Author

Topic: [ANN] æternity blockchain ∞ AE TOKEN ∞ [PoW & PoS | Oracles | Smart Contracts] - page 315. (Read 274571 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
A.K.A. Ace Rothstein
I am looking forward to the GUI.

Trying out the test net know. I'll report back with my findings soon.

Frank Lefty Rosenthal Signing Out.
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
I am looking forward to the GUI.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Hello.
I am writing the blockchain for Aeternity.
Here is my github https://github.com/zack-bitcoin
You can see my work on Aeternity, and on other projects I have done.

People keep asking about "escrow". I know what that word means, but I don't know what they mean in this context.
Is this about the token sale?

People are worried to put their money into a project that wont exist for a year.
I feel the same way. I haven't invested in any projects like this.
I regret my decision not to invest in the Ethereum crowdsale, or the Augur crowdsale.

My motivation to work on blockchain technology is from agorism.
I think that the most effective way to improve the world is to [censored].
Regardless of how successful Aeternity is, I will keep working on this technology.

Hey Zack, welcome to Bitcointalk Smiley
It does make a difference having team members joining the discussion and seen you are the one building Aeternity, one more reason to have you here.

Would be great to have other team members too.

Just curious what did you mean with [censored] above?
Bitcointalk is ok to express your feelings  Smiley

Also are you the main developer on the team? Are there others helping you out?
Sounds like a massive task to undertake on your own.

Finally yes escrow is to do with the token sale, people are curious if funds raised are going to be under escrow, for instance, they get released only after certain milestones are accomplished.
I guess it's a little too early for these details as I haven't seen any token sale info yet.
legendary
Rome wasn't built in a day. Most blockchain projects out there, including major ones, did take a year or more to deliver their networks, software, etc.
Aeternity sounds interesting so far, the state channels working to lighten up the load on its blockchain as well as making it scalable is something I haven't seen before.

As more info becomes available about what's next and the token sale we can all look at it more closely and evaluate.
In the meantime I'll have a go at the testnet, not too technical here, but I'm not GitHub shy either Wink
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
A year dev-time for such a project is not long and we try to be faster, but software is just software. The most important thing will be to build up the community. Together we can build it faster. Join our testnet and mine a few coins!

By the way, æternity (pre)tokens will be tradable immedeatly via a smart contract on Ethereum! Traders will trade.

Also looking for exchange partners, to partner up for the decentralized asset exchange smart contracts, which will make batch trading finally trustless.

Check out the whitepaper because what they wish to develop is a large task: https://uploads.strikinglycdn.com/files/8a476e2a-e859-4e5b-8d37-a21c88b1cf93/aeternity-trustless-decentralized%20(53).pdf
Activity: 1019
Merit: 105
æternity - scalable smart contracts
A year dev-time for such a project is not long and we try to be faster, but software is just software. The most important thing will be to build up the community. Together we can build it faster. Join our testnet and mine a few coins!

By the way, æternity (pre)tokens will be tradable immedeatly via a smart contract on Ethereum! Traders will trade.

Also looking for exchange partners, to partner up for the decentralized asset exchange smart contracts, which will make batch trading finally trustless.
This looks good.

Are there any details about coin distribution and ico start time ?

It sucks that it will taka a year before the network comes live, a lot can happen in that time. Btc tripled or even more.
Makes it much more risky.

Wish the team good luck and hope to see some video's of the product.

It is the same long development period as Ethereum, at least it is not unfair timeline.
legendary
Activity: 1204
This looks good.

Are there any details about coin distribution and ico start time ?

It sucks that it will taka a year before the network comes live, a lot can happen in that time. Btc tripled or even more.
Makes it much more risky.

Wish the team good luck and hope to see some video's of the product.
Activity: 17
Merit: 3
Hello.
I am writing the blockchain for Aeternity.
Here is my github https://github.com/zack-bitcoin
You can see my work on Aeternity, and on other projects I have done.

People keep asking about "escrow". I know what that word means, but I don't know what they mean in this context.
Is this about the token sale?

People are worried to put their money into a project that wont exist for a year.
I feel the same way. I haven't invested in any projects like this.
I regret my decision not to invest in the Ethereum crowdsale, or the Augur crowdsale.

My motivation to work on blockchain technology is from agorism.
I think that the most effective way to improve the world is to [censored].
Regardless of how successful Aeternity is, I will keep working on this technology.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Goods news testnet is ready and that is nice progress just watching this project which is looking awesome. Good luck keep pushing into great direction.
legendary
Great news team!

Will check it out, nice to see progress already being made.
Activity: 1019
Merit: 105
æternity - scalable smart contracts
testnet will be expected。whats the detail schedule of testnet

I dont see a testnet being ready any time soon to be honest. The dev seems far from the project maybe even in another universe and as not been active the way he should on this thread. Saying that, I would like to be proven wrong here.

Lets see what happens.

ANNOUNCEMENT

Testnet is on Github: https://github.com/aeternity/testnet

Genesis block quote: "Bitcoin Hits All-Time High as Currency Controls Drive Fear - Bloomberg Online, January 4, 2017"
https://github.com/aeternity/testnet/blob/879d64a6752ee71b2dff2b73aa1e87ea78694da2/src/consensus/tree/block.erl#L74

The purpose of this testnet is to get you guys involved with turing-complete state-channels. Please try to run it on a Ubuntu, or try to port it to work with other systems, like Windows. We will need the help of the community to succeed, no doubt. Everything so far is done via command line. GUI will come at a later time.

With this testnet you should be able to (auto)create an account, mine and send to other accounts. Please read the readme.md on Github for instructions.

The testnet has also channels, but the channel manager doesn't work yet, so you can't do anything interesting with the channels at the moment, unless you copy paste it, so your counterparty can sign it too.

Expect the first state-channel smart contract using our new channel-manager in the next few days. The governance and naming part and lots of other good stuff will come afterwards.

Most of the implementation so far has been based on an earlier project, by Zack Hess, who is our lead developer. Thus is not newbie stuff, we can assure you! Zack has over 3 years experience with programming blockchains. Yani has been involved with several serious crypto projects already. ... And we just found out that Zack pre-project is exactly 2 years old now, on Github.

Devs will watch this thread to reply to you. Please also join our public chat or if you want to chat with us on gitter.com/aeternity/Lobby or ##aeternity@freenode on IRC. Curious to see who will join us!

Please also stay tuned for the æternity token sale announcement. We first need to clear the details before we notify you! No need to rush, guys! This is a proper blockchain project. And if you want to get more involved, the doors are open.
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
So any more information about this project? I find it very interesting but with limited information . I cant assess much further if this would be a good crypto investment.
if possible suggest dev team have more communion with investors here ,thats gonna be better
Activity: 910
So any more information about this project? I find it very interesting but with limited information . I cant assess much further if this would be a good crypto investment.
A.K.A. Ace Rothstein
any escrow ?

It does not mention it and the dev is not answering so I think its no.

Activity: 630
Merit: 503
A.K.A. Ace Rothstein
Who will do the escroage for this crowdfunding?

Huh?

Thanks very much my friend, it is much appreciated. If you ever want to contact me:

Email: [email protected]

Telegram: @Alexanderico
Activity: 301
Merit: 250
Jump to: