Pages:
Author

Topic: Already lost 50% of my capital - page 34. (Read 7192 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
November 29, 2017, 09:04:06 PM
Then lose remaining 50% and finally be free!
Just kidding.

Pretty sure you anyway have big profit in USD.
Activity: 616
Merit: 256
November 29, 2017, 09:01:20 PM
You are still lucky enough that what you lost in trading is only 50% since May, it is still manageable  and able to correct all your mistakes and learn some lesson from it. Trading in altcoins is quite riskier if you didn't know and have little knowledge about their market potential. My best advice is to invest the top 5 altcoins and wait for another months for gain, all top 5 altcoins are bullish in this month until 1st quarter of 2018.
Activity: 490
Merit: 105
November 29, 2017, 08:45:53 PM
Hello guys. I just want to ask for your opinion or an advice.
I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.

First time I lost all my deposit trading mainly altcoins for few months. I lost it, because i couldn't control my emotions and greed. I often didn't have enought patience to make research about coin and situation on the market before buying. I watched how all coins grow and thought that researching is waste of time. That was my major mistakes.
Activity: 700
Merit: 254
November 29, 2017, 08:30:29 PM
Perhaps you do not have very clear the concept of holding vs. Trading.
If you hold, just check the coin every now and then and keep it till your set deadline. I hope you have chosen a robust coin. If you trade, have targets. Set your profit and stop. Don’t be greedy in green scenarios. This will help to minimise your losses in case the market goes against you.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
November 29, 2017, 08:05:02 PM
I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.

In my trading, i have some loss and profit too. If i calculate i think i have a little more profit.
So i could not give you good suggestion since i am not so good too.
May i know what coin you trade?
I suggest to choose coin that has high marketcap and mean its popular coin then you can reduce the lost.
Second, make sure dont buy any coin in the top. Dont think the price will continue without correction.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
November 29, 2017, 07:53:51 PM
I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.
I also lost 80% of my capital after joining the crypto for 2 months. I also started with Bittrex. But I trade the whole capital loss. Currently I have gained some capital and interest. My experience is that if you have large capital, please trade on sites such as Bittrex, Poloniex ... If your capital is not large then you should trade on smaller sites like Cryptopia, Novaexchange, Coinexchange, Yobit, Hitbtc. These commercial pages have a small volume that is less affected by market fluctuations.
That's really a good advice.One more thing.Since you are a newbie,i guess that you would have bought more new released coins on seeing their prices surging high.Am i right?Actually,they are just getting pumped and unknowing this,you would have bought it and would have sold it at very less price when they all got dumped.So,set a profit margin of 5% to 10% so that you could finish the trade once target achieved and you may avoid losses.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
November 29, 2017, 07:30:30 PM

do not take advice or opinion from people as if it were a guaranteed strategy

I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital 

if you bought the coins in May, why did not you sell them all in July? most of the altcoins began to fall from the end of July

siacoin rise to 700 satoshi and then fell to 322 satoshi and I bought and sold in the 370 satoshi.
current price of siacoin 63 satoshi

even ETH was at 0.07 btc as well as Neo that was at 0.006 btc, lisk was 0.0016 btc, many people still hold their coins because they do not want to have losses, but currencies like siacoin and some others that have fallen, I think they did not rise again

Some coins are still in hold.

So, tell us which coins you have?

These 2 coin are the one very sick, now I'm still holding them.
BAT = which I bought at 12k sats , already 87% loss at this time
RDD = which I bought at 124 sats , already 97% loss at this time

Before that, I have many bought altcoins before that I sold it in loss (some are 50% loss) , just to buy again other altcoins.

These altcoins, are I just bought last month and some are this month, most of them are still in loss.
STRAT
NEO
XMR
LSK

I just realized my wrong, because way back before, I just buying and buying because of the hype and some are I'm buying it and hold for long term.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
November 29, 2017, 06:50:30 PM
I don'tknow in which currencies you investment, but such results are really negative. My recommendation not to wait for long and to move your investments in more perspective bitcoin, litecoin, etherum, bitcoin cash and so on, you know, into the most discussed coins. New coins are appearing everyday and this ruin people's investments and their expectations. Invest in trusted things. Here on the forum you can find all the information about all perspective alts and to hear all gossips about their future. I believe this strategy will help you to go out from the minus and finally get some profit.
Activity: 210
Merit: 12
November 29, 2017, 06:46:21 PM

What you have been done since May? could you explain more about your encounter, I am sorry to ask you recall some seely moments.
But just want learn from you, what a series decission have you made in the last few months, and what ICO or cryptocurenies you have been joined?
Thanks for you sharing!!
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
November 29, 2017, 06:38:11 PM
I think you have bought some shitcoins and you are now holding them like babies. Also you might have bought some coins when they are pumping hard and are below your buy price because every pump is followed by a dump/correction.

Try to make early exit during pump and buy coins during dumps.
if it's for Bitcoin, then it's really necessary to wait for it to go down a few indicators and then it will be possible to buy Bitcoin safely, because we have already seen what highs there are to date. I think that investments in Bitcoin will always be justified ..
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
November 29, 2017, 03:41:18 PM
Damn, thats bad, you ever use stop losses? Its a good way to cut losses, I usually set mine to sell around 10% loss.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1006
November 29, 2017, 02:27:29 PM
I think you have bought some shitcoins and you are now holding them like babies. Also you might have bought some coins when they are pumping hard and are below your buy price because every pump is followed by a dump/correction.

Try to make early exit during pump and buy coins during dumps.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
November 29, 2017, 02:18:34 PM
My advice is for you to pull out your money as early as you can and stop trading for a while. Since you obviously lack experience in trading what you can do best is try to study technical analysis which is one of the needed things in order for you to survive trading. Asking advice right now about what to buy and sell without you doing your own research might hurt you financially as these kind of advoce is often given with personal bias.
Activity: 966
Merit: 506
November 29, 2017, 02:13:31 PM
Thank you guys for those kind of words. Starting now, I starting to study about the charts or candles. So maybe for me as starter with low capital, may I start in some minors exchanges? Not like bittrex? what do you think guys?
There's no need to start on different exchanges but if that's what you prefer then go. I think the mistake here is on how you execute your trading strategy you have to make a change on how you pick the coins you like to trade.

My first trading experience also started with a loss but I immediately change things before my loss started to pile up.

Loss in trading is not a big thing to regret or give up. Almost everyone in trading business experience a loss. There is no trader out there who can say that he has never experience a loss in trading.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
November 29, 2017, 01:48:39 PM
May I know which coins you bought? Because then only we can analyse and tell whether those coins have future or not. And you can use any good site no problem Bittrex is one of the best site to do trading.

This is exactly how the trading in crypto market works.You don't have good luck always and without knowledge and market analysis you can't succeed in this line.You might have invested in company with very low potential otherwise you cannot losse  that much amount.So invest in good coins that have almost 60-70% return with short time.Don't loose rest of your soft cash instead transfer to some other coins and learn more about how to trade by tutorials on YouTube and with experience you can get on the path.

We need the luck to make money, but here lack of experience made him to lose money.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
November 29, 2017, 11:22:55 AM
Thank you guys for those kind of words. Starting now, I starting to study about the charts or candles. So maybe for me as starter with low capital, may I start in some minors exchanges? Not like bittrex? what do you think guys?

It doesn't really matter which exchange you choose, it won't change the fact whether you can trade or not.
As long as you pick a secure and trusted exchange, you should be fine.

You're right about needing to study more, there are a lot of good video's on Youtube that will explain all the technical aspects in a way even a beginner can understand.

Chris Dunn has a couple of really interesting tutorials about trading on his Youtube channel, check him out.
Activity: 336
Merit: 112
November 29, 2017, 10:30:43 AM
You didn't give us any idea of how big or small that loss is, so let's assume that 50% is a huge amount. If that's the case you better practice trading demo first, just to giive you an insight of how the market generally moves. Although if you started in May, 7 months should have been enough to know this. If you still want to continue, I suggest starting small with the top coins.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
November 29, 2017, 10:22:32 AM
This is exactly how the trading in crypto market works.You don't have good luck always and without knowledge and market analysis you can't succeed in this line.You might have invested in company with very low potential otherwise you cannot losse  that much amount.So invest in good coins that have almost 60-70% return with short time.Don't loose rest of your soft cash instead transfer to some other coins and learn more about how to trade by tutorials on YouTube and with experience you can get on the path.
Activity: 420
Merit: 282
November 29, 2017, 10:17:10 AM

I think you made mistake choosing coins to hold, because if your criteria to choose coin is holding the most cheap price coin in crypto I think it was not correct. Because not all cheap price coins are given a break like bitcoin, sometimes it was lower cost because this coin are not healthy to digital currency. Or else the coin you chose are in dying stage.

I also lost 80% of my capital after joining the crypto for 2 months. I also started with Bittrex. But I trade the whole capital loss. Currently I have gained some capital and interest. My experience is that if you have large capital, please trade on sites such as Bittrex, Poloniex ... If your capital is not large then you should trade on smaller sites like Cryptopia, Novaexchange, Coinexchange, Yobit, Hitbtc. These commercial pages have a small volume that is less affected by market fluctuations.

Maybe just observed first the fluctuation of each coins before invest, also review the history of coins you want you invest. Sometimes we always believed to our hunch before invest but I think it was not enough as basis. Moreover if we do that, the possibility to earn income is so low or else you can't incurred income.

Honestly even any exchange you used like BITTREX, Cryptopia, Yobit and etc. you can't earned income if you always wear your greediness. Maybe you need to think about the movement of all coins in the market before you invest, to assure that in return you will achieve the amount you wanted.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
November 29, 2017, 10:16:29 AM
For the start you need:
- hard money management rules
- discipline
- an actual, tested, consistent, positive edge

The risk is coming from not knowing what you are doing.

If you can't say yes to the above facts, you will just lose money over time.
Pages:
Jump to: