Pages:
Author

Topic: Andy Ruiz vs Anthony Joshua II - page 3. (Read 8104 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
December 09, 2019, 05:35:54 AM
Do you agree on Yahoo's Kevin Iole article here? Simply short of calling Ruiz deliberately losing this fight? (At least that's why I interpret it).

Andy Ruiz Jr. took the money and ran.

He took a fight that he had the capability of winning and he squandered it long before he ever made the trek to Saudi Arabia. He acted as if he’d hit the lottery on June 1 when he knocked out Anthony Joshua in the seventh round at Madison Square Garden in New York to win three of the four major heavyweight belts. On Saturday in Saudi Arabia, he paid for that dearly.

“I didn’t prepare how I should have,” Ruiz said. “I gained too much weight, but you know what? I don’t want to give no excuses. He won. He boxed me around. You better [expletive] believe I’m going to get in the [expletive] best shape of my life [for a third fight].”

Well, it’s too late for that.

This was a con job. Andy Ruiz defrauded the public by not even trying to get into shape. And then to say afterward that he’d try harder next time was one of the most galling things a fighter has ever said after a loss.

https://sports.yahoo.com/an-unprepared-overweight-andy-ruiz-jr-will-struggle-to-live-down-his-loss-to-anthony-joshua-000433363.html

Do you think Kevin has a point here, or he is simply over reacting?
Activity: 2590
Merit: 650
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
December 09, 2019, 04:53:33 AM
AJ gives up a boxing clinic here, he masterfully shows that he still has it to get back his belt from Ruiz. Game plan was perfect from the first round, go around in circles, used his jabs, don't let Ruiz corner him, resulting in a decision for AJ.

And with that strategy, Ruiz was frustrated as he can't get inside and used his power, because of AJ's superior technique. For me, a trilogy is open, let Wilder vs Fury II fight and AJ finishing Andy Ruiz for all the glory and marbles.

Part III is always possible and I don't know if the results will be altered if Ruiz will truly prepare on this one. Because aside from gaining weight, he claimed that he's not really prepared for this fight.
And you believe that Ruiz is not truly prepared for the yesterday fight LMAO.
This definitely one kind of joke because i followed both him and Anthony on Instagram and i can see them both posting the picture of themselves training.
I don't think people should be surprised that Anthony best him because the guy have been seeking advice from Klitschko right before the fight.

Joshua on the other hand, really did prepare on this one. That is to reclaim his belt and of course to prove that he has still the power. If both camps will have do their rigorous training, what do you think would the outcome will be? Part III???
Anthony won't burn his career through the same previous mistakes you should better and this is the reason why he asked for an immediate rematch.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 366
December 09, 2019, 02:37:26 AM
OP - https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/pereira4-381391 has not been active for a week already, I would suggest to close this thread as there is no sense to make further discussion when the fight is already over, we should look into the fight number 3 if possible and a new thread for that one would be nice.

There is still a lot of fun discussing on a match that has just finished. Sometimes, the discussion after the match is more lively than the discussions before the match. People will turn into analysts when the match is over and the results are out. Discussions before the match are purely speculations. Discussions after the match is analysis of what happened. Well a day or two is enough for these post-fight discussions.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019
December 08, 2019, 10:44:46 PM
OP - https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/pereira4-381391 has not been active for a week already, I would suggest to close this thread as there is no sense to make further discussion when the fight is already over, we should look into the fight number 3 if possible and a new thread for that one would be nice.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
December 08, 2019, 10:38:37 PM
Sorry to all the posters who were behind Andy Ruiz hehehe.

@Finestream. Agreed. Also, Andy Ruiz cannot be aggressive because he was heavier and slower than the first fight and Anthony Joshua was lighter and faster. Similar to what you said, AJ adjusted well. I reckon Andy Ruiz, did not.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 604
December 08, 2019, 07:20:05 PM
Also the post match interview is not to be missed where Andy demanded the third match to declare a clear winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnuWA-jBOrU
It  seems  Ruiz learned from his mistakes that's why he's calling for a third match,  if a third match is gonna take place, Joshua should up his game,  else,  Ruiz might knock him out, 

Ruiz really get the punches he needed to knock Joshua out because Joshua was just running around the ring,  I guess that helped him against being knocked out by Ruiz

In every fight there is always an adjustment and AJ adjusted pretty well int he 2nd fight, and it's good to hear that AJ is willing to give Ruiz a chance to fight him in the 3rd fight but this would only be successful if the fans would like to see it, this is business and no promoter would promote a fight when they are not certain it will be profitable. With how Ruiz fought in the rematch, it's very disappointing, he was not so aggressive although he was already losing in most rounds.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
December 08, 2019, 07:12:02 PM
Not to burst Anthony Joshua's win, but the WBO president Paco Valcarcel has said that Joshua will have to face the mandatory next, Oleksandr Usyk in 180 days.

-

https://twitter.com/PacoValcarcel/status/1203438265271017473

I do not think this is a right decision by Paco Valcarcel to call it mandatory. So based on this the next fight of him will be against the Alexander Usyk in about 180 days. So what will be the fate of third fight between Ruiz and Joshua ? Any official verdict on it ?

Lets give those two some rest, they are tired from each other for 3rd fight in a row Smiley

Usyk vs AJ - dont think that they will fight. Usyk just had a debut in heavyweight (advanced from cruiserweight). His opponent was not very tough (in the interview Usyk told that he could have finished him in round 2, but coach said to do some boxing in new weight category and to test himself), and already a fight agains top3 boxer? Not gonna happen so fast.   

Very interesting reply coming from Anthony Joshua,

Joshua Ready For Usyk: Let's Rock and Roll Then, No Problem!.

Looks like he is still hype from winning the fight against Ruiz and he is ready to rock and roll against Usyk next. That article also shows how Joshua matured, he says he no longer looking for highlights KO, but prefer the 'sweet science' of boxing.

Actually, that may favour on Joshua's side. Since he is fresh from the training and fight, it is not difficult for him to get back his energy. 6 months is more than enough to fully recover from this last one with Ruiz. And one more thing, his body is still in the training condition. So the advantage of calling the fight is on Joshua. Maybe the reason why he has no hesitations for this upcoming one.

Or it could be that AJ thinks that he can win against Usyk. Usually fighter prepare 12 weeks of hard and rigorous training. So AJ can still take a rest from now and be back next year to train hard again for his next fight. Good thing that he no longer talks about Wilder in his interview, he learn from his past mistakes (during the first Andy Ruiz fight) that he should focus on the fighter in front of him, not the potential next fight.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 288
Cashback 15%
December 08, 2019, 05:41:50 PM
Also the post match interview is not to be missed where Andy demanded the third match to declare a clear winner.

It  seems  Ruiz learned from his mistakes that's why he's calling for a third match,  if a third match is gonna take place, Joshua should up his game,  else,  Ruiz might knock him out, 

Ruiz really get the punches he needed to knock Joshua out because Joshua was just running around the ring,  I guess that helped him against being knocked out by Ruiz
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 08, 2019, 05:24:32 PM
Not to burst Anthony Joshua's win, but the WBO president Paco Valcarcel has said that Joshua will have to face the mandatory next, Oleksandr Usyk in 180 days.

-

I do not think this is a right decision by Paco Valcarcel to call it mandatory. So based on this the next fight of him will be against the Alexander Usyk in about 180 days. So what will be the fate of third fight between Ruiz and Joshua ? Any official verdict on it ?

Lets give those two some rest, they are tired from each other for 3rd fight in a row Smiley

Usyk vs AJ - dont think that they will fight. Usyk just had a debut in heavyweight (advanced from cruiserweight). His opponent was not very tough (in the interview Usyk told that he could have finished him in round 2, but coach said to do some boxing in new weight category and to test himself), and already a fight agains top3 boxer? Not gonna happen so fast.   

Looks like he is still hype from winning the fight against Ruiz and he is ready to rock and roll against Usyk next. That article also shows how Joshua matured, he says he no longer looking for highlights KO, but prefer the 'sweet science' of boxing.

Actually, that may favour on Joshua's side. Since he is fresh from the training and fight, it is not difficult for him to get back his energy. 6 months is more than enough to fully recover from this last one with Ruiz. And one more thing, his body is still in the training condition. So the advantage of calling the fight is on Joshua. Maybe the reason why he has no hesitations for this upcoming one.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
December 08, 2019, 05:16:22 PM
[.. snip .. ]

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542
December 08, 2019, 05:00:16 PM
Joshua won by majority decision, 119-109 and 118-110 (2x) where the score of the judges.

I think Joshua played very smart here, using his advantage, Ruiz get tired chasing him and I think the extra weight might have some effect on Ruiz on the second half of the fight and he wasn't able to cut the ring enough to corner Joshua.
It was a beautiful fight and Anthony Joshua controlled the fight really well and in this fight AJ controlled everything and Ruiz was not even able to land ant combinations throughout the fight which is incredible considering Ruiz controlled the first fight because of his fast hands and combinations and he completely shut down his game and what impressed me is his after fight speech as he was humble in defeat and humble in victory and Ruiz asked for a trilogy, i am not expecting Anthony Joshua to give a trilogy right now but we might see that in the future.

Yes, pretty much Joshua shutting down Ruiz every round and uses all the advantages he has to win a convincing decision in their rematch. He was humble and respectful at the same time, it might have been because of Ruiz giving him his first lost. Anyways, let's see if a trilogy is going to happen in the future, lots of option again for Joshua here and he is back at the top again.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1435
December 08, 2019, 04:08:46 PM

legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
December 08, 2019, 02:53:03 PM
All I can say is that I got fooled by the boxing media again by making it look like that Andy Ruiz has shed some fat about a month ago and on match day it looks like Ruiz is really out of shape just like the last match. AJ on majority of the match played it safe keeping his distance and using only jabs to gain some points that's why he won via UD but it was on the eight round where I saw AJ did some carelessness again and Ruiz took advantage of it but it wasn't enough to knock him down. Nice win for AJ and I could say that he had learned from his previous match, a lot of people are saying that Ruiz is already a one hit wonder but I doubt it is the case since AJ is just the better boxer that day.
Yeah, ive seen that too where Ruiz have slimmed down a bit but when i saw him on the ring, hes just really have the same body shape on their 1st match.
Lots of criticism on what AJ did which is running and trying to avoid on getting hit but come to think thats how boxing should be done. Hit and Dont hit up by
the opponent.I agree on what others saying on here that its a little bit boring for a boxing fight but well whats done is done and congrats to AJ.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189
December 08, 2019, 02:21:32 PM
All I can say is that I got fooled by the boxing media again by making it look like that Andy Ruiz has shed some fat about a month ago and on match day it looks like Ruiz is really out of shape just like the last match. AJ on majority of the match played it safe keeping his distance and using only jabs to gain some points that's why he won via UD but it was on the eight round where I saw AJ did some carelessness again and Ruiz took advantage of it but it wasn't enough to knock him down. Nice win for AJ and I could say that he had learned from his previous match, a lot of people are saying that Ruiz is already a one hit wonder but I doubt it is the case since AJ is just the better boxer that day.

The guy came in two stone heavier to what many would consider to be the biggest fight since AJ fought Klitschko.

Two stone in six months is not easy, he must have been seriously abusing his body in that time, and must have been absolutely crazy to turn up in such pathetic shape.

As soon as he stepped on those scales at 20 stone, I knew it was over for Ruiz, and I'm glad he lost. He obviously didn't take it seriously, and somehow thought that he beat AJ easily in the first fight and didn't need to worry too much.

If he had came in at around 17 stone, he would have had a good chance, but now we know where's his head/heart are at.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
December 08, 2019, 02:18:55 PM
I missed this match due to time zone difference but got this link which contains the full highlights of the match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3DE0XKWWnk

I really do not think there is going to be a third fight, this was the opportunity of Ruiz to get hold of those titles and show to the world that what happened months ago was not a fluke, for Joshua this was about recovering his titles and nothing more and since that is out of the way he will never face Ruiz again, I really disliked the strategy of Ruiz of being even heavier during the last fight when it was obvious that what caused Joshua problems was his mobility and his fast hands.
Activity: 2688
Merit: 625
December 08, 2019, 01:16:35 PM
Congratulations to AJ for proving easily dominating the champ.

With what I saw, I think it's not wise to still see a trilogy of this fight as the 2nd fast was pretty convincing already, AJ dominated Ruiz with a great strategy to win, he uses his quickness and height reach and height advantage and that's it, overall, it wasn't the kind of fight I was expecting, no knock out is kind of a boring fight.
I don't expect a trilogy for this fight. For me, this second fight is boring and not entertaining. AJ fighting style is different from the first fight, so maybe that's his strategy for not too close with Ruiz. and for Ruiz, it seems he was complacent with his belt so he didn't listen to what was said by his coach, during the interview he seemed to also apologize to his coach.
Yes it is, after seeing the fight all i can see i clinching and just dancing.Well its a simple or basic way of throwing punches to gain points and its clear that AJ
cant really box out when it comes to inside fight.He dont simply engage yet he might know that hes on the disadvantage side.I dont expect for 3rd match up
and im pretty sure that majority of people wont really like to see an another money wasting fight.  Cheesy
Activity: 2184
Merit: 718
December 08, 2019, 11:42:50 AM
Congratulations to AJ for proving easily dominating the champ.

With what I saw, I think it's not wise to still see a trilogy of this fight as the 2nd fast was pretty convincing already, AJ dominated Ruiz with a great strategy to win, he uses his quickness and height reach and height advantage and that's it, overall, it wasn't the kind of fight I was expecting, no knock out is kind of a boring fight.
I don't expect a trilogy for this fight. For me, this second fight is boring and not entertaining. AJ fighting style is different from the first fight, so maybe that's his strategy for not too close with Ruiz. and for Ruiz, it seems he was complacent with his belt so he didn't listen to what was said by his coach, during the interview he seemed to also apologize to his coach.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1264
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
December 08, 2019, 11:08:39 AM
I do agree that we will see 3rd and final fight Ruiz vs. Joshua in future,
but it also depends on fight with Tyson Fury vs. Wilder.
Winner will probably clash with Joshua
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
December 08, 2019, 11:04:18 AM
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1198
Bons.io Telegram Casino
December 08, 2019, 10:02:18 AM
A third one would be deviating from the Joshua master plan. They have him out of the way. Why would they want another visit?
There is no doubt that Andy Ruiz changed the master plan of Anthony Joshua when he defeated him in the first fight but he showed his skills in the rematch and Ruiz was not able to do anything in this fight and it was a masterclass from Anthony Joshua and he silenced his haters with a win here, he did not win by knockout but he won by showing his exemplary boxing skills till the end and rectified his mistakes from the first fight and we might see a trilogy.

A trilogy will come but I doubt it will happen right away, WBO called out Joshua for a mandatory defense against Usyk, who is a hard puncher like Wilder, but we still need confirmation on this, I'd like to see Joshua fighting the winner on the Wilder - fury match or Face Wilder and Fury right , since he is now fighting outside of the UK it's about time he face some as great as Wilder.
Pages:
Jump to: