Pages:
Author

Topic: Andy Ruiz vs Anthony Joshua II - page 16. (Read 8151 times)

Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
October 15, 2019, 10:41:53 AM
^ Weird, I don't know why Ruiz will come in the fight much lighter though,  did he wanted to show his speed here? I doubt that he can do that against Joshua in this second fight. I mean he was "perfect" in the first fight and I doubt that Joshua will change his strategy. Well, he can run in the first few rounds but I'm sure that Andy even at a heavier weight can catch up with him and will have success.
It looks like he wanted speed in the rematch and maybe he thinks that he can be faster if he can lose that extra weight. You can call it a perfect strategy for his in the first fight because Joshua didn't expect that Ruiz can take his punch. But it seems that in the second fight, Ruiz also did some adjustments as well to counter what Joshua will do in this rematch.

For me it will spell the difference here and if Ruiz losses this fight, it's probably because of trying to come up lighter against Joshua.
It's more than that I would say, most of the time the fighter losses if he doesn't have the heart, just like what Joshua shows in the first fight. Once he was knock down in the third round, it seems to be he surrendered already. If Ruiz losses here, I wouldn't say because he was lighter or thinner, but because, maybe because Joshua was more hungrier.
Activity: 560
Merit: 107
October 15, 2019, 05:53:05 AM
^ Weird, I don't know why Ruiz will come in the fight much lighter though,  did he wanted to show his speed here? I doubt that he can do that against Joshua in this second fight. I mean he was "perfect" in the first fight and I doubt that Joshua will change his strategy. Well, he can run in the first few rounds but I'm sure that Andy even at a heavier weight can catch up with him and will have success.

For me it will spell the difference here and if Ruiz losses this fight, it's probably because of trying to come up lighter against Joshua.
Anthony Joshua needs to do something with his defense or he's going to get exposed once again. I always say that he will struggle when he fights against people who are very fast and from the Ruiz pictures above am sure that he lost some weight just to do that and he is better defensively than AJ and defense is very important when it comes to boxing. Mayweather's success in the game was mostly due to his defense.
Defending is important in boxing, but only good in defense and not good in attacking, just defense until the end of the game I feel it is boring. IMHO boxing is a time when you fight and entertain the audience. if you just play defensively like Mayweather I think it's very not entertaining. And Andy Ruiz isn't like that, he has a Mexican fighting style and i like that
Yes, I agree with what you said that defending is essential in boxing, but defending too much is boring, which might kill the audience entertainment. But it's there fighting style so ppl/audience can't do anything about it, but sometimes you need to be aggressive, especially if you have a good open target. Yes, most Mexican fighting style is a combination of aggressiveness and pressure fighting with an emphasis on the left hook. I'm rooting for the rematch I’m sure it will be definitely a good fight.  Smiley
Activity: 1484
Merit: 500
Across The Universe
October 15, 2019, 03:36:00 AM

Anthony Joshua needs to do something with his defense or he's going to get exposed once again. I always say that he will struggle when he fights against people who are very fast and from the Ruiz pictures above am sure that he lost some weight just to do that and he is better defensively than AJ and defense is very important when it comes to boxing. Mayweather's success in the game was mostly due to his defense.
Defending is important in boxing, but only good in defense and not good in attacking, just defense until the end of the game I feel it is boring. IMHO boxing is a time when you fight and entertain the audience. if you just play defensively like Mayweather I think it's very not entertaining. And Andy Ruiz isn't like that, he has a Mexican fighting style and i like that
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
October 15, 2019, 02:30:47 AM

Across The Universe
October 15, 2019, 01:15:06 AM
take a look at the transformation body shape Andy Ruiz at this time .
he looks faster and aggressive. I was curious what Antony Joshua's response was when he saw Andy Ruiz's body transformation at this time.
There is a problem when you are fighting all your life with your natural physic and now he is trying to get into good shape which could have an impact on the outcome in terms of his performance because the feel you had during your career and when you are transformed in terms of body mass and muscle mass and going into a big rematch i do not think it will be a great advantage for Andy Ruiz. I am not an expert but that is how i feel because i had a discussion with a friend who knows about performance and endurance because i was planning to wage a bet on this match.
What do you mean "natural physic"? I'm sure Andy Ruiz and his team have good reasons related to rematch matches in Saudi Arabia. Maybe during the first game andy Ruiz's body makes his stamina drained quickly or maybe there is another reason. looking at Andy's body which is currently lighter it seems I am sure his game will be much different from the first fight.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
October 15, 2019, 12:11:31 AM
he looks faster and aggressive. I was curious what Antony Joshua's response was when he saw Andy Ruiz's body transformation at this time.
There is a problem when you are fighting all your life with your natural physic and now he is trying to get into good shape which could have an impact on the outcome in terms of his performance because the feel you had during your career and when you are transformed in terms of body mass and muscle mass and going into a big rematch i do not think it will be a great advantage for Andy Ruiz. I am not an expert but that is how i feel because i had a discussion with a friend who knows about performance and endurance because i was planning to wage a bet on this match.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
October 14, 2019, 06:11:53 PM

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189
October 14, 2019, 01:54:13 PM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/10129582/andy-ruiz-jr-weight-cut-anthony-joshua/

I highly doubt that Andy Ruiz will show up in much different shape than his first outing against Joshua.

Having that weight behind his punches surely helped to rock Joshua when he clipped him in the head.

Sure, if he gets lighter he'll have more stamina and speed, but he'll be sacrificing endurance, since all that fat does a great job at absorbing shots.

Then again, I doubt he needs to absorb many body shots against the taller fighter in Joshua.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
October 14, 2019, 01:39:40 PM

It's not going to be a different match, the fight will take off where it left off, I don't see any changes at all, we cannot expect Joshua to be the aggressor this time, because he knows Ruiz has the power and the speed he will likely take the same route doing counter punching and moving a lot, he will take the safest route or strategy but this is boxing anything can happen and they are both heavyweights one punch can make a big difference
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
October 14, 2019, 12:41:16 PM
I'm afraid a fit Any Ruiz cannot make the heavyweight minimum limit.Cheesy Andy got power enough for a heavyweight but I am not sure if a light version have the same impact, especially on a heavy and muscled AJ, bar AJ's face of course. Cheesy

Andy have good hand speed but we are yet to see his foot work. Andy is an aggressive fighter and if a fit one means an improved footwork too, so he can move well then Joshua gets schooled like a Lomachenko victim.

I like Andy Ruiz to win this rematch.

Andy Ruiz when he fought Anthony Joshua was over 266 lbs and the minimum weight for a heavy is just 200 lbs and I don't think Andy Ruiz lose 66 lbs in that picture. Don't worry about the power lost because he got shredded by a bit. He only lose fat and not muscles he may even gained some more because of his new training regime. Obviously the biggest gain he will have is the stamina he added becase of his new training. This will increase his chances of lasting multiple rounds much longer compared to before.
Across The Universe
October 14, 2019, 12:37:55 PM

I'm afraid a fit Any Ruiz cannot make the heavyweight minimum limit.Cheesy Andy got power enough for a heavyweight but I am not sure if a light version have the same impact, especially on a heavy and muscled AJ, bar AJ's face of course. Cheesy

Andy have good hand speed but we are yet to see his foot work. Andy is an aggressive fighter and if a fit one means an improved footwork too, so he can move well then Joshua gets schooled like a Lomachenko victim.

I think he can still fit into a heavyweight minimum limit. with his current body, the rematch match will be different from the first match, AJ would have known and learned from the first game, but Ruiz is likely to still win this rematch match. this match will take place in Saudi Arabia, this will also be different from the first match. because the first match took place in New York supporters from Ruiz seemed more there. this also affects the mentality of the boxers
Activity: 1848
Merit: 601
The Martian Child
October 14, 2019, 12:19:42 PM

Across The Universe
October 14, 2019, 12:06:30 PM

Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
October 05, 2019, 10:42:41 PM
Anthony Joshua is just one chicken in my opinion...and he lost all respect I had for him.
Why is he avoiding to fight best heavyweights at this moment Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder?
Both of them are much better than Joshua.

If I'm not mistaken, there was a talk that Joshua and Wilder will fight, it didn't materialised because no one was giving an inch because the two has a big ego. And when the fight didn't push through, they go to the media and start accusing one another of derailing the fight. Joshua now has a unfinished business with with Ruiz and if he wins, then probably the table is open again for a fight with either Fury and Wilder.

It is not ego. Negotiations for big fights are always about who takes the bigger portion of the purse. Boxing is presently more a business now than a sport.

Not saying it's a ego thing, but as far as I can remember even the venue was at a dispute. Obviously, Joshua wanted it to be in UK, while Wilder want it stateside. If it is UK then Joshua will take the lion share of the revenue in which Wilder doesn't want to give him.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
October 05, 2019, 10:36:36 PM
Anthony Joshua is just one chicken in my opinion...and he lost all respect I had for him.
Why is he avoiding to fight best heavyweights at this moment Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder?

If I'm not mistaken, there was a talk that Joshua and Wilder will fight, it didn't materialised because no one was giving an inch because the two has a big ego. And when the fight didn't push through, they go to the media and start accusing one another of derailing the fight. Joshua now has a unfinished business with with Ruiz and if he wins, then probably the table is open again for a fight with either Fury and Wilder.

It is not ego. Negotiations for big fights are always about who takes the bigger portion of the purse. Boxing is presently more a business now than a sport.
October 05, 2019, 07:52:56 PM
I will research the story of both fighters, admit I didn't know well the history of both fighters 
I love boxing but I can't follow both player. I rearch first before i decide to put my bet in this games.

No need to research mate, just read the previous post and you will know who is the favourite of most gamblers here. Joshua was the favourite to win in the first fight, however, Ruiz proved that he is no pushover and win that match, no controversy as Joshua was really out of focus and Ruiz was too good that night.
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
October 05, 2019, 07:47:12 PM
It was just confirmed that the fight is going on December 7th in Saudi Arabia. Tons of huge fights comming on there. Khabib's next fight is in Abu Dabbi. Big moves in the fight game by the middle east...

Matchroom Sport has officially confirmed that the anticipated rematch between Andy Ruiz and Anthony Joshua will take place on December 7th in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia.

Eddie Hearn of Matchroom will hold a press conference this coming Monday in London, to discuss the details of the event.

The card is being called "Clash on The Dunes."

Who are you going with? I see Joshua actually showing up with some balls and focus that night and getting the job done to redeem himself, which will make the Wilder vs Joshua/Tyson vs Joshua fight relevant again.

As much as I want Andy to win again because he is such a likeable guy and a hardworker, I don't really see it. I mean if Ruiz knocks the fuck out Joshua's chin again then it's pretty much over, he should retire. I think he is aware of this fact and he isn't going to let this happen twice. I give Joshua an 8th round KO. But this is an extremely risky bet. Honeslty im not even sure if I want to get involved in this one. Ruiz can really pull it again. I want to see the odds before I make a decision.

I will research the story of both fighters, admit I didn't know well the history of both fighters 
I love boxing but I can't follow both player. I rearch first before i decide to put my bet in this games.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
October 05, 2019, 03:46:42 PM
Losing twice to Andy Ruiz will ruin his career and he needs to go back again and reset everything. How many fights do he need to go to regain that confidence again? While the top HW are banging it's other as to who is going to be the number 1. While Joshua is fighting the left-overs before he can climb up the ladder again. So it's like going back to zero again because he had lost so much of his stature that his name is no longer in the middle of the discussions. Remember that this is not all about boxing, he needs to win this one so that his sponsorship with other brands would continue as well, Under Armour, British Airways and Hugo Boss and many more, so a definitely a must-win for him.
The truth is that Joshua could not have chosen a worst time to lose against anyone, the top heavyweight  boxers have being avoiding each other for too long in order to create more hype for their fights and earn more money but fans were getting upset so they finally decided it was time to fight each other and Joshua ruined it by selecting the wrong opponent.

If he losses again then I will not find surprising if he decides to retire, after all he will lose many sponsors and he will lose access to the top fighters as well and when you consider all the money he has done already I do not see him coming back to the sport.  
I wouldn't say that he made the choice, Anthony Joshua was supposed to be fighting Jarrel Miller until Miller was caught doping and failed a drug test, Andy Ruiz put up his name as a replacement for that fight and he was chosen and they rest they say is history.  I really think Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua all arrange a fight so that we can finally see who's the best among the three. But I am betting Anthony Joshua regaining his titles this time around.
I know that he was not the first choice but after they had the chance to choose another fighter they still picked Ruiz, it is obvious Joshua wanted an easy opponent to make a good impression in the American public and instead of doing that he got completely beaten and I do not know if he has recovered psychologically from that fight and yet he has to fight Ruiz again in a very short notice and that could affect his performance in the next fight.

Now while Wilder and Fury could fight Joshua in order to settle once and for all who is the best they do not really need it if Ruiz beats Joshua again, since at that time they will prefer to fight against Ruiz instead of Joshua.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
October 02, 2019, 11:41:14 AM

As much as someone is so focused on making name for himself in the field of boxing, you don't expect his career to die even before starting. Going head to head with Tyson or Wilder at this point of his career would mean ultimate suicide which for me, he is not ready yet. Let him fully developed in this level that he is before going head to head with those two oracles you have listed there.

The upcoming fight really is something I am looking forward to and I am kind of giving it to Anthony but I wont be surprised if he lose the remaining of his dignity just like the last match when he lost that there was rumor that he tanked the match willingly when he has been the favorite to win the game. For me, there is no unfiltered loyalty it can be a day to the match that I would change my mind but now, is Anthony Joshua all the way.
October 01, 2019, 07:21:11 AM

Pages:
Jump to: