Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 922. (Read 703509 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Never, ever, ever import your private keys into a wallet made by Bitcoin Cash developers. EVER. you will lose your coins on both chains

BTW Bitcoin cash is laughable. You have no community support, no one is going to use your chain. Doesn't matter if you have 200 Exahash on your chain, it has no good development or community support.

and the next bullshit-talker.

you may oppose BCC, but it obv has a community backing it. what that means in terms of hashpower and price we will see.

I've been trying to find support for it on reddit, twitter, youtube, etc. Why do you support it? It has no good developers, it's decisions are completely centralized. Makes no sense. You must be either an insider of it, a shill or an idiot.

first, who said i support anything? i just explained to you that there is obv a community supporting it. maybe start lookin a little further than r/bitcoin and you will eventually find it.

If you can't even get support on youtube via willing-to-sell-out shills, then what hope does this have? You don't support it? When why do you argue on behalf of it? Why do you have so much time to waste promoting this nonsense? (assuming you're not getting paid)

Look at https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Bitcoin%20cash%22&src=typd -- 90% of the comments are hostile against it

Still have no answer regarding lack of good developers... All the good devs are pro-segwit

Hopefully you're getting paid for shilling this nonsense otherwise you're a legitimately handicapped person and I feel sorry for you

I support both branches.  Putting aside politics and questionable actors, I appreciate the primary arguments of both sides and see the scaling situation as an unresolvable difference of opinion.  On this matter, I believe both sides would be better off apart from one another, a position I've held for nearly two years now.

There are many good developers on the Bitcoin Unlimited and Bitcoin Classic teams.

The high level of hostility and mindless mud-slinging you both reference and demonstrate is evidence that there is significant support and that that support is growing.  When taken to extremes the hatred can actually promote growth (consider Trump's election).
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
While the idea of a hardfork in spite of BIP91 can be materialized into real software, to the tune of "because I can", well, why not.

But the name "Bitcoin Cash" seems unfortunate. It will only confuse newcomers as BTC and BCC will obviously become two completely different currencies, i.e. not interoperable. Let's see how it's goes, though Huh

I thought that their ultimate goal is to claim that their chain is the rightful chain. To make this claim, I think they would probably want to stick to a name that is not very distinctive at all.
Activity: 588
Merit: 541
Are you guys for real? you fork Bitcoin and then host an exchange yourself then ask people to import their keys or give their coins to you to freeze them?

Is the majority of market in support of your actions or just you are doing all of this by yourself? problem is not by your hash power being almost %35 of

The total hash power of Bitcoin network, problem is you, only one person with that hash power tries to fork, if you really want the support of community

Then you'd need to do it at least with 50 miners not one-three close friends, this is what we call centralization.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
While the idea of a hardfork in spite of BIP91 can be materialized into real software, to the tune of "because I can", well, why not.

But the name "Bitcoin Cash" seems unfortunate. It will only confuse newcomers as BTC and BCC will obviously become two completely different currencies, i.e. not interoperable. Let's see how it's goes, though Huh
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Is this for real?  Why are we only hearing about this days before the fork?  And I thought that the drama was over . . .

I am concerned this could be FUD.  I appreciate the info on this page, but if I move all of my btc from the 10 places I have it scattered into my private wallet, I want to make sure I'm not giving in to drama.

Is this the consensus here?  To prepare in the event of a btc fork by moving btc to a wallet that I have control over? 

I'm not the most tech savvy person.  But I love crypto and want to protect my many investments. 

The best tip I can give you for protecting your crypto investments is to make sure that you have control of the keys (hardware wallets, paper wallets, most wallets with a "backup" option).  Sadly, this is still difficult for all but the most popular cryptocurrencies.  Don't store your investments on exchanges which have an improving but still dreadful track-record: about a third of all cryptocurrency exchanges that have ever existed have failed, often leaving the users with nothing.

This applies whether or not there is a looming fork.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
didnt go through everything sorry, but how do i claim my BCC? sign a message?

You won't need to claim it, you will just need to download the BCC wallet client with your current bitcoin private key. If you have funds, depending on what exchange its on they will automatically credit it to you.

are these wallets trusted? and i guess it will show both the real btc and bcc right?

The wallets for BCC will only show your BCC. I'm probably going to ignore BCC unless there is an easy way to use my Trezor. I'm hoping their Electrum product will interact with my Trezor, just like my Electrum wallet does now. I hope that I don't have to go through a bunch of confusing steps to ensure that I'm not replaying the transactions. Since I only own 1.8 BTC, I'll see how the market is doing on August 1st to see if it is worth my time. I am assuming that I have the option to claim my BCC at a later date, if by some miracle, this coin succeeds in its coup of Bitcoin. BTW, I can't just import my Trezor private keys into a wallet.(At least I cannot figure out a way to get it to reveal the private keys to me. That's probably a good thing.) I'm also not going to give my 20 word seed to the BCC Electrum product either.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

You won't need to claim it, you will just need to download the BCC wallet client with your current bitcoin private key. If you have funds, depending on what exchange its on they will automatically credit it to you.

are these wallets trusted? and i guess it will show both the real btc and bcc right?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
just hope that this will not happen. I only support 1 kind of bitcoin and if bitcoin split into two, it will eventually makes the whole cryptocurrency market crash... Well, but as Hostfat said, we support the freedom of choice...

I don't think Bitcoin Cash will have any noticeable effect on the market. Just look at coinmarketcap - how many altcoins have the word "Bitcoin" in the name? There's Bitcoin TX, Bitcoin Plus, Bitcoin Dark, and a few more. Nobody cares about these fake bitcoins. Bitcoin Cash will probably be just another me-too-coin.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Is this for real?  Why are we only hearing about this days before the fork?  And I thought that the drama was over . . .

I am concerned this could be FUD.  I appreciate the info on this page, but if I move all of my btc from the 10 places I have it scattered into my private wallet, I want to make sure I'm not giving in to drama.

Is this the consensus here?  To prepare in the event of a btc fork by moving btc to a wallet that I have control over?  

I'm not the most tech savvy person.  But I love crypto and want to protect my many investments.  

Just don't bother with "Bitcoin Cash". Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this will be just one more unnecessary shitcoin, so it's best to ignore it.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem
just hope that this will not happen. I only support 1 kind of bitcoin and if bitcoin split into two, it will eventually makes the whole cryptocurrency market crash... Well, but as Hostfat said, we support the freedom of choice...
Activity: 521
Merit: 256
I really don't like to see this fork since it only brings insecurity, but oh well... I have my popcorn ready and we'll see how this all ends Smiley
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
Never, ever, ever import your private keys into a wallet made by Bitcoin Cash developers. EVER. you will lose your coins on both chains

BTW Bitcoin cash is laughable. You have no community support, no one is going to use your chain. Doesn't matter if you have 200 Exahash on your chain, it has no good development or community support.

you may oppose BCC, but it obv has a community backing it. what that means in terms of hashpower and price we will see.

I've been trying to find support for it on reddit, twitter, youtube, etc. Why do you support it? It has no good developers, it's decisions are completely centralized. Makes no sense. You must be either an insider of it, a shill or an idiot.

first, who said i support anything? i just explained to you that there is obv a community supporting it. maybe start lookin a little further than r/bitcoin and you will eventually find it.

If you can't even get support on youtube via willing-to-sell-out shills, then what hope does this have? You don't support it? When why do you argue on behalf of it? Why do you have so much time to waste promoting this nonsense? (assuming you're not getting paid)

Look at https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Bitcoin%20cash%22&src=typd -- 90% of the comments are hostile against it

Still have no answer regarding lack of good developers... All the good devs are pro-segwit

Hopefully you're getting paid for shilling this nonsense otherwise you're a legitimately handicapped person and I feel sorry for you

You are just unable to understand, aren't you? I am not arguing in favor or against anything. You stated that there is no community behind BCC and i called you out on bullshit. Simple as that.

If there are skilled developers or not or it's rushed or not, if they are on you-tube or not, if you like BCC or not. I don't give a fuck.

Activity: 95
Merit: 4

Activity: 1204
Merit: 501
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
You are not serious. The forum is called BitcoinTalk and topic like this one are ridiculous. Ok if it is all about the block size problem go and use Bitbean. Bitbean has 20mb block size.
Activity: 743
Merit: 502
When can I sell this BCC SHITCOIN (BLACK COCK CUISINE?)
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Is this for real?  Why are we only hearing about this days before the fork?  And I thought that the drama was over . . .

I am concerned this could be FUD.  I appreciate the info on this page, but if I move all of my btc from the 10 places I have it scattered into my private wallet, I want to make sure I'm not giving in to drama.

Is this the consensus here?  To prepare in the event of a btc fork by moving btc to a wallet that I have control over? 

I'm not the most tech savvy person.  But I love crypto and want to protect my many investments. 
BCC looks like an appeal to the segment of the Bitcoin users that don’t like Segwit. Since Segwit is getting activated on Bitcoin, this fork gives many of these people a place to go.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100

Agree,  import private keys in different wallets or in a Webpage is high risk to be scammed and lose coins.  

Jump to: