Pages:
Author

Topic: ALLMINE INC - FPGA Cryptominer - page 8. (Read 51390 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
September 27, 2018, 07:25:11 AM
If anybody is interested to buy BCU 1525 $250 cheaper, I have orders for x 4 no-RAM  version of BCU1525 for $3350  per card ( original price I  paid in June during the first group buy). Currently the RAM version is being sold from SQRL or Mineority for 3600 USD each. I still have an order for 6 cards alltogether (Allmine/SQRL).  If interested,  PM me here and/ or on Discord (@Cryptoman#0825).
PS: I am simply trying to expedite my refund.
Activity: 1118
Merit: 541
September 27, 2018, 05:30:27 AM
Update:

We have received 500 BCU-1525 cards to the SQRL facilities. We are expecting (Xilinx has said) they will be shipping 150 units per day until our order is filled.

September 25, 2018, 12:26:01 AM
First post in some time.

I've spent the day looking at overpriced FPGAs and randomly ended up in this forum, an old love affair of mine, where I see chips digikey markets for 40k sold at 3k.

I'm not sure what is more crazy between what happened to this place in the last couple of years, how I missed out on all of it, Xilinx's margins on chips, the 90%+ discounts, 2112's memorable posts in this thread (I just binge-read all of it), getting paypal on the phone in 4 hours on a Saturday, or anything else really. It was a fun read, thank you.

WB, It's nice to see a familiar face from way back. There are so few left these days.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
September 24, 2018, 09:21:02 PM
First post in some time.

I've spent the day looking at overpriced FPGAs and randomly ended up in this forum, an old love affair of mine, where I see chips digikey markets for 40k sold at 3k.

I'm not sure what is more crazy between what happened to this place in the last couple of years, how I missed out on all of it, Xilinx's margins on chips, the 90%+ discounts, 2112's memorable posts in this thread (I just binge-read all of it), getting paypal on the phone in 4 hours on a Saturday, or anything else really. It was a fun read, thank you.
September 24, 2018, 04:07:28 PM
Update: For everyone contacting FPGA.Land asking that your orders be transferred over to mineority. If your orders from the fpga.land store are not showing up in the mineority store, don't worry. We'll get it sorted out on our end. In addition, I will be on site to help make sure everyone's orders from the multiple portals are put together and everything everyone ordered gets correctly shipped. If you would like to order a water block or qsfp cables for your BCU-1525 you can do so on the mineority store here: https://store.mineority.io/sqrl/  -- Any orders for waterblocks or qsfp28 cables will be attached with your fpga.land orders Smiley

Note: We still have cards for sale that are in batch 1. It is expected that cards ordered now for batch 1 would be delivered by the end of October. If you haven't purchased a BCU-1525 but would like to you can order one  at the mineority store by following the URL below. If any units remain after we fulfill our paypal obligations, we will re-open paypal sales for batch 1 units.

https://store.mineority.io/sqrl/bcu1525/

Activity: 557
Merit: 5
September 20, 2018, 06:10:18 AM
UPDATE:

I'm currently operating our lyra2z design with 75W power consumption for 40Mh/s at 0.785v and No bad shares. It looks like we should be able to push this up to 70-80Mh/s (But will require a fair bit of work on our end, timeline unknown). In addition, I've noticed that a 7-8c decrease in inductor temperature (at 60-90c temperature ranges) translates to roughly a 5% decrease in power consumption. The colder the fpga and surrounding components are the less power they use and the harder you can push them. Novec, chilled water loops, and other exotic cooling are becoming more interesting by the day.

Hyped to receive my cards Smiley
Activity: 127
Merit: 1
http://fpgadeck.com/
September 19, 2018, 11:17:31 PM
UPDATE:

I'm currently operating our lyra2z design with 75W power consumption for 40Mh/s at 0.785v and No bad shares. It looks like we should be able to push this up to 70-80Mh/s (But will require a fair bit of work on our end, timeline unknown). In addition, I've noticed that a 7-8c decrease in inductor temperature (at 60-90c temperature ranges) translates to roughly a 5% decrease in power consumption. The colder the fpga and surrounding components are the less power they use and the harder you can push them. Novec, chilled water loops, and other exotic cooling are becoming more interesting by the day.

Good to hear! May I ask if you release that 40MHs bitstream to public. Very keen to try it.
September 19, 2018, 10:34:25 PM
UPDATE:

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
September 15, 2018, 06:07:00 PM
yeah its all good, im not worried mineority and sqrl is legit there is no doubt about that
September 15, 2018, 05:14:41 AM
I'm happy for you, but when do you expect to pay me back? You changed the status of my order but I received nothing from you.

nope.  Im on the spreadsheet apparently, so at least there seems to be a list of sorts

69% of crypto refunds have been sent out. 50% of wire / check refunds have been sent out. Dimouze, you're 5th on the list. 

legendary
September 14, 2018, 04:00:32 PM
Yeah just put yourselves on the waiting list if you are interested.  I cancelled one, still waiting for refund but it will come.  

have you had your refund??? Because I did not have anything

nope.  Im on the spreadsheet apparently, so at least there seems to be a list of sorts
copper member
Activity: 7
September 14, 2018, 04:44:50 AM
Update:

Our pre-production BCU-1525 units shipped from Xilinx today. Volume production to follow; Current expectations are to start shipping volume units in early Oct. Additional shipping updates expected to follow once we have more information on exact shipping dates. We're hopeful we'll be able to ship all orders before the end of October.

I'm happy for you, but when do you expect to pay me back? You changed the status of my order but I received nothing from you.
copper member
Activity: 7
September 14, 2018, 04:42:26 AM
Yeah just put yourselves on the waiting list if you are interested.  I cancelled one, still waiting for refund but it will come. 

have you had your refund??? Because I did not have anything
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
September 13, 2018, 02:29:54 PM

UPDATE:

We achieved 41Mh/s at 225W of power usage on Lyra2z today. The board operated for approximately 20 minutes before shutdown occurred. As reported by whitefire and others, the BMC disables the board when temperature exceeds configured shutdown temperatures. We were operating on a completely unmodified VCU-1525; it has no upgraded cooling or components like the BCU-1525 will have. We are confident enough in the hashrate now to report 40Mh/s as the shipped hashrate for lyra2z. There is still some room for some improvement and we may be able to achieve up to 60Mh/s.

I just sold a dell c4130 on ebay yesterday.  I wish I would have loaned it to you for testing instead.  It gets as loud as a banshee in heat but it would keep your card(s) cool indefinitely while you tested!

September 13, 2018, 02:13:57 PM
Update:

Our pre-production BCU-1525 units shipped from Xilinx today. Volume production to follow; Current expectations are to start shipping volume units in early Oct. Additional shipping updates expected to follow once we have more information on exact shipping dates. We're hopeful we'll be able to ship all orders before the end of October.
Activity: 350
Merit: 13
September 07, 2018, 06:28:35 PM
I'm interested in buying 1 unit of this FPGA Cryptominer card and found all buying options ran dry now, seeing  https://fpga.land/.

How can I buy it from you? (This is from South Korea.)  Is it still valid unit now or better, newer unit on the way soon?
(I have no cryptocurrencies yet.)

Thanks in advance.

There are two different FPGAs available for mining purpose:
BCU-1525 and CVP-13

https://store.mineority.io/
Activity: 6
Merit: 12
September 01, 2018, 01:47:49 PM
any updates?
legendary
September 07, 2018, 04:11:56 PM
Yeah just put yourselves on the waiting list if you are interested.  I cancelled one, still waiting for refund but it will come. 
Activity: 3
September 07, 2018, 02:57:28 PM
I'm interested in buying 1 unit of this FPGA Cryptominer card and found all buying options ran dry now, seeing  https://fpga.land/.

How can I buy it from you? (This is from South Korea.)  Is it still valid unit now or better, newer unit on the way soon?
(I have no cryptocurrencies yet.)

Thanks in advance.

September 04, 2018, 10:24:22 AM
In addition to the refund units we still have one large mine who ordered 665 boards and never paid for them. If you didn't get a chance to purchase in the first round there will be a large number of units available. I'll set the maximum order qty at 4 to give everyone a chance to purchase enough for chaining.

In other news, we're still hard at work on bitstreams. We've had some trouble with the lyra2z but we're slowly moving forward. We received some positive results this week indicating it may be possible to operate the engine as fast as 350mhz without any overclock. This would work out to a hashrate around 35Mh/s on lyra2z (8,8,8 -- not zcoin). We've also begun work on the PHI2 engine. Based on our lyra2z work it appears we should be able to achieve hashrates in the 100-150MH/s range.

Is Xilinx to ship partial BCUs, but do you know how many concrete it will be?

Also, are shipments given priority in the order number?

If I want for a refund from where can I apply?

Also, in case of refund in crypto, will it be refunded at the current price? Wink Wink Wink

1) We should have more information soon; it's still unclear at this point.
2) I discussed this briefly with David. We could fulfill all the small orders (1-8 units) and then some. We were also discussing a lottery. It's a moot point until we know if we will receive partial fulfillment.
3) If you ordered from fpga.land you can send an email to [email protected] to request a refund if you wish.
4) All orders are in USD. If you request a crypto refund you will be sent crypto at USD conversion rate at the time of the refund. (Yes)

it s been more than 2 weeks since I contacted you to get a refund of 2 VCU 1525 because the delivery time is too long and I still have nothing. When will you refund?

We've been processing refunds as fast as we can. We do have a large volume of them and as a group buy we did send all funds to Xilinx. We have a purchase for crypto pending that will be used to refund all of the crypto orders and bank orders who have requested crypto refund.

Pages:
Jump to: