Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 54. (Read 529056 times)

legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

In regards to our ongoing court dispute we must first state as per our cancellation policy it has been over 5 months since you placed your order therefore you are no longer eligible for a refund. [...]

They seriously specified a cut-off point of no refund in the event of a cancellation....knowing full well the inherent nature of ASIC development and the nearly guaranteed delays?  

Crooks.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10

We are under extreme financial pressure and to expect anything higher this late in the process is not realistic as the funds aren't there and to be perfectly blunt we may not be by December.

Finally an honest and true statement from Alfa-Sprouts Tech
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
What a bunch of scammers. They cant treat it as b2b if you didnt order the miners as a company. It doesnt matter what you buy. Maybe mining cryptocurrencies is a business practice, but buying a miner is not and a retail customer can do it.
AT knows they cant win in court and are sending those emails hoping people are lazy or scared enough not to sue them.
Activity: 84
(I am using normally another account here on forums)

This is what i have received recently, have anyone of you also received such e-mail?

Hello there,

In regards to our ongoing court dispute we must first state as per our cancellation policy it has been over 5 months since you placed your order therefore you are no longer eligible for a refund. Please note we have been very clear and open with our terms of order, it was released as a news update, it is easily available on our website and you are urged to view it on the product page before you order. The DSR only applies to consumers and you are a business customer with us. I can assure you that our legal matters are dealt with by a leading law firm in the UK. Our terms of order are completely legal in the UK. It was typed up by solicitors who specialize in this area of law. They have advised us that all our customers will be legally classed as businesses for many reasons, one being that the hardware we are selling can only be used for mining cryptocurrencies which is a business practice according to UK law. So we assure you we have done our research on this; we wouldn't be having this discussion if we were breaking the law. Having said that we, and we're sure you feel the same way, would like to avoid having to go to court; this would avoid you having to travel to the UK, pay court fees and having to wait until December in hopes of a refund.
So to save both our time we would like to settle this now, we want to refund you %65 (leaving the vast majority of your funds with you and only %35 for us to pay for the expenses of your order) of your total payment as a gesture of goodwill. Please understand this has been no small undertaking and the vast majority of the funds have now gone into the production of these devices as was the point of this project which was clear from the start. We are under extreme financial pressure and to expect anything higher this late in the process is not realistic as the funds aren't there and to be perfectly blunt we may not be by December.

If you agree to this as a full and final settlement please advise. Your refund will be issued both via PayPal and bank transfer. For an international bank we will need an IBAN and/or an account number (please ensure it is not your local bank account number but the longer one used for international transfer), a swift code and/or your banks address, your account name and address. Please try to provide all or as much of this information as possible in case we run into any issues to save us from having to email again to ask for it. For a UK bank we will only need your account number, sort code, your account name and address.

Regards,

Alpha Technology

If you have any thoughts on strategy, please write me a PM.
Activity: 119
We're finally having success!

Meet us over at http://fightalpha.net if you want to see your refund Smiley

Is something wrong with this website? Has it been destroyed by Alpha Tech?

Website still works for me. They can't even operate a telephone, much less knock a website offline.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

Is something wrong with this website? Has it been destroyed by Alpha Tech?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

Why does that resolve to Etsy?  lol
Activity: 40

Activity: 2
Here is the information showing that I did indeed get a reversal and full refund from PayPal for the 30% down payment I initially paid to Alpha-t.  I hope this helps you all get your money back. 
My original payment to Alpha-t was on Jan 4, 2014.
PayPal reversed this payment for me on Oct 3, 2014
My name is:  Randal Shoup
Reversal (Unique Transaction ID # 55H06240T7828644W)
See related 6YU14735AK051702W  ( This was my original Jan 4 purchase ID.)

Original Transaction
 Date                   Type                                                      Status        Details                                                                     
 Jan 4, 2014   Payment To Alpha Technology (int) Ltd      Reversed      PayPal reversed this payment and returned the money to your PayPal account.     Amount -£405.00 GBP

Related Transactions
 Oct 3, 2014   Reversal    Completed    ...   £405.00 GBP
 Oct 3, 2014   Currency Conversion    Completed    Details   -£405.00 GBP
 Oct 3, 2014   Currency Conversion    Completed    Details   $629.87 USD

Business Name:   
Alpha Technology (int) Ltd
Email: [email protected]

If this was helpful to you and you want to make a BTC donation:

1PEkPx2o6uXABysUjLJFeFkabFyhTrgbDB

Thanks
These miners won't even pay back VAT and import duties (around 32% total for most EU countries) by the time they will be delivered.
So it's cheaper to write off your investment than to have these miners deliverd to your home address.
Even if you already paid in full...
Had AT delivered on July 15, you could have made at least half your investment back.

Yep, thats the reason y i am not taking the package.
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
These miners won't even pay back VAT and import duties (around 32% total for most EU countries) by the time they will be delivered.
So it's cheaper to write off your investment than to have these miners deliverd to your home address.
Had AT delivered on July 15, you could have made at least half your investment back.

What a pathetic situation.
Activity: 23
Potential of this miner : $22 to $30 per day after electricity.
Miner cost: $8681
When difficulty changes per day coins will be lower and lower.
Now the big question is, whether this miner will ever ROI or atleast Breakeven.
And the straightforward answer is 'NEVER'

This has been the answer for 6 months at least.
Potential of this miner : $22 to $30 per day after electricity.
Miner cost: $8681
When difficulty changes per day coins will be lower and lower.
Now the big question is, whether this miner will ever ROI or atleast Breakeven.
And the straightforward answer is 'NEVER'
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
i am in the netherlands, orders within europe do not have import dutys, but it does have 21% "btw" tax
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
who cares where they are assembled. as long as i get it and dont pay import tax.

i ordered with a UK company so i do NOT pay import tax

I'm presuming you're in the UK. I don't know the laws very well, but it will be shipped from outside of the UK. I know for US customers they will face roughly a 10% import/customs fee. Not sure if the UK will bypass it since it's being overseen by a UK company. Good luck though, and let everyone know what happens.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
who cares where they are assembled. as long as i get it and dont pay import tax.

i ordered with a UK company so i do NOT pay import tax
Activity: 770
chips made 14(40)

Week 40   September 29, 2014 to October 5, 2014

Last photo Taken on a sony experia  on 10/10/2014 13:54

first two pictures taken on iphone 4  today here.

138, Kodihalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560008, India

GPS Latitude   12.959692 degrees N
GPS Longitude   77.646972 degrees E
GPS Altitude   906.5 m Above Sea Level

what are you talking about,how do you know that, and how is that relevant?

just check the metadata of the photos.
I'm really getting curious now when they will have their first test miner built.
And the real stats like hashing power and Watts will be a big question till then.
Not to mention the heat problem, I'm afraid these Vipers will catch fire within an hour or make more noise than a Boeing 747 taking off...

What makes you think like than? Any base?
Activity: 616
I'm really getting curious now when they will have their first test miner built.
And the real stats like hashing power and Watts will be a big question till then.
Not to mention the heat problem, I'm afraid these Vipers will catch fire within an hour or make more noise than a Boeing 747 taking off...

Not too worried about heat, based on other high-hashing designs I've seen in action. I'd be worried that it works, that they have the firmware proper, and there are no import/customs issues.
Pages:
Jump to: