Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 921. (Read 703509 times)

Activity: 212
Merit: 102
If I have BTC on LIVECOIN exchange they will give me BCC correct? Also if I hold in blockchain.info wallet do I also automatically get BCC? I am not a very hardcore techie and will need a tutorial with private keys etc unless I just hold on LIVECOIN? I don't have a lot but would love to get a small amount even of BCC when it launches.  Smiley

You can export private keys from your blockchain.info "imported addresses" directly on the site, no external tool needed. The top answer below.
https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/50747/i-dont-know-how-to-export-a-private-key-from-blockchain-info

If you don't have any imported addresses, you probably need to do this:
http://bl4nkcode.info/bitcoin/how_to_export_blockchain_wallet_private_key

Instead of importing private key into mycelium, import it into a wallet that supports bitcoin cash. Electrum 2.9 "independence" maybe, I don't know?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
so if  we hold our bitcoin until 2017.08 01 we will get bitcoin cash?  Huh

anyone can tell me ? thank you

If you have exclusive control of say 10 bitcoins (private key / mnemonic seed) and hold them through the fork then you'll naturally have 10 "bitcoins" on each branch (10 BitcoinCore-coins and 10 BitcoinCash-coins if you will).  After the fork, if you are careful (use trustworthy guides and services), then you'll be able to move the 10 coins of one branch without moving their twins on the other branch (see: "replay attacks").  If you only care about one branch then you can sell the coins on the other branch.

Of course, it would be extremely confusing to call both of these assets "bitcoin" so at least one branch will need a new name and ticker.  While imperfect, the most popular assignment is currently:
  • For the Bitcoin Core fork: "bitcoin", "BTC"
  • For the Bitcoin Cash fork: "bitcoincash", "BCC" (caution: conflicts with BitConnect Coin)
how is this different then dumping any sha256 coin for bitcoin? this is just an altcoin, free airdrop also

With airdrops, you typically use signed messages or micro-payments to claim coins on some other ledger.  Here, you have a single private key which controls coins on a pair of ledgers with a common transaction history.  Please be wary of trusting your private keys to new software.

"Altcoin" implies not Bitcoin but both of these coins have a good claim to the name "Bitcoin".

If you think that one of the branches is not really Bitcoin then I challenge you to identify it and explain why.

because the latter will not have usage like the first bitcoin that's why, will not be accepted like the original, it's not about the longest chain for me
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
Is this one the same as BitcoinABC? also I can't run at the same time bitcoin wallet and bitcoin cash wallet? or can I?
Activity: 1358
Merit: 635
Is there (or will it be) any light client wallet for BitcoinCash? The option to have full copy of blockchain on my home PC is not exciting.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
If I have BTC on LIVECOIN exchange they will give me BCC correct?
Probably not.

Also if I hold in blockchain.info wallet do I also automatically get BCC?
No.
You will probably need to use this to extract your private keys from the seed:
https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39

Then you will need to import them on a compatible wallet.

You should better wait for something simple.

Thank you for this kind reply. The Techie stuff is all above my head so I think I will probably miss out on the airdrop sigh.. never mind I will try buy a little bit when all the freebie peeps sell some off.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
Activity: 131
didnt go through everything sorry, but how do i claim my BCC? sign a message?

You won't need to claim it, you will just need to download the BCC wallet client with your current bitcoin private key. If you have funds, depending on what exchange its on they will automatically credit it to you.

Do you are sure you feel confident to dump your private key in a strange and new BCC Wallet you never had hear about just 3 days ago ?

staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
If I have BTC on LIVECOIN exchange they will give me BCC correct?
Probably not.

Also if I hold in blockchain.info wallet do I also automatically get BCC?
No.
You will probably need to use this to extract your private keys from the seed:
https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39

Then you will need to import them on a compatible wallet.

You should better wait for something simple.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
If I have BTC on LIVECOIN exchange they will give me BCC correct? Also if I hold in blockchain.info wallet do I also automatically get BCC? I am not a very hardcore techie and will need a tutorial with private keys etc unless I just hold on LIVECOIN? I don't have a lot but would love to get a small amount even of BCC when it launches.  Smiley
Activity: 489
Merit: 250
in which wallet i have to keep my btc to get free bcc ,and where i can download wallet for both coins thanks
Activity: 254
Merit: 1
As a future holder of Bitcoin Cash I request Segwit support.
What segwit is giving to Bitcoin, you will probably find it on Bitcoin Cash, but as hard fork. Just wait Smiley

Whether it will happen also if HF and split back like this kind of event ?
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
What segwit is giving to Bitcoin, you will probably find it on Bitcoin Cash, but as a hard fork. Just wait Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464
Self made HODLER ✓

How comes noone has even asked the community about it? It's absurd to create the new coin without that issue being resolved and then have to repeat the same fight for years as has happened in Bitcoin. Haven't we learnt anything from it?

Can we have a poll in this thread to at least get some measure of how the sentiment is around this extremely important issue? Thanks!

P.S.: Better to be sure this is really what the community wants than risk a future new split to "Bitcoin Cash Plus". Really.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 513
<3 DeepOnion
i dont really like idea with 8mb block size. how much size need for core client then ? i hope it will not happen...

segwit and 2mb blocks will be enough for now.
Activity: 138
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
The wallets for BCC will only show your BCC. I'm probably going to ignore BCC unless there is an easy way to use my Trezor. I'm hoping their Electrum product will interact with my Trezor, just like my Electrum wallet does now. I hope that I don't have to go through a bunch of confusing steps to ensure that I'm not replaying the transactions. Since I only own 1.8 BTC, I'll see how the market is doing on August 1st to see if it is worth my time. I am assuming that I have the option to claim my BCC at a later date, if by some miracle, this coin succeeds in its coup of Bitcoin. BTW, I can't just import my Trezor private keys into a wallet.(At least I cannot figure out a way to get it to reveal the private keys to me. That's probably a good thing.) I'm also not going to give my 20 word seed to the BCC Electrum product either.

Based on his tweets, I believe Thomas Voegtlin will provide users with a secure way of splitting their coins in the upcoming release 2.9 "Independence".  This page declared such an intent regarding Bitcoin Unlimited and there are strong parallels here.

It's definitely a good idea to avoid any versions of Electrum not signed by Thomas.

I don't forsee any problems specifically relating to using Trezor with Electrum.

I thought that their ultimate goal is to claim that their chain is the rightful chain. To make this claim, I think they would probably want to stick to a name that is not very distinctive at all.

I agree.  Certainly those spearheading this effort hold the view that Bitcoin Cash is the real Bitcoin, just as many people hold that Bitcoin Core's branch is the real Bitcoin.  We can see this minimal brand sidestep in the logo too (a slight rotation) and the fact that they're holding fast to the BTC symbol (I assume with the understanding that many different currencies share the $ symbol successfully).

The only problem I have is with the ticker BCC because it conflicts with BitConnect Coin.  As has been suggested, perhaps BTCC is better.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
The most likely outcome is not that people will complain, it's just that people will sell their free BCC for real BTC, bringing BCC exchange rate quickly close to IXCoin and Devcoin levels, for those who remember Roll Eyes

That we have to wait and see, eh? Maybe the "real" bitcoin will bet BCC at the end, it is a fork and both have the same history behind. If there is one thing we can be sure about is that nobody can predict the future.

Well, you can place your bets then Tongue
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
I've got amazing powers of observation
if its like etc its a good way to get 1/10 more real bitcoin for no work. for this i wont complain.

The most likely outcome is not that people will complain, it's just that people will sell their free BCC for real BTC, bringing BCC exchange rate quickly close to IXCoin and Devcoin levels, for those who remember Roll Eyes

That we have to wait and see, eh? Maybe the "real" bitcoin will bet BCC at the end, it is a fork and both have the same history behind. If there is one thing we can be sure about is that nobody can predict the future.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
if its like etc its a good way to get 1/10 more real bitcoin for no work. for this i wont complain.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021
Is this for real?  Why are we only hearing about this days before the fork?  And I thought that the drama was over . . .

I am concerned this could be FUD.  I appreciate the info on this page, but if I move all of my btc from the 10 places I have it scattered into my private wallet, I want to make sure I'm not giving in to drama.

Is this the consensus here?  To prepare in the event of a btc fork by moving btc to a wallet that I have control over?  

I'm not the most tech savvy person.  But I love crypto and want to protect my many investments.  

Just don't bother with "Bitcoin Cash". Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this will be just one more unnecessary shitcoin, so it's best to ignore it.

Jump to: