Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitcoinStore.com (Beta) - Electronics super store with over 500K items! - page 19. (Read 75307 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011
Why is your stuff so old? Especially laptops I only find intel 2xxx stuff
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Congrat for the HackerNews frontpage! Wow! http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4737356
Got here via HN too Wink

International shipping is still being worked on, disregard all the numbers currently.
Phew, okay!
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Avalon ASIC Team
International shipping is still being worked on, disregard all the numbers currently.

For now we are focusing the test on User Experience. this includes graphics user interface, search, categories, photos, product description and sorts, in addition to gather some stats on the site in general, keep them bug reports coming guys! bonus for screenshots.
Lip
Activity: 20
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
There is currently a $1,000 order minium during our beta launch.  (This will be removed soon)

I will buy some stuff once this is removed.

will you ship to Canada?

I checked and they do. Expect to pay in the neighborhood of $90 for shipping minimum. They are using Federal Express and private couriers are just awful for shipping internationally. They really need to use USPS for international orders to deal with these outrageous shipping costs.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
There is currently a $1,000 order minium during our beta launch.  (This will be removed soon)

I will buy some stuff once this is removed.

will you ship to Canada?
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Hope thhis is a game changer to bitcoin .
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
I don't know where are you getting your international shipping prices from, but someone is stealing, if not you, the shipping company.
$300 to ship a laptop to Europe, really?
A flat rate USPS box that can fit a laptop costs $55... Roll Eyes
Activity: 47
Great initiative! Can't wait till the beta ends; the $1000 minimum and $110 shipping costs are absurd. Also the site is slow, randomly empties your cart, and displays USD. All beta issues I hope...
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
Just trying to load the main page results in:

Quote from: BitcoinStore.com
There has been an error processing your request

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Error log record number: (random)
Activity: 742
It's redirecting to the Magento Install script now:
http://www.bitcoinstore.com/index.php/install/

Which I'm fairly certain is something I should not have access to  Grin

Appears to have been fixed now
legendary
Activity: 1470
Hello!

Maybe you can install your blog on the site now  Tongue
Activity: 742

legendary
Activity: 1470
Hello!
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
legendary
Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014
In order to maintain these competitive prices, I will need to sell more than $800K USD worth of goods per quarter,  so please place your orders and help spread the word!

If a user buys $1000 worth of computer supplies every three months then:

$800,000 / $1000 = 800

It would only take 800 orders per quarter.  Seems doable in the long run.  Hopefully sooner than later.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Nice thing Roger, hope it works!

Comparative advertising is legal in the USA right? I think you can put more weight on that. Make price comparisons of feautured products on your front page, like you did in this OP.

Also, I was trying to find "iphone 5" and was not able to. I dont know whether you have that on shelf or not but to grind through 31k results is impossible, even organizing according to price is no better if you have pages of 50k+ USD and under 5 USD results it would take forever to get to the iphone 5 price segment. If you try the same thing on amazon its also a bit of a hassle, but there you have more categories to narrow your search down to, like showing only Apple products for example. Maybe you could improve on that before going out of beta.

One more thing, when I selected "show all results" on the upper left bar it froze. I presume the server tried to create a page for me with all 31k results on it. You could solve that problem (I think) if you only showed all the results one currently views on screen, like in google picture search.

Cheers
Activity: 868
I got an error trying to access this page: http://www.bitcoinstore.com/pcslaptops/portable-computers.html

But after refreshing it a few times it came up.

Additionally - I would just call the category Laptops&Tablets, not "portable computers."
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
I'm crying!!! with joy!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Oh lord thank you, finally!
Pages:
Jump to: