Pages:
Author

Topic: ALLMINE INC - FPGA Cryptominer - page 9. (Read 51390 times)

copper member
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
September 04, 2018, 02:55:17 AM
In addition to the refund units we still have one large mine who ordered 665 boards and never paid for them. If you didn't get a chance to purchase in the first round there will be a large number of units available. I'll set the maximum order qty at 4 to give everyone a chance to purchase enough for chaining.

In other news, we're still hard at work on bitstreams. We've had some trouble with the lyra2z but we're slowly moving forward. We received some positive results this week indicating it may be possible to operate the engine as fast as 350mhz without any overclock. This would work out to a hashrate around 35Mh/s on lyra2z (8,8,8 -- not zcoin). We've also begun work on the PHI2 engine. Based on our lyra2z work it appears we should be able to achieve hashrates in the 100-150MH/s range.

Is Xilinx to ship partial BCUs, but do you know how many concrete it will be?

Also, are shipments given priority in the order number?

If I want for a refund from where can I apply?

Also, in case of refund in crypto, will it be refunded at the current price? Wink Wink Wink

1) We should have more information soon; it's still unclear at this point.
2) I discussed this briefly with David. We could fulfill all the small orders (1-8 units) and then some. We were also discussing a lottery. It's a moot point until we know if we will receive partial fulfillment.
3) If you ordered from fpga.land you can send an email to [email protected] to request a refund if you wish.
4) All orders are in USD. If you request a crypto refund you will be sent crypto at USD conversion rate at the time of the refund. (Yes)

it s been more than 2 weeks since I contacted you to get a refund of 2 VCU 1525 because the delivery time is too long and I still have nothing. When will you refund?
Activity: 1118
Merit: 541
September 04, 2018, 12:29:01 AM
When are you releasing the BitStream?

Once the cards start shipping. Possibly sooner for people who have VCU-1525 units.
Activity: 1
September 04, 2018, 12:12:49 AM
When are you releasing the BitStream?
Activity: 2
September 03, 2018, 08:35:52 PM
I am looking to buy around 8 FPGA cards for mining, does anyone have good advise? I do not have the mining software for it so I will need a full solution not just the cards.

thank you all
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
August 25, 2018, 08:05:42 PM
how many FPGAs Lyra2z can handle before the earnings drop? I remember there was a table on Zetheron website but I can't find it ...

According to whattomine.com the total Lyra2z hashrate is around 600 Gh/s. 5000 units at 60 Mh/s would add ~300 GH/s so this could reduce earnings per Mh/s by 30-40%.

Obviously it's not that simple. GPU miners might start to leave if profitability drops, coins might fork, etc.
Activity: 58
August 25, 2018, 06:52:59 PM
how many FPGAs Lyra2z can handle before the earnings drop? I remember there was a table on Zetheron website but I can't find it ...
Activity: 15
August 25, 2018, 01:26:46 AM

UPDATE:

We achieved 41Mh/s at 225W of power usage on Lyra2z today. The board operated for approximately 20 minutes before shutdown occurred. As reported by whitefire and others, the BMC disables the board when temperature exceeds configured shutdown temperatures. We were operating on a completely unmodified VCU-1525; it has no upgraded cooling or components like the BCU-1525 will have. We are confident enough in the hashrate now to report 40Mh/s as the shipped hashrate for lyra2z. There is still some room for some improvement and we may be able to achieve up to 60Mh/s.

WOW! These figures bring a smile on my face Smiley
August 25, 2018, 12:41:01 AM

UPDATE:

We achieved 41Mh/s at 225W of power usage on Lyra2z today. The board operated for approximately 20 minutes before shutdown occurred. As reported by whitefire and others, the BMC disables the board when temperature exceeds configured shutdown temperatures. We were operating on a completely unmodified VCU-1525; it has no upgraded cooling or components like the BCU-1525 will have. We are confident enough in the hashrate now to report 40Mh/s as the shipped hashrate for lyra2z. There is still some room for some improvement and we may be able to achieve up to 60Mh/s.

Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Colo - PBX - Server - IPv4 Broker - RemotePC - VPN
August 24, 2018, 03:23:18 PM
NR104 with an very modified VCU1525 - NR1525M which is much cooler then the BCU1525

Details: https://nocroom.com/fpga/   FB Page: fb.com/fpgamining
Activity: 708
Merit: 250
August 19, 2018, 03:46:52 AM
Sold out already?  Page says pre-order, Q4 delivery.

Just to clarify:

The entire 5000-piece run was sold out. Someone failed to pay for a large order.
Those units (approximately 800, originally) are now available on https://store.mineority.io. AllMine (fpga.land) is no longer processing orders. You can also go to http://squirrelsresearch.com, where you'll be redirected to the mineority.io site. AllMine, Squirrels Research, and Mineority have effectively partnered on this deal.
Some units are also available on https://blackbox.cat, who is also a part of their team in some way.

Anyone else offering BCU-1525s is not an authorized re-seller, and likely a scam - they're popping up on a daily basis.

110% right.

Anyone else offering BCU1525 are only middlemen that want to take their cut on the processs.

On that large order, around 650 bcu where not paid.. add to that the people who wanted a refund since there is this waiting list we have to go on that arent in control of xininx hands...

But honestly, the squirrel team handle the best they can toward that situation, and I saw way more scam in the past to tell that they are a legit team that are ''attacking'' the next future. Let's do it.
Activity: 254
Merit: 11
Call 811 before you dig
August 18, 2018, 10:06:24 AM

Just to clarify:

The entire 5000-piece run was sold out. Someone failed to pay for a large order.
Those units (approximately 800, originally) are now available on https://store.mineority.io. AllMine (fpga.land) is no longer processing orders. You can also go to http://squirrelsresearch.com, where you'll be redirected to the mineority.io site. AllMine, Squirrels Research, and Mineority have effectively partnered on this deal.
Some units are also available on https://blackbox.cat, who is also a part of their team in some way.

Anyone else offering BCU-1525s is not an authorized re-seller, and likely a scam - they're popping up on a daily basis.
Activity: 8
August 18, 2018, 09:53:30 AM
August 17, 2018, 02:01:19 PM
I just processed the paypal refunds -- So far we're looking at about 800 boards that we'll reopen sales on later in the month. (only about 150 of those were refund requests, the others were someone who never paid) If you ordered from fpga.land and would like to request a refund you can send an email to [email protected] requesting it. We'll process them ASAP. If you didn't get a chance to purchase a board you will again be able to. You can register on the website at https://fpga.land/ and we'll send out a mass email when sales reopen. We're waiting for Xilinx to give us firm delivery timelines and we will update everyone when we know more.

That is great news as I missed the first round. Smiley

Sales are open now over at http://squirrelsresearch.com/bcu-1525/

Activity: 434
Merit: 52
August 17, 2018, 08:53:51 AM
I just processed the paypal refunds -- So far we're looking at about 800 boards that we'll reopen sales on later in the month. (only about 150 of those were refund requests, the others were someone who never paid) If you ordered from fpga.land and would like to request a refund you can send an email to [email protected] requesting it. We'll process them ASAP. If you didn't get a chance to purchase a board you will again be able to. You can register on the website at https://fpga.land/ and we'll send out a mass email when sales reopen. We're waiting for Xilinx to give us firm delivery timelines and we will update everyone when we know more.

That is great news as I missed the first round. Smiley
August 11, 2018, 07:37:24 AM

Activity: 48
Merit: 4
August 08, 2018, 09:10:43 PM
look on the bright side, as some pre-order owners drop out and request refunds, this will open up doors for people waiting in line to get a crack at owning one or a few cards.  Wink

the situation is unfortunate however it will benefit some into the game.
August 08, 2018, 02:57:04 AM
In addition to the refund units we still have one large mine who ordered 665 boards and never paid for them. If you didn't get a chance to purchase in the first round there will be a large number of units available. I'll set the maximum order qty at 4 to give everyone a chance to purchase enough for chaining.

In other news, we're still hard at work on bitstreams. We've had some trouble with the lyra2z but we're slowly moving forward. We received some positive results this week indicating it may be possible to operate the engine as fast as 350mhz without any overclock. This would work out to a hashrate around 35Mh/s on lyra2z (8,8,8 -- not zcoin). We've also begun work on the PHI2 engine. Based on our lyra2z work it appears we should be able to achieve hashrates in the 100-150MH/s range.

Also, in case of refund in crypto, will it be refunded at the current price? Wink Wink Wink

1) We should have more information soon; it's still unclear at this point.
2) I discussed this briefly with David. We could fulfill all the small orders (1-8 units) and then some. We were also discussing a lottery. It's a moot point until we know if we will receive partial fulfillment.
3) If you ordered from fpga.land you can send an email to [email protected] to request a refund if you wish.
4) All orders are in USD. If you request a crypto refund you will be sent crypto at USD conversion rate at the time of the refund. (Yes)

Activity: 195
Merit: 15
August 08, 2018, 01:22:32 AM
I have contacted already these guys ( Ireland somewhere ) - they have answered my first email but when i have said i want to send somebody in person to collect as the amount is substantial - no answer so far ... also the address they give is some dead road in a village ... without exact number ... so all points to either scam or people who want to pre-order and collect the money first and then pay for the order they have placed and make a quick buck - everyone can do the same so i do not think it is going to work anyways.

I really would like to know when these FPGA will come to Europe - lets organize something - guys from AllMine - suggestions how we can do that ? Obviously no one can collect money enough to order 1000 pcs - so at least you should appoint somebody in Europe to be your representative and to post it officially so the people know who to trust .
Otherwise shipping everything one by one from USA or China is going to be expensive for anybody ...  

We offered worldwide delivery with our batch. If you missed out you'll need to wait for the next batch.

Is the next batch still promised for December 2018? Will there be any improvements/upgrades to the board making it a "version 2" or will it be completely the same?
How about being realistic here ?
They are already late for the first batch... What do you expect ? There wont probably even be a second batch

When I talked about the next batch I always said 2019. It's not clear at all what the actual time frames would be. There's also the bittware board which is sometime in 2018 but as of present it's not clear if we're going to be selling that board. I'm still waiting on meetings with Bittware.

The next batch will not be the same board.

I'm still pushing Xilinx for an August delivery date even if it's just a partial delivery.

August 07, 2018, 09:01:34 PM
I missed the first batch, so I just bought some more Xilinx shares while waiting for the next generation. It's probably going to take a long time for a new FPGA with significant power boost to be released, but it's fine... I won't support the resellers who took miners' position in the preorder queue and now are trying to add a ton of profit on top of the cards.

We have a number of refund requests we're processing. We'll be reselling those orders later in the month.

August 07, 2018, 08:57:14 PM
I have contacted already these guys ( Ireland somewhere ) - they have answered my first email but when i have said i want to send somebody in person to collect as the amount is substantial - no answer so far ... also the address they give is some dead road in a village ... without exact number ... so all points to either scam or people who want to pre-order and collect the money first and then pay for the order they have placed and make a quick buck - everyone can do the same so i do not think it is going to work anyways.

I really would like to know when these FPGA will come to Europe - lets organize something - guys from AllMine - suggestions how we can do that ? Obviously no one can collect money enough to order 1000 pcs - so at least you should appoint somebody in Europe to be your representative and to post it officially so the people know who to trust .
Otherwise shipping everything one by one from USA or China is going to be expensive for anybody ...  

We offered worldwide delivery with our batch. If you missed out you'll need to wait for the next batch.

Is the next batch still promised for December 2018? Will there be any improvements/upgrades to the board making it a "version 2" or will it be completely the same?
How about being realistic here ?
They are already late for the first batch... What do you expect ? There wont probably even be a second batch

When I talked about the next batch I always said 2019. It's not clear at all what the actual time frames would be. There's also the bittware board which is sometime in 2018 but as of present it's not clear if we're going to be selling that board. I'm still waiting on meetings with Bittware.

The next batch will not be the same board.

I'm still pushing Xilinx for an August delivery date even if it's just a partial delivery.
Pages:
Jump to: