Author

Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem - page 349. (Read 375744 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
if bancor really do hit $80 as soon it's open on major exchange, I wonder what our haters gonna say ?

What will market cap be at 80$?

$8 billions

Of course it is not and don't entice people to buy at HitBTC. The IOU's that they offer always trade at an insane premium and the price will drop dramatically as soon as a real exchange lists it.

TLDR: Don't fall for it.

Yes? I made big Profits on DECENT IOU. I bought weeks ago and sold now on x10 at HITBTC
Activity: 210
Bancor will hit top-5 coin marketcap very soon

who believed me ?
Who knows maybe putin will use bancor to create his national reserve token.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
www.bitcoin.org
Bancor will hit top-5 coin marketcap very soon

who believed me ?
I think most people will be trading bnt on exchanges. No one significant is foing to be cashing these back to reserves. So most selling will be on exchanges. Also there will be alot of buying which will increase the buying with reserve coin adding value to bnt more and will cause a snowball effect. Thats my opinion.
Buying hitbtc ious and selling them higher is alot more profitable than waiting for bnt to hit another exchange in a few days

Sorry to be clear i wouldnt buy hitbtc iou to hold. Buy em and flip em then leave.
www.bitcoin.org
if bancor really do hit $80 as soon it's open on major exchange, I wonder what our haters gonna say ?

$8 billions

Of course it is not and don't entice people to buy at HitBTC. The IOU's that they offer always trade at an insane premium and the price will drop dramatically as soon as a real exchange lists it.

well you never know about it, it could reach $100+ on real exchange.
Activity: 322
Merit: 102

$8 billions

www.bitcoin.org

$8 billions
Activity: 882
Merit: 507
When do we get to the site? Should we go with our regular accounts?
Those iou tokens are great for flipping.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0

www.bitcoin.org
How can I buy BNT atm?
What are my options?

You have to wait until it open for trading you are too late to buy from ICO t the moment no option available to buy this token. Soon you will be able to buy this token from all big exchanges without any problem.

It is tradebale on exchange. HITBTC added it

https://hitbtc.com/exchange/BNT-to-BTC
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1004
How can I buy BNT atm?
What are my options?

You have to wait until it open for trading you are too late to buy from ICO t the moment no option available to buy this token. Soon you will be able to buy this token from all big exchanges without any problem.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
How can I buy BNT atm?
What are my options?

The fundraiser is over. You can buy Bancor once it hits the exchanges. Be patient, it's a great protocol here to stay. You'll have plenty of time, i.o.w. your whole life to purchase some Wink
Activity: 308
How can I buy BNT atm?
What are my options?
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Bancor is trading at 80$ is that real Huh?

Crazy! Very modest volumes though. I will be very happy if it trades for 6% when it's released for real trading.
Activity: 342
Bancor is trading at 80$ is that real Huh?
Activity: 176

So in summary:

• 20% of your investment went into capitalising the asset you now hold
 • 80% of your investment went into capitalising a private company in which you didn't get any shares

Like I say, that's just my understanding of the current equity balance of the ICO. I'm happy to be corrected if wrong.

I think the 20/80 rules only apply to the last 147K ETH that poured into the ICO that was above their intended 250K ETH cap.  So I think the correct way to look at it is that (250+0.2*147)/397 = 70% of your donation went into capitalizing an asset you now hold.  The remaining 30% went to an unplanned, "ex post facto"  fund whose assets you now have no claim over.  For the next 2 years this new fund will purchase tokens (at a price that gives zero profit to the public sellers) and give those tokens back to the Bancor Network that issued them.

Bancor blog clearly states that 20% of raised ETH goes into reserve, which is ~80K. They crowd sold only 50% of BNT (~40M), the other 40M they gave to themselves. In the end, 80M of BNT is backed by 80K of ETH. At a price of 100 BNT per 1 ETH this means 10% reserve ratio.

People, at lest learn times table before you invest into something.

OK, let me zero in a little more considering your logic.  They intended to take in 250K ETH, they ended up with 397K ETH.  As you say, 20% of all ETH goes into reserve so we've got three pots now.  In rounded numbers, (a) 0.2 * 397 = 79K ETH for the reserve; (b) 0.8 * 250 = 200K that actually "paid for" 39M BNT distributed to the public; and (c) 0.8 * (397-250) = 118K ETH that goes into an unexpected "post ex facto" fund to buy back public tokens at ICO price and give them to Bancor Network.  

So the proportion of your donation that actually bought BNT tokens for your own wallet was 200 / 397 = 50.4%.  The other 49.6% of your donation went to buy tokens for the Bancor Network - some now in the reserve pool, the rest over the next 2 years during buyback.  

Final approximate  ICO cost for a single purchased BNT token assuming $400 per ETH is thus 200,000 *400 / 39,000,000 = $2.05 per BNT.

Bancor's loss of control on how and when to stop the ICO  resulted in the percent of your donation actually purchasing tokens FOR YOU slip from the promised 80% to an actual 50.4%.  

Not a very well run ICO.

This is not how that works.

Of the 250k ETH we raised that was our soft cap, 10% goes to the BNT smart token's ETH reserves. The other 90% to the Bprotocol foundation to build the Bancor protocol.

Of the ETH above the 250k (~146k ETH), 80% (~117k ETH) will be put into a smart contract that creates a 0.01 ETH/BNT buy wall, so that the price of BNT can't drop below crowdsale price unless all of this ETH is exhausted. The other 20% is added to the BNT smart contract's ETH reserves.

This still leaves all BNT purchasers with 100% of the ETH they contributed going to buy the BNT they recieved. Not sure where you got a figure any smaller than that. That's not how crowdsales work.
Activity: 176

Just as I thought. What you initially stated is patently false: "Well, 20% of your funds bought into it. The other 80% goes to capitalising the balance sheet of Bitcoin Suisse AG of which you receive no share, at least as far as I understand. Happy to be corrected on that if wrong."

It isn't false.

Money doesn't just disappear into thin air. It's "owned" at all times. If you currently own 20% of the book value of your investment (notwithstanding the correction made below), then somebody else "owns" the other 80%. It is therefore currently sitting on the balance sheet of a private corporate entity which I presume to be the ICO issuer. I'm also assuming it's manifesting as an asset, not a liability, otherwise you'd be waving share certificates at me in your response instead of empty rebuttals.

I think the 20/80 rules only apply to the last 147K ETH that poured into the ICO that was above their intended 250K ETH cap.  So I think the correct way to look at it is that (250+0.2*147)/397 = 70% of your donation went into capitalizing an asset you now hold.  The remaining 30% went to an unplanned, "ex post facto"  fund whose assets you now have no claim over.  For the next 2 years this new fund will purchase tokens (at a price that gives zero profit to the public sellers) and give those tokens back to the Bancor Network that issued them.

Could well be that I have the aggregate ratios wrong. Thanks for the clarification !

Do you know that smart contracts can be the ones owing money?

80% of funds raised above the 250k ETH are being put into a smart contract that no humans have access to.
Jump to: