Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 923. (Read 703509 times)

ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
Is this for real?  Why are we only hearing about this days before the fork?  And I thought that the drama was over . . .

I am concerned this could be FUD.  I appreciate the info on this page, but if I move all of my btc from the 10 places I have it scattered into my private wallet, I want to make sure I'm not giving in to drama.

Is this the consensus here?  To prepare in the event of a btc fork by moving btc to a wallet that I have control over? 

I'm not the most tech savvy person.  But I love crypto and want to protect my many investments. 

If you are interested in owning/selling BCC then you probably should move your coins. otherwise you dont have to care.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
If I have my Bitcoins on coinomi would I be able to get these coins or should I just put them on my personal computer with the full node wallet?? I don't want to miss out on this....
Yes, by using this.
https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39

You will be able to extract the private keys and importing them on a Bitcoin Cash compatible wallet.

Any idea about the roadmap of Bitcoin Cash? When do they plan to upgrade to Segwit?
Everything that does Segwit can be done as also hard fork, as the malleability fix.
Thank you for the reply it is much appreciated I try to download the Bitcoin blockchain but it takes so so long and then the blocks need to resync all the time, it is really a pain... Thanks again for your help.
ImI
legendary
first, who said i support anything? i just explained to you that there is obv a community supporting it. maybe start lookin a little further than r/bitcoin and you will eventually find it.

i think i'd class it as more of a cabal than a community myself. the people who'll be trying to drive it are not out in the open.

i'd say it's quite unnecessary to discuss if this or that qualifies as community and what size and what not and so on. fact is at r/btc and elsewhere lots of folks support BCC. to do a fork from any open-source project and obv also from BTC is possible and so (even if you think it's just a cabal of a handful of persons) only thing that's left is just to sit and watch. it's interesting! even if you disagree with them or not, cause it helps to understand underlying dynamics and incentives in the ecosystem.

Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Is this for real?  Why are we only hearing about this days before the fork?  And I thought that the drama was over . . .

I am concerned this could be FUD.  I appreciate the info on this page, but if I move all of my btc from the 10 places I have it scattered into my private wallet, I want to make sure I'm not giving in to drama.

Is this the consensus here?  To prepare in the event of a btc fork by moving btc to a wallet that I have control over? 

I'm not the most tech savvy person.  But I love crypto and want to protect my many investments. 
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
first, who said i support anything? i just explained to you that there is obv a community supporting it. maybe start lookin a little further than r/bitcoin and you will eventually find it.

i think i'd class it as more of a cabal than a community myself. the people who'll be trying to drive it are not out in the open.
ImI
legendary
Never, ever, ever import your private keys into a wallet made by Bitcoin Cash developers. EVER. you will lose your coins on both chains

BTW Bitcoin cash is laughable. You have no community support, no one is going to use your chain. Doesn't matter if you have 200 Exahash on your chain, it has no good development or community support.

and the next bullshit-talker.

you may oppose BCC, but it obv has a community backing it. what that means in terms of hashpower and price we will see.

I've been trying to find support for it on reddit, twitter, youtube, etc. Why do you support it? It has no good developers, it's decisions are completely centralized. Makes no sense. You must be either an insider of it, a shill or an idiot.

Activity: 95
Merit: 4
Never, ever, ever import your private keys into a wallet made by Bitcoin Cash developers. EVER. you will lose your coins on both chains

BTW Bitcoin cash is laughable. You have no community support, no one is going to use your chain. Doesn't matter if you have 200 Exahash on your chain, it has no good development or community support.

you may oppose BCC, but it obv has a community backing it. what that means in terms of hashpower and price we will see.

Where's the community supporting this? I've been trying to find support for it on reddit, twitter, youtube, etc. Why do you support it? It has no good developers, it's decisions are completely centralized. Makes no sense. You must be either an insider of it, a shill or an idiot.
Activity: 526
Merit: 508
My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
Hostfat is gonna die!

That a threat?
ImI
legendary

If this would happen than we will see some support from community about coin too but that is valid point no need to rush to import our private keys in a hurry. I'm still doubtful about the future of this coin just following the whole event at the moment.

then just take a sidestep and watch!

bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general are still an ongoing experiment and no participant in this field (be it devs, users, miners or whatever) has a clue how it will unfold.

just watch and enjoy.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 504

If this would happen than we will see some support from community about coin too but that is valid point no need to rush to import our private keys in a hurry. I'm still doubtful about the future of this coin just following the whole event at the moment.
ImI
legendary

remember the ETH - ETC split. i could really be possible that BCC will have support.

ETC had community support & dev support. A lot of it. (I supported ETC)
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

remember the ETH - ETC split. i could really be possible that BCC will have support.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113
If you own a Ledger Wallet you are covered. You can move your BTC there pre fork. https://blog.ledger.co/securing-your-free-bitcoin-cash-stash-d50aff765688

this is what i for looking for and what i am looking forward to. thanks for sharing this link.

i am really curios about what will happen at the end of this month.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
If you own a Ledger Wallet you are covered. You can move your BTC there pre fork. https://blog.ledger.co/securing-your-free-bitcoin-cash-stash-d50aff765688

This is true, however, most people dont have a hardware wallet and I think what they are saying is that there is a risk when importing your BTC private key there is a moment that the BCC wallet will have access to your BTC private key. This seems to be the issue for the previous poster. Hardware wallet is definitely the way to go e.g. Ledger Nano S. There was a backlog for ledger hardware wallets a few weeks back and not enough time to get one by 1 Aug unless the backlog is now cleared.

Yes, that is still a valid concern. I was just passing along the info from Ledger. Hoping Trezor and other wallets will follow suit to make it easier for people. Unfortunately it seems as if all hardware wallets are indeed on back order so you will not be able to get one before the fork.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

This is true, however, most people dont have a hardware wallet and I think what they are saying is that there is a risk when importing your BTC private key there is a moment that the BCC wallet will have access to your BTC private key. This seems to be the issue for the previous poster. Hardware wallet is definitely the way to go e.g. Ledger Nano S. There was a backlog for ledger hardware wallets a few weeks back and not enough time to get one by 1 Aug unless the backlog is now cleared.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
Interesting proposal from a staff member. Although, if you're going to consider this 'cash' there should be proper privacy improvements in place over Bitcoin to mimic cash transactions. In the most traditional financial sense, Bitcoin most resembles debit card transactions. It was designed this way for transparency purposes. Unlike debit card transactions, cash on the other hand cannot be traced.

since it's probably sponsored by the chinese government i think it's safe to say they ain't gonna pay much attention to anonymity.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Interesting proposal from a staff member. Although, if you're going to consider this 'cash' there should be proper privacy improvements in place over Bitcoin to mimic cash transactions. In the most traditional financial sense, Bitcoin most resembles debit card transactions. It was designed this way for transparency purposes. Unlike debit card transactions, cash on the other hand cannot be traced.
Jump to: