Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitcoinStore.com (Beta) - Electronics super store with over 500K items! - page 20. (Read 75307 times)

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002
Find something hot, that you can undercut the rest of the web on, and get it posted on SlickDeals.net.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Meh. How about we just get that bitcoin debit card already and then buy direct from Amazon.

- Restless bitcoin mob

If you want bitcoin to become really popular and valuable, it needs big merchants like Amazon to accept it directly.  If Amazon starts getting undercut on sales, they will notice, and they will look at ways to reduce their risk and cost of collecting payments online.  Bitcoin solves that problem, as Roger is about to demonstrate to the world.

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
The main menu goes all over the place for me. Very difficult to browse the site Sad
Activity: 383
Merit: 250
Yes! Yes! Yes!

This is exactly what Bitcoin needs IMO.

The site seems a bit slow on responses, but I'm hoping that will be fixed soon.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Meh. How about we just get that bitcoin debit card already and then buy direct from Amazon.

- Restless bitcoin mob
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
This looks awesome! It'd give anyone checking it out a real incentive to buy if you fetched competitor prices and posted them alongside the BitcoinStore price. Also, misspelled "Greater than" and "Less than" in the price categorizations (which don't seem to work, by the way).
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Haha I recognize this magento theme.
Might have to buy some stuff, still browsing Tongue
Activity: 519
Merit: 252
Would like to see brand names in the links on the browse pages. Hard to navigate things that are just generically named like "20 inch monitor...".

Seconded. There is a (related?) problem with search, for example no hits for "thinkpad" or "lenovo" even though such machines are clearly available after some tedious browsing around.

Edit: search seems to work now, thanks!
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1078
Nice work Roger, looking very slick.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003
Yes if you have > $1000 it will let you checkout.  As of now, the bitcoin rate is not pulled until you get all the way down to the bottom of the form (Step 6) and click Place Order.

This does not apply to the address correction issue. I had more than 1k in cart, but could not edit the shipping address to somewhere they ship to and thus could not progress to checkout.

You should enable some option to clear everything, so the user does not get stuck with invalid information that there is no straightforward way to correct.

legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
Price range links don't seem to work. In fact, categorization in general doesn't seem to be correct at all.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Would like to see brand names in the links on the browse pages. Hard to navigate things that are just generically named like "20 inch monitor...".
Activity: 742
Yes if you have > $1000 it will let you checkout.  As of now, the bitcoin rate is not pulled until you get all the way down to the bottom of the form (Step 6) and click Place Order.

Hopefully soon the entire bitcoin payment section will be embedded in Section 6, eliminating a couple clicks to the checkout process.

We have this working now on http://stompromp.com if you'd like to pretend to buy some guitar strings, get down to step 6 and see how it works!  or just look at this screencap, you get the idea.  The BitcoinStore should have this same functionality very soon.

Activity: 614
I decided to create an actual account. First I tried to create account as I was walking through the checkout process, but that wouldn't work. So, I went to the sign up button and that allowed me to create an account. Then I went to checkout and there were only 5 steps instead of 7 or something. Anyways, that let me get all the way down to step five where it says "place order." But I didn't press the place order button. It should give me the price in bitcoin before I hit the place order button.
Yes, I added a computer just to get above the $1k mark. I wasn't going to buy anything yet. I just wanted to see the checkout total with Bitcoin. =)

So the problem was solved as soon as you had the $1000 in your cart?

It let me proceed to checkout, but not get past the first or second step.
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
Yes, I added a computer just to get above the $1k mark. I wasn't going to buy anything yet. I just wanted to see the checkout total with Bitcoin. =)

So the problem was solved as soon as you had the $1000 in your cart?
Yeah, I can't progress past part one when trying to order.

Do you have more than $1,000 in your basket?  (This is the current order minimum durring beta)

Any chance of just putting all prices in terms of Bitcoin as well as dollars?

This should be live by tomorrow.

vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155

Do you have more than $1,000 in your basket?  (This is the current order minimum durring beta)

This should be live by tomorrow.

Pages:
Jump to: