated a GPU miner or ASIC miner to also operate a FPGA miner.

Can the FPGA multi-mine?

Yes! The FPGA can use resources however is needed for the developer to achieve their goal. It would be possible to mine several different algorithms at the same time on these devices. There are situations where some resources are more optimally used for one thing than another. Using the FPGA it's possible to mix and match algorithms and designs to achieve the best mix of resource utilization for profitability. An example of this, CN7 has a better hashrate using blockram. It would be possible to use CN7 on blockram, Lyra2z on the ultraram and using the rest of the logic space for a small tribus or other logic algo mix. Going forward with future generations of devices as they become larger I'd expect even greater variation of mining. It's becoming clear that the most profitable bitstreams will be multi-algo bitstreams.

What is "the shell" and why do I need it?

"The Shell" fundamentally is a wrapper around any mining bitstream that will run on your FPGA. The wrapper provides a common set of communication and programming functionality to allow anyone's bitstream or design to operate on your FPGA without re-programming the FPGA using the USB cable. We're able to provide this because we've burned an encryption key onto every FPGA shipped. This encryption key is what enables the creation of our secure shell environment. Some examples of functionality that the shell provides are:

Hardware Management (Temperature, Power (Voltage/Amperage), Clock sources, PCI-E, Programming / Reprogramming)
    Bitstream Management (Bitstream distribution, developer fee collection)
    Mining Software (Bitstream management, Algo management, common communications platform for all bitstreams)

For Developers:

It allows developers an easier time to get started without needing to build their own software, communications, or worry about secure their development fee. They can focus solely on producing the best possible bitstream designs for maximum profitability. Due to the secure nature of the bitstreams it will enable developers who previously may have not released their designs, to release their designs, as they won't fear people attempting to cut out the developer fee and diminish their work.

For Miners:

Miners will get a wider selection of bitstreams, an easier and faster way to switch between them (over pci-e instead of USB), and easier management of their miners with our online config builder and management system. As of now, if you want to switch from one bitstream to another it would take possibly hours of reprogramming depending on the number of FPGA you have. Using our shell it will take seconds to switch bitstreams and starting mining a new one. This creates a better environment for profit switching and increased gains.

In addition, the shell and software provide user side control of clocking and overclocking. The user can define their own parameters for what they find to be desirable for voltage, clock, temperature, etc. Or, if desired, tell the software to overclock to the maximum of the safety limits.

Pages:
Jump to: