Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 915. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 301
when i make a backup there is only a file wallet.dat.
then i can remove the whole map were the wallet is installed?

and when i want the wallet back ... i copy'd the wallet.dat from usb and download the wallet again?
is this how it works?
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Guys........today my 27k bcs have been stolen.

I am shattered completely. It is sad that I can no longer buy any bc now as i have no money left.

Somebody with address B5QC3Fb7D4WGfXXd3EgvJLFEQuwGKDcKVD (bastard) stole my all money.

This is really sad.....I think my wallet has been hacked.

any help

That is really bad Sad

Was your wallet:

1. Encrypted and closed for staking not connected to the Internet
2. Encrypted and closed for staking but connected to the Internet
3. Encrypted but temporarily opened for staking and by definition connected to the Internet
3. Unencrypted and staking and by definition connected to the Internet

Also:
4. Do you have AV installed and if so which one?
5. Do you have a firewall and have you blocked all unknown apps to the Internet
6. OS that your wallet was kept on.
7. Did you have a strong password and please tell us the complexity of the pwd you had for your wallet eg. 8 char, 1 digit etc.
AV was installed but it was connected to computer and pwd was 8 ch with capital and few numbers

Encrypted but temporarily opened for staking and by definition connected to the Internet
firewall was not there
Windows 7

Firewall doesn't help and AV are necessarily late on threatens.
To be secure on the whole process is critical : from wallet creation to transactions. Avoid Microsoft Windows.

avoiding microsoft is all good and true, how ever linix has pretty limited driver support for most of my hardware that i have running so i have to stick with windows.

Try this :
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/daily-live/current/

To manage your money you only need keyboard, mouse, video card and Wifi or Ethernet. I can't imagine Ubuntu unable to handle this.
Buy a dedicated cheap basic laptop, even a second-hand one. In my opinion this is the price for a decentralized currency. Remember : you are your own bank.
Activity: 382
Merit: 250

I am shattered completely. It is sad that I can no longer buy any bc now as i have no money left.

Somebody with address B5QC3Fb7D4WGfXXd3EgvJLFEQuwGKDcKVD (bastard) stole my all money.

any help

did you encrypt your wallet? Once your coins where stolen you wont find them back i think

i had encrypted it but unlocked for stacking for three hours

I feel sorry for you to but only have 1200 coins myself so cant donate..

Hey guys keep your bc very very safe.........and plz avoid the feeling that I am getting now....its really bad...you cant even cry!!!
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

any help

That is really bad Sad

Was your wallet:

3. Encrypted but temporarily opened for staking and by definition connected to the Internet

Also:
7. Did you have a strong password and please tell us the complexity of the pwd you had for your wallet eg. 8 char, 1 digit etc.
AV was installed but it was connected to computer and pwd was 8 ch with capital and few numbers

Encrypted but temporarily opened for staking and by definition connected to the Internet
firewall was not there
Windows 7

You probably got malware on your PC then.

Until there is some kind of 2FA for making payment from the wallet one should take a wallet off the Internet, make a backup and only go online to make a payment, transfer small amounts to a temp mobile wallet or to collect interest once per year and wiping all traces of app and wallet from your PC after each time. The bane of crypto-currency. If there is money and value the hackers will follow. Challenge to the devs to implement something to protect the open wallets sitting on the Net, or at least a detailed guide for the layman of how to protect his wallet when using PoS.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

any help

That is really bad Sad

Was your wallet:

Also:

firewall was not there
Windows 7

To be secure on the whole process is critical : from wallet creation to transactions. Avoid Microsoft Windows.

avoiding microsoft is all good and true, how ever linix has pretty limited driver support for most of my hardware that i have running so i have to stick with windows.
i do not want to burden u with donations but sadly enough i have no money left to buy and loosing faith is another task ahead of me
Activity: 105

any help

did you encrypt your wallet? Once your coins where stolen you wont find them back i think

I feel sorry for you to but only have 1200 coins myself so cant donate..
Activity: 248

any help

That is really bad Sad

Was your wallet:

Also:

The private keys could have been stolen before the wallet encryption, furthermore, a keylogger can catch your password.

This is the third case now in two days I heard of and its always windows ... I really think there is a keylogger going around and the BC hype attracted it to scan the tasks for blackcoin-qt (or how its called on windows).

devachelekar, important: change all your passwords, especially your exchange passwords (MintPal etc.). Do NOT use your current workstation for that, if you don't have anything else then use your phone.

any help

That is really bad Sad

Was your wallet:

Also:

firewall was not there
Windows 7

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
You have a keylogger in your computer. Search for it and remove.
Another great example why to have decent AV and FW.
Windows can be just as safe as any other OS. People are just careless or clueless.

any help

That is really bad Sad

Was your wallet:

Also:

firewall was not there
Windows 7
he took them in five transactions  100  1000 9000 12500 11 or so

any help

That is really bad Sad

Was your wallet:

Also:

The private keys could have been stolen before the wallet encryption, furthermore, a keylogger can catch your password.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
feel for ya loss mate.  makes you wonder how they know you had them. the way things have been lately it pays to just keep BC offline and not worry about stakeing as the risk of haveing them stolen are to great

any help

That is really bad Sad

Was your wallet:

Also:

firewall was not there
Windows 7
Activity: 98
Can I just remove my blackcoin map to delete it and be save? Or do I first need to delete a specific file?
legendary

any help

That is really bad Sad

Was your wallet:

Also:

And the other questions?

any help

That is really bad Sad

Was your wallet:

Also:
legendary

any help

Once again : don't use a weak OS for managing your money. Ubuntu 14.04 LTS is about to come. I personnaly use Linux for security reasons, and I recommand you to try this :
http://xubuntu.org/

I just back upped my wallet to 6 usb sticks that i am going to store in a locker at a bank.
And I have then deleted all files related to blackcoin on my pc by using eraser. No way I can get hacked now.

Are you not doing staking?
Activity: 623
Merit: 501

any help

How sad!  Sad Can't you use a wallet backup? Makes me think that I better change my OS  Huh

any help

Once again : don't use a weak OS for managing your money. Ubuntu 14.04 LTS is about to come. I personnaly use Linux for security reasons, and I recommand you to try this :
http://xubuntu.org/

I just back upped my wallet to 6 usb sticks that i am going to store in a locker at a bank.
And I have then deleted all files related to blackcoin on my pc by using eraser. No way I can get hacked now.

I am just crying........
Jump to: