Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1370. (Read 2509928 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
Is there an ETA on when the multipool opens back up?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Good points UdjinM6 and Jabulon.

I do agree I enjoyed how unified everyone was for the multipool this past weekend. So what I'll do is let us launch with just the one pool and rally the stake holders together there... and a week or two from now launch a 2nd pool that (like Jabulon said) could serve as a failover or just another choice (as UdjinM6 said) for stake holders.

Thanks guys for your feedback!
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
Hey I have a question... I posted this on the BC reddit.. but there's not much activity on there.

Would it be overkill to have more than one BC multipool? I kinda want stake holders to have a choice of which pool they want to use. I have a pool setup with coin switching and auto payout.. but I didn't want to launch it if the community felt more than one multipool was too much.

Any thoughts on this?
I think it's great!
We have multiple BTC multipools now. Why shouldn't we have multiple BC multipools too?
Some pros as far as I can see:
1) I guess you might have another strategy which coin to mine so we could have a competition here and it would lead to more profit for everyone!
2) It's always nice to have a choice (UI, server locations and so on)
3) Diversification is also a huge advantage I think. So in case one pool would have problems another one can "catch falling flag" and keep pushing BC up!

I don't know how everyone else feels, but for me one of the principle gains we made over the weekend through the multipool beta was the strengthening of the community. It had a powerful unifying effect, and that is hugely important. While I think it would be nice to have a failover option, for the time being I think the singular 'official' multipool is the way to go, for the unifying force it generates. Just my two cents.

Spot on mate. I sold off my stash of MINT today and went all in on BC at 2100 - looking like a much better coin to be honest. The low has been tested, positive upward trend forming, stable and supportive community. This thing is just gonna explode when more and more people sell off their MINT, DOGE, other coins that are generally not going anywhere by down for the forseeable future.

mint seems to be steadily dropping as BC is steadily rising .
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Hey I have a question... I posted this on the BC reddit.. but there's not much activity on there.

Would it be overkill to have more than one BC multipool? I kinda want stake holders to have a choice of which pool they want to use. I have a pool setup with coin switching and auto payout.. but I didn't want to launch it if the community felt more than one multipool was too much.

Any thoughts on this?
I think it's great!
We have multiple BTC multipools now. Why shouldn't we have multiple BC multipools too?
1) I guess you might have another strategy which coin to mine so we could have a competition here and it would lead to more profit for everyone!
3) Diversification is also a huge advantage I think. So in case one pool would have problems another one can "catch falling flag" and keep pushing BC up!

I don't know how everyone else feels, but for me one of the principle gains we made over the weekend through the multipool beta was the strengthening of the community. It had a powerful unifying effect, and that is hugely important. While I think it would be nice to have a failover option, for the time being I think the singular 'official' multipool is the way to go, for the unifying force it generates. Just my two cents.

Spot on mate. I sold off my stash of MINT today and went all in on BC at 2100 - looking like a much better coin to be honest. The low has been tested, positive upward trend forming, stable and supportive community. This thing is just gonna explode when more and more people sell off their MINT, DOGE, other coins that are generally not going anywhere by down for the forseeable future.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Any thoughts on this?
I think it's great!

legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

Any thoughts on this?
I think it's great!
Activity: 294
This is starting to look like a great future "collectors coins." This mother is going to be rare as fuck in about 3 years.

Any thoughts on this?
Activity: 248
would there be a new MULTIPOOL for this coin? i'll be renting 20mhs @ betarigs.com once it is launched. Cheesy

I think you will get more BCs by investing the 0.16 BTC now by trading some, because the price will likely go up once the pool has launched so your payout in BCs will be smaller.
Or if he  wait 2 weeks and dumps will start from some sharks and other inpatient people price will slowly go up.
After few month he will get more BC/BTC.
But as you i think there is no point in first 3days hiring rings  those rings are to expensive.
I can allow myself to support coin with some part of hash rate to get liquid flow BC overall.
I know that in long therm this is win even at begin it can course some losses to miners.
Worst thing  are uncontrolled pumps dumps are ok miners will take out them with pleasure.
After some time pumper will have to buy more expensive and more expensive BC...
Generally for miner that will be win but it will take some time.
God save us from hype this weekend Cheesy.

There could be funny scenario:
1 Shark is buing eg 2BTC - 10000BC
2 Hype shark is selling 10000BC for 4BTC...
3 Shark want play again but price is now higher and buy 10000BC for 4BTC at new flor
4 no hype he want sell and he wil at for eg 10000BC for 5BTC...
5 Shark want ear again he will buy 10000 BC for 6BTC
And up and up if all will go smooth...
Profit ? not so fast if price will go up and up wihen mooltipool in pumping.

Lets hope the pool will be able to produce the demand required for your scenario Wink Would teach those whales a lesson that this isn't the right coin for their stupid games.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002
would there be a new MULTIPOOL for this coin? i'll be renting 20mhs @ betarigs.com once it is launched. Cheesy

I think you will get more BCs by investing the 0.16 BTC now by trading some, because the price will likely go up once the pool has launched so your payout in BCs will be smaller.
Or if he  wait 2 weeks and dumps will start from some sharks and other inpatient people price will slowly go up.
After few month he will get more BC/BTC.
But as you i think there is no point in first 3days hiring rings  those rings are to expensive.
I can allow myself to support coin with some part of hash rate to get liquid flow BC overall.
I know that in long therm this is win even at begin it can course some losses to miners.
Worst thing  are uncontrolled pumps dumps are ok miners will take out them with pleasure.
After some time pumper will have to buy more expensive and more expensive BC...
Generally for miner that will be win but it will take some time.
God save us from hype this weekend Cheesy.

There could be funny scenario:
1 Shark is buing eg 2BTC - 10000BC
2 Hype shark is selling 10000BC for 4BTC...
3 Shark want play again but price is now higher and buy 10000BC for 4BTC at new flor
4 no hype he want sell and he wil at for eg 10000BC for 5BTC...
5 Shark want ear again he will buy 10000 BC for 6BTC
And up and up if all will go smooth...
Profit ? not so fast if price will go up and up wihen mooltipool in pumping.
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io

But everyone mining BC will be seeing the value rise, so whatever you mine, will be worth more the next day Smiley

That's why buying it, and mining it, will eventually bring a profit.

Anyway, the pool will be up soon. Hopefully before friday. Smiley
Activity: 248

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
i love watching pumps

me tooo. But with my mouse on the sell button Wink))

started with 583 and upt it to 602

its a little profit, sitting in class not learning playing the coingamezz

You can't really call that profit until you get out of it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Can I remove the wallet directory without deleting my private keys? I sent some money to the address on my wallet, but can't access it because the blockchain hasn't updated.

My setup: Ubuntu 13.10 x64

Install instructions (all dependencies previously downloaded & updated):

Code:
git clone [email protected]:rat4/blackcoin.git
cd blackcoin/src
make -f makefile.unix

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x64

And I followed these direction line by line (just replacing dogecoin with blackcoin) -> http://www.dogeco.in/wiki/index.php/Compiling_Dogecoind_on_Ubuntu/Debian

I would do like the person earlier said and ask the dev on the blackcoin forums.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
I've been having a bit of trouble running the headless client (blackcoind) after installation. The wallet downloaded fine, but has been hung on block 15000 for the past week.

Running 'getinfo' gives me this:

Code:
{
    "version" : "v1.0.0.0-g32a928e",
    "protocolversion" : 60012,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 15000,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "moneysupply" : 74473071.15557145,
    "connections" : 1,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "107.170.6.172",
    "difficulty" : {
        "proof-of-work" : 242.36806749,
        "proof-of-stake" : 0.66245818
    },
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1394768504,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00010000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}

It looks like an older wallet version (current is v1.0.3), even though I downloaded directly from git (https://github.com/rat4/blackcoin) which should have the latest.

Any help would be appreciated.

That's strange ... I just installed blackcoind on Ubuntu last night and it flew through the block update. I would say remove your wallet directory and restart the server.

I had trouble with Ubuntu instal too.  What version of Ubuntu did you use mellomike, and how did you go about installing?

Can I remove the wallet directory without deleting my private keys? I sent some money to the address on my wallet, but can't access it because the blockchain hasn't updated.

My setup: Ubuntu 13.10 x64

Install instructions (all dependencies previously downloaded & updated):

Code:
git clone [email protected]:rat4/blackcoin.git
cd blackcoin/src
make -f makefile.unix
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
I've been having a bit of trouble running the headless client (blackcoind) after installation. The wallet downloaded fine, but has been hung on block 15000 for the past week.

Code:
{
    },
}

It looks like an older wallet version (current is v1.0.3), even though I downloaded directly from git (https://github.com/rat4/blackcoin) which should have the latest.

That's strange ... I just installed blackcoind on Ubuntu last night and it flew through the block update. I would say remove your wallet directory and restart the server.

I had trouble with Ubuntu instal too.  What version of Ubuntu did you use mellomike, and how did you go about installing?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

Code:
{
    },
}

Try go on our forum.
http://www.blackcointalk.com/
Dev will help you for sure.

Here he is not active so much.
There is section for problems.

Code:
{
    },
}

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

Code:
{
    },
}

Jump to: