Pages:
Author

Topic: AMT fucks us over again - page 34. (Read 44813 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
May 08, 2014, 09:59:13 PM
so glad we got our refund. what a mess.

Awesome that you got a refund.....that is the equivalent of stepping to the side as the shit hits the fan...bravo Cheesy also your experience in getting a refund sets a precedent that they should be issuing refunds and were discriminatory in who they issued them to. A huge legal mess they are in now with that.

Here's the thing though,  he got his refund because someone else paid for his unit. 

Which means that AMT will refund you, IF they have the money.   I don't think they have the money.

This type of business model is name after an Italian gentlemen.

Sure sounds like AMT is very shortly going to find out that there is no legal definition for an investomer.  A person is either a customer or an investor and it likely won't be long until AMT finds out the legal rights and the legal recourse for each class of person are VERY different.

Because we gave them money and expected a return on that investment....which is what ROI literally is....and is covered under the MPP...it can easily be argued that we are investors in the company and as such AMT would have a fiduciary duty to provide us with the increase or break even of said investment. Interesting point.....and might be cause for yet another case seeing as the class action covers other aspects of product misrepresentation. As far as it being a Ponzi scheme.....technically its not....I say that because they actually do provide a product flawed and misrepresented as it is, it is indeed a physical product. BUT the investomer concept AND the fact that they refer to giving us an ROI via the MPP they pretty much opened up to the fact that we are in fact investors. It could be argued that way at least in a courtroom with relative ease. But I don't think the current complaint covers that. 

The Ponzi comment was sort of a joke, they are obviously not running a true ponzi, but it's resemblance to one is uncanny.

I really don't think any of these manufacture's want to argue in court or anywhere else they were selling investments.   They are in enough of a shit storm already I doubt they want to get into SEC target range as well.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
May 08, 2014, 09:35:21 PM

Awesome that you got a refund.....that is the equivalent of stepping to the side as the shit hits the fan...bravo Cheesy also your experience in getting a refund sets a precedent that they should be issuing refunds and were discriminatory in who they issued them to. A huge legal mess they are in now with that.

Here's the thing though,  he got his refund because someone else paid for his unit. 

Which means that AMT will refund you, IF they have the money.   I don't think they have the money.

Sure sounds like AMT is very shortly going to find out that there is no legal definition for an investomer.  A person is either a customer or an investor and it likely won't be long until AMT finds out the legal rights and the legal recourse for each class of person are VERY different.

Because we gave them money and expected a return on that investment....which is what ROI literally is....and is covered under the MPP...it can easily be argued that we are investors in the company and as such AMT would have a fiduciary duty to provide us with the increase or break even of said investment. Interesting point.....and might be cause for yet another case seeing as the class action covers other aspects of product misrepresentation. As far as it being a Ponzi scheme.....technically its not....I say that because they actually do provide a product flawed and misrepresented as it is, it is indeed a physical product. BUT the investomer concept AND the fact that they refer to giving us an ROI via the MPP they pretty much opened up to the fact that we are in fact investors. It could be argued that way at least in a courtroom with relative ease. But I don't think the current complaint covers that. 

I would have to disagree here, mining hardware is equipment, it isn't an investment asset.   You don't buy mining hardware in the hope you can sell it at a higher price.  In fact, mining hardware depreciates extremely rapidly.

The severest crime I can think of here is federal wire fraud.  Goods where sold without any intention of delivery.

In fact, if you can prove that AMT never had a 1.2 THs that could be delivered, then you can make the case that there was never any intent to deliver.    The key evidence here is the complete absence of a 6 board backplane.  That is the smoking gun in my opinion.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
May 08, 2014, 09:20:10 PM

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
May 08, 2014, 09:09:05 PM

May 08, 2014, 08:44:08 PM

Yeah, it was an order transfer. I don't think eightcylinders is too happy with his choice now.

That sucks. Well today has come and gone. I don't imagine there will be any announcement tonight. Figure I may as well keep this thread up so no potential customers can wonder. I really was hoping they were turning a corner but its just more of the same crap. But since they are still making promises they can't or won't keep or communicate correct info, we cannot be held accountable for our reaction to their negligent and irresponsible communications to us.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
May 08, 2014, 06:33:47 PM

Yeah, it was an order transfer. I don't think eightcylinders is too happy with his choice now.
legendary
Activity: 868
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
May 08, 2014, 05:33:32 PM

May 08, 2014, 04:43:54 PM

May 08, 2014, 03:21:58 PM
After settlement they will do their homework and ship the crap with all papers inside.
Forum and pictures are proof but will the be good enough for court?
As I said do not deal again with dishonest liars. It is not about money or miners it about general principles. That is what I think...

Yea the photos are....especially as they will be coming from multiple sources. Its the whole 3 witnesses rule. If one person comes at them with a broken miner.....then it can be questions....2 less. But considering that pretty much everyone who had it shipped had problems at different levels and even I had issues with a broken miner. I documented the errors and various problems with mine before they died. But it is valid in court. And if the case went to trial it would work in our favor in a much larger way. But for now a settlement works. Under terms of whatever settlement they would need to correct whatever practices led to this mess. That is just a general part of it. But yea we wont have to do business with them int he future and this could be the end of it for them if they cant turn it around. I like to think they just messed up royally and it seems like that. Its too poorly organized IMO to be a scam. If it is a scam its the worst one ever done as they actually had to produce a product.

I get what you are saying about general principles....but sadly principles in this situation won't get us our money back or miners. In this its about getting justice which is getting what we paid for and them honoring their words. BUT the after effect here in this is now AMT's brand is damaged because of their actions and inactions. Call it karma or whatever principle you believe in for that. They messed with our money and they messed with our time, and this is the result. 
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
May 08, 2014, 03:01:49 PM
legendary
Activity: 1610
May 08, 2014, 03:01:11 PM
After settlement they will do their homework and ship the crap with all papers inside.
Forum and pictures are proof but will the be good enough for court?
As I said do not deal again with dishonest liars. It is not about money or miners it about general principles. That is what I think...

May 08, 2014, 02:46:23 PM
The real problem is that it will be very hard to prove if crap was doa, damaged during shiping or you the customers burn it. If you happen to go to court to prove that Zipkin is delivering more that 1:10 crap,it will be an easy win for Zipkin if you follow me.
And poserkoto will get out clean. So every settlement whit option different from refund is a pure 10000% loss
That is what Zipkin is waiting for  statement with promises for extra hashing power.....
You are the ones who have winning position because amt broke all possible laws but after the settlement you are gona loose because you will never be able to prove that the crap was doa. You will rma it Zipkin wil change it according to always and so on.....
Think twice before settle with amt scam

Actually with the class action the photos these forums and various emails and complaints....its all we need. There is a paper trail. Fact is he also didn't go through all the pre-requisite paperwork to get us those DIY kits as well. There were promises of additional hardware that we still don't have. Even in the smallest detail its easy to address. Fact that what was advertised was not what we got on alot of levels AMT cannot get away with it. If AMT ships us a second set of lemons the court will come at him hard. Jail time hard. And if they don't there are plenty of other agencies ready to take a crack at this (I and a couple other users already have the ear of these agencies). Believe me if we get screwed again it wont go well. There are a couple of other people on this forum as well as myself who are as well connected in matters of law enforcement. Collectively we have alot more resources.....I haven't said anything until now because its a nuclear option and I dont like to threaten I just act. And I am patient. But not stupid. I know people want this guy in jail or whatever....but to be honest most people who want that don't have a financial stake in this. It does us no good.....what we want are results. Miners or money back. Plain and simple. If we get what we paid for (also honoring the MPP as that is also covered in the complaint) then the matter is closed. Not interested in extending this drama. Getting him jailed will not help. It will only make things worse. Sure he goes to jail....his assets and AMT's get liquidated and sold off to make the money for restitution for us....that will take alot of time. Possibly years. At the same time if he was just bad at running his business I don't feel that is a reason to toss him in jail. If he is looking to make it right now which it appears AMT is....then I am looking at that before I make a decision. I don't play baseball...there are no 3rd strikes. 

If we get this resolved without having to make this situation uglier than it needs to be that would be better, diplomacy. There is no need to start throwing people in jail until they decide to be hostile and demonstrate an I don't give a fuck attitude.. In my own experience I was working to help AMT resolve some of the engineering issues with a possible fix. Nothing came of that and I am limited as I don't have the gear on hand needed to properly fix anything. I think as has also been mentioned by others that they are in way over their heads. No need to pile it on and make it a situation that gets us nothing. This is not a get positive situation, this is a "what do we need to do to make this work?" situation, we are here now so we cant go back. They need to compensate us for all the hassle and trouble and get us what we paid for and honor the MPP if even partially. Worst case they can write this disaster off on their taxes for next year and claim the losses and get some if not all of the money back and start over the right way. It happens with businesses all the time.

As it is I am kinda fed up with the whole situation. Now they promised the legal options "first thing in the morning" its 2:57PM EST no update as of this time. I think everyone involved is getting fed up and they are taking their own action which they should. I am waiting for that announcement because its an important one to determine if that is going to be what we accept or not. I figure if I don't get any kind of update today I need to start looking at other resources to address this as its just more bullshit as you said. But that's the point....its not a smart move to hit the button and launch the nukes right away.....I have no problem working with AMT to get what is in the best interest of the customers......but they better step up and do whats right by us because I think they really are starting to piss off the wrong people who supported them at one point. The point is we (the customers) are already pretty much united on that. And some of us have considerable resources at our disposal that we are ready to use. I just want them to actually keep their word for once. If they say they will do something, then they should do it when they say they will instead of stringing us along. That is the singular reason why they are in this mess in the first place.
legendary
May 08, 2014, 02:00:19 PM
The real problem is that it will be very hard to prove if crap was doa, damaged during shiping or you the customers burn it. If you happen to go to court to prove that Zipkin is delivering more that 1:10 crap,it will be an easy win for Zipkin if you follow me.
And poserkoto will get out clean. So every settlement whit option different from refund is a pure 10000% loss
That is what Zipkin is waiting for  statement with promises for extra hashing power.....
You are the ones who have winning position because amt broke all possible laws but after the settlement you are gona loose because you will never be able to prove that the crap was doa. You will rma it Zipkin wil change it according to always and so on.....
Think twice before settle with amt scam
May 08, 2014, 01:14:50 PM
Yea I hear what you are saying. Like I said, if we get more crap that is misrepresented, it will result in contempt which is jailtime. So I do think with that motivation in mind AMT will make good on their word this time. They cant just screw us this time. Even the largest companies in the US know not to do that and always fix the problems after they get sued like this. I keep up with Class actions and have been a member of a couple of them by inclusion just because I was a customer. In that sense they need to make it right with customers. I am not that skeptical that they won't, because now we have a court (and really the US Government) backing us in this.

The settlement needs to be agreed upon. Which might not be by plaintiffs. Gotta also remember....the people representing the class are clenell and another user from this forum. They ultimately are speaking for the customers in this.....with the lawyer in all this we might get some real results. Hard to say what the end result will be. At bare minimum we get what we paid but as the MPP is implied in the legal complaint....well they likely will have to honor that as well. IF we got bumped up to 2THs  from 1.2 at this point that would be a win of some kind. Not ideal but its better than nothing....and if AMT were to give us faulty all hardware the situation legally would escalate to a criminal level (considering a failure rate of 1:10 as acceptable). So yea jail would be a very real thing for them if they try to screw us. That being said liar or not, I do believe AMT on the assembly house fiasco just looking at the miners themselves. Plus this sort of thing does happen. Also based on the photos of the assembly house that they posted a while back the place looked very unprofessional as it was. So that much I do believe because there is plenty of evidence to back it up.

The delays and all that.....ehh that's another story. I tried to work with them to get some issues fixed but that ultimately boiled down to a design problem and faulty assembly as it was.   Their design seems to work if done right.....BUT it requires a good assembly process for it to be successful that means using a good assembly house. Otherwise the miners fizzle out as has been happening to all of us with AMT hardware in hand.

I prefer diplomacy first to hardass tactics (which I can bring on later in the game). I have gotten alot of results in alot of areas in my life. That being said I also know when to bring the hammer down when I am being fucked with. I grew up on the streets of NY in the 80s-90s. I have lived in warzones after that and met some titans (CEOs) of very large business as well and picked up a few things from them. I have a pretty good handle on the worst people can be like. But diplomacy works best until it doesn't. Carrot and the stick and all that. I am sure of one thing is that they can't run with our money now. The court already has its controls in place to make sure they are in compliance with the law. And if they start looking to screw us more, its going to end very badly. They don't have the resources to fight us on this. So its much easier for them to give us what we want and once they have fulfilled that either close up shop or keep doing business but under conditions that they do not repeat the same mistakes they did this time around. If they had spent a bit more on packing material and QA this would not be the mess it is for them now. This is just the reality of the existing situation as it is.
legendary
May 08, 2014, 10:56:21 AM
Thanks for your explanation opium
I want you to know that I am doing all which is possible for my mind tou understand you.
However I want you to try to listen to me
 Best case scenario is that poserkoto Zipkin will reach a "contract" settlement with you as a customers. The facts are that amt are zero in terms of technical skills.
In addition for some reason they are not buying ready to rock hardware from their partners to ship
Have you noticed any severe complains in bitmine thread?
In techno bit thread. It is unavoidable for them just to manufacture next Technobit-amt logo crap.

zipkin will ship you another crap, which will buy him time then again and again. Zipkin is clever also. So basically he will ship crap continuously over time which will get replaced by other crap and so on. Because of your agreement you will not be able to sue Zipkin again for same thing.
One day when a1 miner becomes obsolete completely like my avalons gen 1 boards he will buy them second hand and will ship them to you
So he will play jentle bulshiting you and shipping crap because of contract settlement to avoid law suite but he will fuck you again
He is under pressure at the moment. His pants are brown and his ass is shaking Grin
I suggest to all of you to refuse all AMT plans a,b or c and insist on refund as only available option

Wish you luck
Learn your lesson Zipkin gave you crap in person right?
It was intentionally I am damn sure he knew that fact.
Do not ever ever allow this to happen again....
Abut law system the situation is same in Bulgaria. The difference is that even a special squad would not be enough to stop the angry customers if Zipkin did this to Bulgarians.
I told it many times shit happens but I can not stand constant intentional lies from Zipkin
Do you remember BASIC?
So Guy Tom if I remember correctly  played same shitty a,t game. After two weeks or so Tom just said I am out I will refund you. And that was enough. I haven't heard of of a law suite against basic.
The truth is worth more than million words

May 08, 2014, 10:19:05 AM
I got lucky on this one...& Hashfast & Cointerra...I was BROKE!!!!!!!!!  Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy  Thanks BFL & Avalon for keeping me broke  Wink

I skinned by on my BlackArrow preorder with an early refund though...thank God for Bitmain!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

No more preorders for me !!!!!!!!  Tongue  Cool

I got screwed up also with preorders:

$12K AMT miners Josh that son of the bitch.
$4500 BFL fucked me over.
$12K Cointerra with pre-orders late..and not the speed that they promised.

How many of these American Junky companies are outhere? And No one seems to not be able to stop them!

Bottom line none of the American mining companies are trust worthy at this point.

opieum shouldn't you be kissing some AMT ass in the "official thread"? people are sick of the excuses you make for AMT. Every time someone has something negative to say (rightly so) in regards to AMT you have some excuse for their atrocious behavior. i find it laughable you think all your ass kissing is going to get you a "working" miner. Their is no defending people who flat out lie and misrepresent their entire company model.

I bet I get a response from you in the next 5 minutes. You sit at your computer ALL day waiting for anyone to dare say something bad about these jerks.
It is not opium only 95% percent of amt customers just hope for a miracle to happen
As we all know miracles do happen on occasions . But whatever happens they have lost their money a long time ago. Now they are losigig their dignity also. Cry
That is why amt thread is so big and no one is fucked.....
However I do hope that there are some guy's with dignity left and they will do whatever it takes to put Zipkin ass to jail. It is not abut the money anymore....

loshia, I know you are not american...so I will explain a bit how this works and maybe my line of thinking in all this. Our legal system despite the mainstream news is not that corrupt...well it is. BUT only in favor to the very very rich...google the word affluenza so you get what I mean. The system does work however when one goes after smaller companies and occasionally larger ones when there are significant amounts of people involved against a company. In this situation there is a class action lawsuit. They by law MUST settle with us or the judge will rule against them OR toss them in jail for contempt. There is a process going on in the background most of us are not seeing that is just the confidential nature of court cases. I have been involved in class actions before on both sides as a technical consultant so I know how these things go.

AMT by LAW has to settle with us or go to trial....and they already know its lost if they do go to trial which is far worse for them....going to trial is VERY expensive, no one likes to do that. And as they would be the one paying the legal fees for BOTH sides its a bad situation for them to NOT settle with us now. IF they don't settle after making a settlement offer that we accept, they are in contempt of court and will go to jail. So they have a huge incentive to actually make sure they settle with us now. Since its a class action lawsuit ALL AMT customers are automatically covered by it even if we did not sign up directly. Because they misrepresented things on their site and have not made good on various promises, they will be in a court enforced situation (which actually does get enforced), to make sure they settle with us correctly or risk contempt. Contempt of court if you don't know (as I know english is not your first language) is basically mocking the court....sure AMT can mock the customers....but now the court is involved and they won't have that....hopefully this explains the reasons why those of us in the US are approaching this the way we are. At least its why I am approaching it how I am.  But its much easier to work with them NOW to get what we want as now they are in a position that they have to comply with what is necessary. The playing field is level. Things now really are on the level.

This is why I have been such an ass about comments that don't do anything to further the discussion it does not benefit any of the customers. Alot of emotional reactions (mostly anger) are useless as they accomplish nothing. We are trying to move things forward and get it all in writing. That is the key point here. What is written matters as that is what a court looks at. And since even deleted comments get archived in the mirror forum, it doesn't matter what is deleted on the main AMT thread. It can always be recalled via the mirror. Hopefully this explains a bit more of why I am such a bulldog about what goes into that thread...I am protecting my interests as well in all this because I want them writing what needs to be written. Its important for them to talk to us as well as for us to properly negotiate a proper settlement which is what seems to be happening. We will see the offer when its sent out to our emails and such and we can at that point decide if we will accept or reject it. Its a process we need to have happen to get things done. The other side of this is because of this case other mining companies will see this happening and have to do the same thing or risk worse problems. It sets a precedent in our common law system. Not definitive but judges look at similar cases to get some ideas on how to handle the current ones.
legendary
May 08, 2014, 08:39:46 AM
I got lucky on this one...& Hashfast & Cointerra...I was BROKE!!!!!!!!!  Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy  Thanks BFL & Avalon for keeping me broke  Wink

I skinned by on my BlackArrow preorder with an early refund though...thank God for Bitmain!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

How many of these American Junky companies are outhere? And No one seems to not be able to stop them!

Bottom line none of the American mining companies are trust worthy at this point.

opieum shouldn't you be kissing some AMT ass in the "official thread"? people are sick of the excuses you make for AMT. Every time someone has something negative to say (rightly so) in regards to AMT you have some excuse for their atrocious behavior. i find it laughable you think all your ass kissing is going to get you a "working" miner. Their is no defending people who flat out lie and misrepresent their entire company model.

I bet I get a response from you in the next 5 minutes. You sit at your computer ALL day waiting for anyone to dare say something bad about these jerks.
It is not opium only 95% percent of amt customers just hope for a miracle to happen
As we all know miracles do happen on occasions . But whatever happens they have lost their money a long time ago. Now they are losigig their dignity also. Cry
That is why amt thread is so big and no one is fucked.....
However I do hope that there are some guy's with dignity left and they will do whatever it takes to put Zipkin ass to jail. It is not abut the money anymore....
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
May 07, 2014, 09:43:54 PM
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
May 07, 2014, 06:59:03 PM

Let's egg their cars! That'll teach them.  Roll Eyes
May 07, 2014, 06:18:39 PM

Pages:
Jump to: