Pages:
Author

Topic: And some more delays in BFL shipment plans / no shipment before 14th Jan 2013 - page 13. (Read 22705 times)

mem
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Herp Derp PTY LTD
One, the current website is Wordpress and I loathe Wordpress thus I tend to avoid trying to update it.
Two, the new website should be rolled out soon, so updating the old one has taken a back seat to other issues. See point one.

Good thing Inaba isn't a programmer
Uh, he is, just not that kind of programmer. Actually by most accounts of the people whom complain about his pool...not a very good one.

Wow, he operates a pool, works for BFL on ASICs or something, and still finds time to troll the forums daily.

If only I had that much energy.

I hear demanding the entire internet respect you while at the same time being the biggest ass hat possible is quite exhausting.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
One, the current website is Wordpress and I loathe Wordpress thus I tend to avoid trying to update it.
Two, the new website should be rolled out soon, so updating the old one has taken a back seat to other issues. See point one.

Uh, he is, just not that kind of programmer. Actually by most accounts of the people whom complain about his pool...not a very good one.

Wow, he operates a pool, works for BFL on ASICs or something, and still finds time to troll the forums daily.

If only I had that much energy.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
No thanks. Smiley The goings on in the BTCFPGA forums of late have been creepy enough for my liking and they don't seem to have multiple sockpuppets posting pro vendor blather all over and attacking anyone that's rightfully skeptical.

I used to visit BFL forums, but it's just a cheerleading circus now, with little reason for existing aside from propaganda dispersal.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
I pre-ordered one unit in mid October and added a second in late November and if those products are delayed for three months I'll be p1issed.

Just take the little blue asshamster pill and go to tranquilized BFL forums lala land. Where fairies poop Bitcoin dust and ASICs are made out of Unicorn blood.
It doesn't seem to make any difference to some that pre-ordered ASICs months ago how much their supplier devalues the product they receive. It matters to me. I pre-ordered one unit in mid October and added a second in late November and if those products are delayed for three months I'll be p1issed. YMMV.
Activity: 330
Don't forget the contest!
Activity: 555
Merit: 504
If the 14th january is the date, than we just have more time to heat our homes Cheesy
bce
Activity: 756

Maybe he deliberately wrote code that would crash this thread?   Seems to be working so far.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003

Activity: 437

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
Perhaps BFL should design something easy, some nice flowerpots for instance.

or a mining proxy that allows you to purchase shares, or something along that line.
The main cause of delays is initial optimism -  BFL is doing this from scratch, so it's even more of a challenge.

Ah the ole ASICs is HARD excuse...think it's played out. FPGAs was HARD too, resulting in delays. Perhaps BFL should design something easy, some nice flowerpots for instance.

Sure they could collect zero interest loans in April and...ah never mind. Tongue
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I have found compelling evidence that oranges make a less than optimal artificial heart.
bce
The main cause of delays is initial optimism -  BFL is doing this from scratch, so it's even more of a challenge.  For the first ASIC generation of devices, these delays from BFL may actually do good for the mining ecosystem, by allowing competitors with initial late release dates to also have enough sales to make it worth having invested in product development.  Out of the delays, I'm sure the BFL SC line will be more polished than what was originally planned.  Until then, the website appearance isn't really a priority, and that's what I meant above.  For me, it'd be scary if there wasn't a product starting to ship, and the website was 100% awesome.   
Inaba,   I didn't know a new site was in the works.   I have a problem with the "see point one."  It has caused me to go into an endless loop because when I am done with point two, I then read point one again and have to continue to point two.  It makes me really aware of how much you loathe Wordpress though.

Mission accomplished then! Cheesy One less person asking tough questions, like why can't this company ever seem to ship anything without multiple delays?
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

Yes we all know what your "should" means. "We should start shipments end of November ... rarara"  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003

Judge them by what they do, and that is issue refunds in a satisfactory manner. Not some website page written in an hour or twoto sound fancy.

Yeah, I wish they'd polish up the website with new pics, better info, updated dates etc... and for Satoshi's sake, why is the production update so out of date?  If Josh / Inaba would spend as much time fixing the site as he puts into defending against troll attacks over here, it might even have an updated pic of the SC Single's case design in place of the current main page pic (a FPGA single board with heatsink).

A scam would be more polished than the currently neglected BFL home page.

Two reasons: 

Inaba,   I didn't know a new site was in the works.   I have a problem with the "see point one."  It has caused me to go into an endless loop because when I am done with point two, I then read point one again and have to continue to point two.  It makes me really aware of how much you loathe Wordpress though.
Hilarious!
bce

Judge them by what they do, and that is issue refunds in a satisfactory manner. Not some website page written in an hour or twoto sound fancy.

Yeah, I wish they'd polish up the website with new pics, better info, updated dates etc... and for Satoshi's sake, why is the production update so out of date?  If Josh / Inaba would spend as much time fixing the site as he puts into defending against troll attacks over here, it might even have an updated pic of the SC Single's case design in place of the current main page pic (a FPGA single board with heatsink).

Two reasons: 

mem
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Herp Derp PTY LTD

Holy crap, Inaba fucking answered a fucking question, no circus, no 2.5 long bitchy rant, no face eating rage just answered a question.
This happens less than halley's comet passing !!!

As a member of the Bitcoin community, I'm concerned that BFL will stop giving refunds because that's their official policy.

Inaba has made this very clear, its just difficult to sift through the rage to see any content. The FAQ is correct and that they can refuse any refunds thanks to company policy.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Two reasons: 

Pages:
Jump to: