Pages:
Author

Topic: Already lost 50% of my capital - page 36. (Read 7192 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
November 29, 2017, 03:33:45 AM
you are losing money because you are not trading altcoins you are buying and holding them! that doesn't make much sense to be honest. altcoins are known to drop specially when you buy them after their pumps, in other words when you buy into their bubbles like what you did back in May.

a word of advice: learn about stop loss.
it can save your money a lot. and also more importantly try to invest only in those that have some real potential for rise not those that have already risen more than their potential. and then you have to remember to sell them to get the profit out before they start dropping.
Activity: 697
Merit: 520
November 29, 2017, 03:32:15 AM
Hello guys. I just want to ask for your opinion or an advice.
I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.

You're paying your tuition. All new traders need to do it. When I started trading 4.5 years ago, I immediately bought into the top of a bull trap and lost half my trading capital. And I did it in literally a couple days. This sort of entry into the market is inevitable.

Are you improving? What is your system? There are two primary keys to trading: 1) Risk management: What is the risk (stop loss) vs. expected reward (target price) of each trade? You should be aiming for 3:1 reward to risk or better. If you're not using stop losses, that might be another problem.

2) Probability: What are your setups? You can't just blindly enter markets. Buy the dip when the trend is up. Close your long when the market is buying/exuberant. Wait for a correction to enter leveraged longs. Don't fomo. A big problem that new traders have is entering without a plan. If you buy into a market that has already risen 100% over a short period of time, it might go higher in the short term but there is a good chance you could have found a much better entry (e.g. during a consolidation or after a dip).
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
November 29, 2017, 03:13:34 AM
Before buying, study the coin (technology, demand, news background). No need to get greedy got profit recorded. Do not sell coins in minus wait. Do not trade for the entire deposit, allocate 5-10%.
Activity: 224
Merit: 9
Bitcoinus Community Manager
November 29, 2017, 03:06:19 AM
I have found, that investing in BTC and ETH was more profitable for me, than trading so far. Trading I have lost over 50%. Investing and reselling - buying back at highs/dips I have gained 70%, so I am 20% better off. Thus I ceased trading and concentrated on investment and occasional exits-buy backs.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
November 29, 2017, 02:48:03 AM
you should be able to restrain yourself and also prepare the whole of your defeat. you should be able to return the coins you have lost, of course with a better scenario and your ability. so that in the future you can benefit continuously no longer lost.
Merit: 11
November 29, 2017, 02:35:33 AM
Thank you guys for those kind of words. Starting now, I starting to study about the charts or candles. So maybe for me as starter with low capital, may I start in some minors exchanges? Not like bittrex? what do you think guys?
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
November 28, 2017, 11:13:11 PM
If you started May and you have lost 50% of your capital invested, that means you are not doing something right! What is your objective for trading? Are you flipping in short term bases or you are a value holder. If you don't know what to do at the moment, I will advice you buy bitcoin and hold!
Activity: 364
Merit: 107
November 28, 2017, 11:07:17 PM
I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.

First try to assess the coins that you are holding. Does your coin have a potential to be big in the near future, if yes then just hold your coin. If not then just change it to btc or eth and hold it.  Also while holding your coin if you still want to do more trading then educate yourself more. Do more research about charts.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
November 28, 2017, 11:04:02 PM
I started trading since May 2017. I calculated all my loss, I already lost 50% of my capital  Sad. Some coins are still in hold.
I just want to ask what can you give to me an advice or any learnings  about trading. I'm using bittrex.

i advice with you mate wait the price pump 10 percent interest is enough to sell your coins do not wait higher price interest because is very risky have time the coins straight dip dump into the hole.
Activity: 84
November 28, 2017, 11:02:53 PM

1. You need to stop trading now.
2. You should trade demo until you have good and steady profit with demo then back to real trade.

Btw, which coins are still in hold? You hold buy ro sell trades?

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
November 28, 2017, 10:09:31 PM
Trading is not very easy job particularly if you don't know how this crypto market works.

If you bought good coins then it is not a loss unless you already sold those coins. I suggest you can average down your prices by buying some more of them and hold for prices to go up again. But it all depends on what kind of coins you traded.

Another suggestion if your new to crypto trading then just buy only those top performing coins or just Bitcoin whenever there is some correction and sell at a profit or just hold them for long-term to make a profit.
Activity: 53
November 28, 2017, 10:02:20 PM
I also lost 80% of my capital after joining the crypto for 2 months. I also started with Bittrex. But I trade the whole capital loss. Currently I have gained some capital and interest. My experience is that if you have large capital, please trade on sites such as Bittrex, Poloniex ... If your capital is not large then you should trade on smaller sites like Cryptopia, Novaexchange, Coinexchange, Yobit, Hitbtc. These commercial pages have a small volume that is less affected by market fluctuations.
Merit: 11
November 28, 2017, 09:46:05 PM
Pages:
Jump to: