Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bytecent - Blockchain Powered Social Rewards Network - Bytecent.com - page 78. (Read 160279 times)

Activity: 789
Merit: 500
The new Bytecent multipool made its first payout last night! If you do not want to use your CPU to mine Bytecent, you can join our new multipool and mine other coins, and then get paid in Bytecent! http://forkchain.com
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Nice news but what about change rate?
New Bytecent Multipool (Advanced Mining) www.forkchain.com

When Bytecent was created, our focus was ease of use for the average consumer who never mined a digital currency before. We wanted to make mining as easy as possible and fun, and we feel we have succeeded in our goals. However, we also recognize that we have advanced users who want to be able to mine Bytecent using traditional mining equipment.

Today I am happy to announce the first Bytecent multipool: http://forkchain.com

Thanks to zTool we have a multipool where you can use your Sha256, Scrypt, and X11 miners to mine Bytecent. The multipool does NOT affect the CPU mining of the Bytecent network. Instead, the multipool mines other coins, and those coins are sold and the proceeds are used to purchase Bytecent from the exchange. The coins are then distributed to the miners.

The multipool will allow our more advanced miners to earn extra Bytecent while keeping constant buy pressure on the exchanges. I encourage everyone with mining equipment to immediately setup your miners and begin mining on the pool.

Mining on the pool is very simple. Use your BYC address as your username and anything you like for your password, that is it!

Currently, there is no Bytecent "branding" on the pool because this will be a trial run. If we see constant demand for the multipool, we will customize the pool with the Bytecent logo and colors. The success of the pool depends on the community members.

Thank you for support Bytecent and happy mining!
Basically a higher price would mean lower mining reward right?  So the likely scenario is somebody dumping and then mining itself?

No. POB (Proof of Bytecent ) only affects how many coins are required to extend mining without entering captcha. The block reward is static at 1 BYC. You get 1 BYC for each block you mine, no matter what the price is.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014
Thanks for the replies! it makes sense to do it that way. I noticed the coin for the low spread and high volume.  Does the link to the market price work or has it been manipulated in the past?

Until now it has worked fairly well. But as Bytecent gains increased visibility and popularity, it will be interesting to see if some will try to manipulate it to their advantage.

Basically a higher price would mean lower mining reward right?  So the likely scenario is somebody dumping and then mining itself?
Thanks for the replies! it makes sense to do it that way. I noticed the coin for the low spread and high volume.  Does the link to the market price work or has it been manipulated in the past?

Until now it has worked fairly well. But as Bytecent gains increased visibility and popularity, it will be interesting to see if some will try to manipulate it to their advantage.
legendary
Hi!

New to this coin. Wonder what the mining experience is of people here. Is the whole verifying thing doable, or a hassle?

Hello and welcome. The verifying process was meant to be slightly annoying to motivate miners to buy coins and put them in their wallets. The more coins you have in your wallet, the longer you can mine without having to verify. The amount of coins you need to extend mining for one hour depends on the POB number. The POB number changes as the value of Bytecent goes up and down.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Hi!

New to this coin. Wonder what the mining experience is of people here. Is the whole verifying thing doable, or a hassle?
Mining experiance is different and something new to cryto,it can be chalenging also if you dont have enough coins in wallet and must enter captcha often...BUT,if you actually decide to try something new,inovative and earn in a way ,then nothing should be a hassle....for me is fun and intetesting,and my prediction in a near future Bytecent will be BIG...cheers;)
legendary
Hi!

Activity: 848
Thanks for removing restriction.
The Bytecent dev is live on SuperNet radio: http://supernetradio.com
Tomorrow 7/25/2015 at 3PM EST, the Bytecent developer will be live on SuperNet radio: supernetradio.com

We will be giving away coupons for BYCRewards.com!!!
How would the miners work?

You can mine as you do now. You stick the card in your USB port, open the wallet, and mine as you normally do. However, the coins are sent the address associated with the wallet stored on your Bytecent card.

FYI: The cards are already available for purchase on http://www.bytecentcard.com The only difference is we are expanding to retail locations.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
How would the miners work?

The Bytecent card is coming to a retailer near you. Miner, portable hot wallet, and cold storage all in one!
Activity: 73
Merit: 1
I agree it's better, but i would like (as a option) automatically hour or half hour before time expires so in same time reminds me to enter it Wink
Activity: 73
Merit: 1
You can also tell me, since you read properly, question is "how". Do i need to just click button and receive sms, or every time when 'time' expires sms is received automatically or even automatically hour before time expires.. etc.

You would have to ask the dev that. But it will most likely work like every other app that uses SMS. You enter your cell number and then it sends some code to your cell phone. Does it matter how it works? It is better and more secure than captcha.
SMS?

- How client receives SMS? After time is expired automatically or how?
- Will you restrict some countries? (Like now,where some cannot mine more then 60 minutes)

You did not read properly. He said the code will be sent to your phone. You take the code from your phone and enter it into the client. He is replacing the captcha with SMS.
You can also tell me, since you read properly, question is "how". Do i need to just click button and receive sms, or every time when 'time' expires sms is received automatically or even automatically hour before time expires.. etc.
Pages:
Jump to: